Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Uploading and Using Images - MOBAFire How to...

Creator: Mowen October 18, 2012 12:05am
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 12:05am | Report

First of all we have to use a site that lets us upload images. I prefer imgur.com, which apparently uses the same background color as our forum threads. This tutorial will show how to upload and use images on imgur.com although the process will be very similar for other sites. Other image uploading sites you could use are photobucket.com, imageshack.us, flickr.com or puu.sh

As you can see in the "Upload images" box you can click on "Computer" to browse your computer for images, "Web" to input image urls from the web, drag and drop or use ctrl+v. I prefer dragging and dropping images from an open folder so that's what I'll do. You can do 1 image or select multiple images to upload at a time.

Once you've dragged and dropped (or however you did it) all the images onto imgur click the "Start Upload" button.

Now they are uploaded to the site, and are ready to use! If you want to have 1 link that goes to all your pictures you just uploaded or embed an imgur slideshow you will need to create an album, which is quite easy. Simply click the "Create Album" button in the top right.

You will be prompted to name the new album you're creating and give a description. There's also different options for how the album displays. Once you're done filling out these things hit the "Save" button at the bottom.

Now your images are organized into an album! This would be a good url to bookmark if you want to keep track of your album but don't have an imgur account. You can also create an imgur slideshow by embedding this album into the forum using bbcode.

Now in order to use the image on mobafire you must get the image's url. Note that this is different from the page url. Simply right click the image you want and select "copy image url" to get the image url. Now the image url is stored on your clipboard.

Next go to the page where you want to post your image. This can be a guide, a blog, or a forum thread. Click the photo button.

An input box will pop up prompting you for the image url you want to use. Hit ctrl+v or right click > paste to paste the image url into the input box. Once you're done hit the "OK" button. Your image url will now be in an img tag. An alternative way to do this would be just typing out the code.

[img=image url] or [img]image url[/img] [center][img height=350]http://i.imgur.com/7vKwf.jpg[/img][/center] Once you preview or publish your guide/blog/forum post you will see your image. You're on the road to awesome guide making and meme posting! :)[code]
or

Once you preview or publish your guide/blog/forum post you will see your image. You're on the road to awesome guide making and meme posting! :)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 12:07am | Report
imgur rocks!

'nuff said.
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2012 12:15am | Report
I always use imgur when I'm uploading random stuffz :3
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 1:59am | Report
once again, gj mowen.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 12:22pm | Report
http://puu.sh come on guys imgur is so old :/

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 12:42pm | Report
Haven't heard of that site, I'll put it on the list of other sites you can use though. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Taneren
<Member>
Taneren's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 12:58pm | Report
Great job on the guide! :)

I used Imgur quite often as a Gamemaster on a private server for another game! Easy to use and a very quick way of uploading.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2012 2:32pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Haven't heard of that site, I'll put it on the list of other sites you can use though. :)

puu.sh you press a hotkey drag around what you want to screenshot it uploads quickly then puts the link in your clipboard so you can just paste it.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide