Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Dear young earth creationists:

Creator: throatslasher October 8, 2012 8:59am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
508
Joined:
Mar 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 5:19pm | Report

Cut it out. You're embarssing me as an American, and as a human being. Who do you think has it right, the illiterate desert nomads that wandered around and died at age 20, or the brilliant scientists of today with infinite resources at their fingertips? All your nomads did was suck and die and scribble some stuff about a sky wizard. But, you have modern science to thank for:

average lifespan tripled
vaccines
electricity
computers
internet
modern farming techniques (most important)
dippin' dots
video games
clean water
modern medicine

Stop using science when it's convenient, and then spit on it and stab it in the back when it conflicts with your views. the awesome thing about science is that it's true if you believe in it or not. If you want to test this, convince yourself that the theory of gravity is 'just a theory' and then jump out a window. Or call germ theory 'hogwash' and drink an ebola sample.

If you want to live in the stone age, put on some deerskin clothes and wander into your nearest forest. Or, you can join us in the 21st century and stop taking your book so literally.


I'm going to ignore everything, and only talk about this first post (since most of the rest is just useless ****).
Do you know what science is? It's another religion proven to be fact. Thus, because it is fact, it moved away from being a religion and became science. Doesn't matter whether they named it a religion to begin with, it all started with theorisation. Consider it this way, people once considered the world flat. How did they find out it was round? By going around the world. Science is the religion of "doing things" as such. or was, since once it becomes tangible and fact it could no longer be called a religion.
I'm just spouting theorised nonsense here, so I'll get to my point.
Science is no more worthy in this world then religion is. In fact, it can be argued to be less worthy since it provides no sense of "hope" as a religion does. Yet that is meaningless, since I consider all things equal. Look, what I am trying to say is that your dimwitted and society-focused view is a sign of how little knowledge and understanding you have of this world. To put it in a tangible way, your still "chained" as such to society and have no sense of existence outside of it. You don't understand anything but it, you don't know anything but it, and you don't speak of anything but it. Therefore, no matter how much you spout your nonsense at people, it'll just be a recurring system of nonsense. It'll be rejected, for this view stems directly from the society you live in. This means, it is not your view, but a view of your whole system. It is not your single specialized view, but a view of multiple people. It is nothing new, and so it will be rejected as something old.
Simply put, your argument is meaningless and do not attempt to pretend to understand why such things as religion exist.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
4244
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 6:05pm | Report
Shifty this thread was because the guy in the US Department of science or something said that the earth is only 9000 years old and that creationism is what happened
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
508
Joined:
Mar 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 6:10pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

Shifty this thread was because the guy in the US Department of science or something said that the earth is only 9000 years old and that creationism is what happened


oh...
*looks back at comment*
OH.
I do this sometimes :/ over-reaction and misinterpretation leads to long-*** comments like that where People are like wtf :/
Just pretend I never made that comment <.<
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
13418
Joined:
Jun 6th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 6:58pm | Report
ShiftyCake wrote:

Just pretend I never made that comment <.<

HAH
HAH
HA
No.
You're gonna have to live with the embarrassment.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
508
Joined:
Mar 27th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2012 7:47pm | Report
Searz wrote:


HAH
HAH
HA
No.
You're gonna have to live with the embarrassment.


nuuuuu :(
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Posts:
3064
Joined:
Nov 9th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 1:30pm | Report
@****tyCake
Are you serious? Science is not a religion and never was. Science is not proven to be fact, it's the way we logically test and explain the universe we live in. It is definitely more worthy than religion, only a buffoon would claim otherwise. No sense of hope? What does religion have to offer then? Infinite torture and pain or infinite boredom? Sorry, that's not hope, that's only despair. And how is not believing in god a sign of little understanding of this world? Isn't that the other way around? It's religious people that have NO ****ING IDEA how the world works. Don't talk about yourself as if you've transcended thanks to religion and now have some deep insight about the universe. You don't. You're an idiot, you live in a fantasy world where God does everything for you. Oh, your mother (or any other family member, including yourself) survived an operation, let's thank God for that! Fck science, it can't even give people hope that they'll survive any of the otherwise deadly viruses and bacteria that surround us daily! How useless is that? It certainly doesn't deserve to exist more than our awesome imaginary friends who commit genocides for fun, tell us to kill any ****s we see and try to spread aids around the globe. Those guys are awesome, everyone should worship them.

Just pretend you never made that comment? No. That's an insult to any living creature, even my cat is dumbfounded and he's a fcking cat.
ntb213
<Member>
ntb213's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
29
Joined:
May 6th, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:14pm | Report
From what I'm seeing, more and more people are converting to Agnosticism like myself. Religion in a couple hundred years will be obsolete.

Also, pretty much telling them "**** you guys! Religion is worthless!" doesn't help at all. It gives a bad rep for other non religious people. Besides, why take away what helps them sleep at night? If they are more happy believing then let them believe.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
4244
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2012
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:28pm | Report
i think the people posting on this are forgetting why this thread was made...
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Posts:
3064
Joined:
Nov 9th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 2:43pm | Report
ntb213 wrote:
Also, pretty much telling them "**** you guys! Religion is worthless!" doesn't help at all. It gives a bad rep for other non religious people. Besides, why take away what helps them sleep at night? If they are more happy believing then let them believe.

Maybe it doesn't help them, but it helps me. I feel happier when I bash ungrateful people who bash science. Otherwise I don't really care as long if religious people keep it to themselves. The moment someone tries to throw it at my face or, like ****tycake, bash science in favour of religion then I'll gladly insult them.
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1304
Joined:
Jan 18th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2012 2:11am | Report
Canoas wrote:


Maybe it doesn't help them, but it helps me. I feel happier when I bash ungrateful people who bash science. Otherwise I don't really care as long if religious people keep it to themselves. The moment someone tries to throw it at my face or, like ****tycake, bash science in favour of religion then I'll gladly insult them.

This is why we can't have nice things.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide