Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

New Jungle - what does it mean?!

Creator: M580 November 29, 2011 8:45am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 12:24pm | Report
It is worth counter jungling when some stuff is worth like 6 gold and the big creeps are worth like 50 lolol.
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 12:50pm | Report
definently. that will set some people way behind gold wise.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 12:58pm | Report
Shaco Got nerfed through oblivion sob :-/
Udyr used to be strong now hé,s even stronger sob :-/
New jungle is supposed to make farming/ganking a choise, it didn't... It just removed the opportunity of being a aggressive and terrorizing jungler

Shaco is crying :-/
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Golleitrian
<Member>
Golleitrian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:07pm | Report
Searz wrote:

This will make junglers that clear the jungle quickly even stronger.

100% WRONG! It's a major nerf! Because when you finish the complete jungle your 1 lv lower and so much poorer. You depend on gold from successfull ganks or jungle invation now.

Jungler used to be a position were you would get rather fed but now your almost as underfed as the support.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig(s)!

If I helped you in anyway +1 rep ^_^ Please check out and vote my:
Taric guide
Master Yi guide
Golleitrian
<Member>
Golleitrian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:11pm | Report
InfHaRM wrote:

In my opinion the only good thing about the new jungle is the fact that you can almost jungle with no runes or masteries.

Which is bad for everyone. Who cares if lower lv can jungle now if end game junglers get hurt so much by it.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig(s)!

If I helped you in anyway +1 rep ^_^ Please check out and vote my:
Taric guide
Master Yi guide
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:16pm | Report
I like the new jungle.

LET THE RAGE FLOW TROUGH ME!
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:27pm | Report
I don't LIKE the new jungle, but it's alright.

@Xen

No...lol.

There's just less gold + exp in the jungle overall.

On first clear, you get less gold and exp then you did before, even if you clear everything...

It's the same thing with every other clear you do, lol...

@Riot

I think if Riot really wanted to make the game more aggressive they could have just raised the gold on small creeps and improved their respawn time so that junglers have more incentive to farm but there is still a choice for gankers to gank...

That's never going to happen though so w/e.

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:37pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

@Xen

No...lol.

There's just less gold + exp in the jungle overall.

On first clear, you get less gold and exp then you did before, even if you clear everything...

It's the same thing with every other clear you do, lol...

Did you listen to anything I said?

The reason farming junglers are so good is because they sit in the jungle and get XP.

There's less XP overall, but over time, if you don't gank or counter jungle (since you'll be underlevelled if you do), you get a really high amount. That's one of the main reasons farming junglers are so strong. It doesn't matter how much you get each clear when they respawn far faster now.

Riot went completely the wrong way to making it more aggressive, it was fine as it is. If they wanted to make it more aggressive, INCREASE potency of counter jungling...
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:40pm | Report

100% WRONG! It's a major nerf! Because when you finish the complete jungle your 1 lv lower and so much poorer. You depend on gold from successfull ganks or jungle invation now.

Far from it.

Sitting in the jungle farming all day (which is what the new jungle promotes) keeps you on a good level as far as gold/XP goes.

Invasion is pointless now, if you try it you'll take away a tiny part of XP at the risk of killing yourself whilst losing XP and gold. Ganking early on is hard to secure a kill due to flash and the red buff nerfs.

If you don't gank/counter jungle, you'll be at the right level.

I hate the new metagame, but hey, Riot wants to promote farming all day long with this new jungle.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 1:40pm | Report

Far from it.

Sitting in the jungle farming all day (which is what the new jungle promotes) keeps you on a good level as far as gold/XP goes.

Invasion is pointless now, if you try it you'll take away a tiny part of XP at the risk of killing yourself whilst losing XP and gold. Ganking early on is hard to secure a kill due to flash and the red buff nerfs.

If you don't gank/counter jungle, you'll be at the right level.

I hate the new metagame, but hey, Riot wants to promote farming all day long with this new jungle.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide