Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

I think AD Carries are becoming obsolete.

Creator: tehAsian October 2, 2012 10:37am
1 2 3 4 5
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:25pm | Report
afaik Xai

You can't step micro LeBlanc's DFG Q R :p

But iunno, maybe it's just me not playing ADC and watching other people who can't side step at 1500 elo.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:47pm | Report
ga or qss your choice. Getting a early mantle isn't a bad choice. Besides, if leblanc can actually get near you, your team should be punishing her for getting close or you're in a horrible position.

[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2012 5:41am | Report
Lucky, LeBlanc isn't in the meta.

Besides if LeBlanc reaches you then you should be able to survive it as by the time you are fighting her you should have a banshees/qss/ga so some form of damage mitigation.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2012 12:11pm | Report
Yeah, the game pretty much hinges on the success of your AD carry. They are supposed to be easy to kill early-mid game. That allows for a quick snowballing of a team, while also making things more strategic because you know you can be taken out quickly. The key is out-surviving the other AD carry (thus out-leveling), getting minion kills as much as possible, and using your own turret effectively. So many games I'm in, the AD carry thinks he can get a kill, only to get ganked from behind. If only they had been patient and practiced good positioning, they can win 90% of their lanes.
pyonkun
<Member>
pyonkun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2012 3:36pm | Report
Raiyuzaki wrote:

Yeah, the game pretty much hinges on the success of your AD carry. They are supposed to be easy to kill early-mid game. That allows for a quick snowballing of a team, while also making things more strategic because you know you can be taken out quickly. The key is out-surviving the other AD carry (thus out-leveling), getting minion kills as much as possible, and using your own turret effectively. So many games I'm in, the AD carry thinks he can get a kill, only to get ganked from behind. If only they had been patient and practiced good positioning, they can win 90% of their lanes.

There are other ways to win the game, but I think this really summarizes why playing an ADC isn't difficult but rather frustrating. In early/early-mid game, ADCs are REALLY dependent on their teammates to the point where they can be completely shut down within the first 15 mins of the game, and the team has to search for other ways to win.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2012 4:40pm | Report
The meta is shifting, rather the available strategies are increasing.

You can split push (Shen top most relevant)

You can win heavily through map control (best example being M5's heavy counter jungle strats)

You can simply stall until late game and force one or two team fights (CLG.EU style)

You can snowball hard and push for mid game victory (TSM's usual strategy especially when swapping top or bot)

You can "strangle" enemies by carrying an advantage in 1,2 ,or all 3 lanes and pushing them constantly preventing the enemy from gaining the needed EXP/Gold because they have to send 3-4 people to protect a lane. (Taipei Assassins)

Those are the strategies I've seen or at least consider them different from one another. Some are more recent than others

The ADC is often a key component in these strats because THEY are the consistent DPS on a team. The basic break down is:
-ADC's job is to win lane/win farm (one or the other or both)
-Support Babysits the ADC to keep them safe and try to feed them. Is primarily responsible for map vision towards mid/late game.
-Jungler tries to keep the entire "machine" well oiled by providing pressure/relief to lanes that need it.
-Top laner is meant to win their lane and become an off tank in the late game. (usually)
-AP Mid, either farms or kills their opponent (or both). This is to facilitate ever vigilant lane control. By holding mid they help protect their own jungle and usually can roam to top or bot to help control objectives. (Early/mid game it's usually to help get free dragons by roaming bot). Late game they are meant to burst the enemy AD or AP to protect their own AD.

These are how I view the roles. Other people may disagree or believe the roles have more than what I stated which is fine.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 5:28pm | Report
Jeffy, that was absolutely beautiful... +rep for you
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide