get
prime

Thresh Build Guide by Dromk

This build has been archived and is for historical display only.

PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.


Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


894K
Views
99
Comments
215
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author Dromk

Thresh - The Underrated Toplane Tank (AD Offtank)

Dromk Last updated on February 1, 2013
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
[-]
Thatdudeinthecotton (64) | October 5, 2013 11:52am
cbanc wrote:

Hey just so you know Death Sentence does not have a passive at all, it is Flay that has the passive that does extra magic damage on auto attacks. Death Sentence is only the hook and it doesn't do anything else besides that


To be more accurate, Death Sentences passive got moved over to Flay a while ago. This guide was right at the time of writing, it just needs an update.
1
[-]
cbanc | October 5, 2013 11:04am
Hey just so you know Death Sentence does not have a passive at all, it is Flay that has the passive that does extra magic damage on auto attacks. Death Sentence is only the hook and it doesn't do anything else besides that
1
[-]
PurpleOwnz (1) | July 13, 2013 12:36pm
Love the guide, but I wouldn't bother with Atma's or Muramana. Thresh's skills are not spamable enough to make the Muramana viable. The Atma's is a pretty big waste in my opinion because a Runic Bulwark or some other team oriented item would be better late game when you have the health to make the Atma's worth it.
1
[-]
ShackFu | May 28, 2013 7:35am
Hey anyone try getting some Hybrid Penetration Runes on him for this? If not that then what about Sorcerer Boots for Magic Pen.?

I also think the Shiv helps out a lot early on, it gives his first hit that extra 100 damage which really scares people off and has gotten me plenty of kills due to constant harassing and poking when the shiv AND passive are both charge.

And how does ap AND ad vamp do with him?

Just throwing some ideas out there.
1
[-]
Ciseauxrus | April 24, 2013 3:06am
Just tried this guide out on TT for my first game with Thresh, totally dominated and ended up with a whopping 16-1-8. I thinx it's so good I decided to create an acc on moba just to commend the creator. Thx for an excellent guide!
1
[-]
Free Bowl Pack | April 23, 2013 6:32pm
first time played with the guy, never good at last hitting minions either, and it was against beginner bots, but i followed this guide and really like it man, hella awesome

195 minion kills mid lane with him
1
[-]
MeSheep | April 16, 2013 8:54am
Start of with sayin nice guide. but just one quick lil thing passed my mind; Why no Blade Of The Ruined King? Thresh has the some of the LOWEST base AD and he aint quick at all.
Thresh need ATTACK SPEED inorder to deal dmg with q passave. BOTRK offers that aswell.
The Passive of BOTRK deals lota ekstra dmg not depending on your own attack dmg. It offers a slow.
AND MOTHER FUQIN LIFE STEAL :D
Only downside; thresh could also use spell vamp bevause of high ap dmg. and 2. Thresh dosent deal too much dmg for life steal to RLY become effective.
1
[-]
Magarw | April 13, 2013 2:19pm
Very nice guide.. Have just tried it out, though I rushed Trinity Force cause I'm opsessed with that item. But rushing trinity force, and afterwards going for wits end and warmog's works very well and will make Thresh deal huge amounts of damage! ;)
Very good guide, can recommended Trinity Force.
1
[-]
Manefisto | April 3, 2013 9:10am
You'd be better off taking the points out of Perseverance and 1 point out of Resistance for Unyielding and Block, especially in top lane.

I'd add Lee Sin and Akali to the tough opponents list, you're very strong at last hitting but can't match them in wave clear without going oom and they can both dive you under turret. You'll need a jungle babysit to avoid losing your tower very early on.

I've done some trials with Muramana and would say not to bother, Trinity Force is a good buy though.
Defensive Boots, Bloodthirster, Phage and Hexdrinker and the game should be over.
1
[-]
Qzar13 (1) | March 30, 2013 12:46pm
lol dude i got my first penta using this guide
1
[-]
HarbingAzrael | March 29, 2013 7:35am
Be playing with this build every time i play thresh and i love it
Looking forward to see the Finished build

Also just a general question to everyone playing/using/tinkering with this build do you find some abuse and hate towards having a tank Thresh?

Cheers Dr. Bomm
1
[-]
Arkanae | March 25, 2013 7:49am
I like this concept a lot!

But I built Thresh in a different way:

- Philosopher stone
- boots( lvl 1)
- Shen ( for spellblade)
- Attack speed boots( lvl 2)
- Trinity force ( Tons of damage xD )
- BT
- Phantom Dancer ( insane attack speed + crit )
- ( Depending on how the game is flowing ) banshee's veil/Infinity Edge
1
[-]
Rockbadger | March 24, 2013 8:18am
Just so you know, muramana works with his q's passive :D
1
[-]
mark564 | March 19, 2013 6:04am
Nice guide mate tried it two times solo top i choose teleport and clothe armor 5 Health Potions
as a starting item
1
[-]
panman09 | March 16, 2013 3:17pm
I usually rush a sheen. Is there a reason you don't have it in the build?
1
[-]
Kelvin Tran | March 11, 2013 4:36am
Hello guys,

i've just tested this guide and i got some interesting results (I'm Vietnamese)


They are all victories in normal game. I could deal more than 500 damages on AP and AD ( Include AP and phys damage ) and 200 ~ 300 on Tank or offtank. BTW, This is amazing guide for Thresh to go solo top
1
[-]
Lunaluparium | March 3, 2013 2:23pm
My only suggestion would be to get Wit's End before you get Frozen Mallet, and right after you get Phage. The increased attack speed lets you poke them much more early game, and the moment they back off of their tower with about half health, you grab them and ruin them for kills early game. The increased attack speed also makes sure you kill them while they're drastically slowed by your ult.

I use a build very similar to this most of the time. The only issue I've had is that Thresh falls a little weak late game. I wouldn't know how to fix that though. Either way, it's a good build and you should definitely keep working on the descriptions!
1
[-]
Frostesito FTW09 (1) | March 3, 2013 2:38am
I still have used trhesh as supp bbut i think next time i will try this build ^^
Pls whatch my build(s) coment and rate them c: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/tresh-the-way-to-the-frost-292771
1
[-]
Fatman LK (1) | March 2, 2013 5:32pm
i played with this guid and i got 18/3/15 on rankt with it. :)
but its 2 problems with it-
1. too lite armor in early game so dont just buy MR items its going to be hard in late game too.
2 you can say solo top with thresh on rankt then they say noob reported to you and mutch more. so its rly hard to just come in to a game with him as solo.
but i rly like this guid so 5/5 :)
1
[-]
RexAlphpnse206 | March 2, 2013 5:54am
can I buy Sheen for him?
1
[-]
Funkihunter | February 28, 2013 10:55pm
Sweet guide!

Yah, I think there's also a "surprise" factor with Thresh AD as a top laner.

Just played against this build as Riven, and I had noooo idea what I was doing until lvl 7. I was able to out farm the Thresh player - but he didn't build him this way exactly. I think that if he had he could have done much better. It's weak to an "all-in" by the enemy champ if they're w/in melee range and don't go through the box. He owned me early (he was running a longsword with two hp pots and probably had 51 armor at lvl 1). But around lvl 7 when I had the timings down I just dominated him and took turret.

Make sure to take advantage of that early game! And don't waste your flash for a possible Q on the opponent into your turret's range... UNLESS you know what you're doing.

Getting the up-vote because I think this Thresh is the best type of Thresh.
But you should include a section on how important landing his skill-shots are even if you're AD.
1
[-]
NippleSniff | February 18, 2013 3:45pm
-More BBCoding
-More Information (Match ups, Early/Mid/Late game playstyle, ext.)
-Grammar
-Why AD is over Support/AP/Tank
-This guide is just dumb
1
[-]
Azure98 | February 17, 2013 3:27pm
Made an account just to post here and like everyone else im loving this guide its helped me on my Thresh game A LOT. I also decided to give Muramana a whirl on Thresh in the 5 games I was actually able to get it in(Either my team wrecked them or they wrecked us before I could reach 750Mana). And he is just insane with that thing... After I got Bloodthirster I went for an AP item I was considerably more squishy since I skiped Phage but...Dat damage...290AD and 198AP(or higher) his Q skill passive alone it was doing over 600 Damage on top of the Physical damage. Was pretty much two shoting most of the squishier champions before a team fight even began. End game I was even taking nice chunks out of the tanks on the other team. I would imagine stacking the Sheen or Trinity(I think it was called) on top of that would be even more crazy since it does that extra damage after skill use(the Q drag which counts as the ability and doesnt even consume your passive)Just imagining the damage makes me so curious that I have to try them myself. Anyways thanks for the awesome guide. ^^
1
[-]
asmbobo | February 17, 2013 10:14am
Thanks alot, nice guide. ;)
1
[-]
Beocles | February 17, 2013 4:32am
I really like this guide. I simply had an idea i wanted to give attention, thresh's passive on his Q gain's more damage over time so wouldn't you want to build a Shen and go from there, giving more damage to that first hit. I mean if that first hit deals 1/6 of my life mid game. That is the kind of fear I fell thresh can provoke. I don't feel building attack speed is the way to go. Thresh as a character gives his opponent time to think, making them fear him through the anticipation of each of his next attacks. I just fell thresh would be more threatening top lane if each hit truly hurt rather than trying to stay out of his range. ( i don't want to play thresh as a top ADC. I want to play him as the fearful top i know he can be. Just an idea, i have not practiced this build. ( I would love more insight on this style of game play. ) again thank you for this build i knew thresh could be played more than just a support. I just want to make him the killer i know he can be. a killer best tool is always fear. Great build please keep posting
1
[-]
DarkAkumaLord (61) | February 16, 2013 1:24pm
Who is Tresh? xD
1
[-]
Xcorpit | February 14, 2013 11:39am
Good guide like it supp become a adc
1
[-]
King Konrad (2) | February 14, 2013 8:56am
Alacrity isn't worth it's price so why don't you pick furor ,for instance, since it will help you hunt down your foes.
1
[-]
DikStarrbuck | February 13, 2013 6:21pm
I created a mobafire account just to post here.. I LOVE THIS GUIDE.. Been using it since It was first posted.. it works.. and it works well
1
[-]
leipetaco (8) | February 12, 2013 12:10pm
You should try Malady

Your soul ability power will stack great with your malady!!
1
[-]
AS Darius ftw | February 12, 2013 10:28am
well not had but why ap masteries? items are good.
1
[-]
Cowbower | February 12, 2013 7:20am
Thanks for the guide! Just one thing: why do you take BT and not the Gunblade? It gives you less AD, but the ap is pretty good and it gives you have spellvamp and the slow
1
[-]
Pise | February 11, 2013 1:20pm
I found this guide very usefull, but there are much things missing! tips for lantern, combo wombo and such things. C'mon do it dude :)

I had some funny matches thx to this, i had problems only against irelia and against a good jax so i want to share the results! http://imageshack.us/a/img401/5664/thresh.png
1
[-]
Yamx | February 8, 2013 1:46am
love this build, i think the enemy's always think that he's easy to kill then you flay them into your box. BAM!!!
1
[-]
Flowstylex (34) | February 6, 2013 1:22pm
Bin auch so ein "dummer Deutsch-typ" ;) Bin auch grade an einer Guide dran ( Shaco), und da hätt für dich: Ein paar BB-codes wie anstatt "Dammation" schreib doch Damnation. Das sieht doch deutlich besser aus.
1
[-]
sh0ulderangel (1) | February 4, 2013 10:52pm
just thought id let you know more of my attempts. Vlad wrecks thresh top, all the MR in the world wouldnt help too much, your poke dies off with his q and he dodges important abilities
1
[-]
sh0ulderangel (1) | February 3, 2013 11:09pm
i tried the movespeed quints like i said, in the first game, it didn't work, but i replaced 6 armor marks with 6 AD marks and it worked wonders and made farming and laning a lot easier. I definitely recommend trying 6 AD marks 3 Armor marks 9 armor seals 9 MR per lvl glyphs and 3 movespeed quints. It does very well against more top laners. Especially ones that are ranged like Jayce and Kennen.
1
[-]
Dromk | February 2, 2013 5:42am

I think its worth mentioning that if theres no signifigcant ap damage on the enemy team youd probably be better of getting a sword of the divine or a hurricane instead of wits end.
Excellent guide :)



you´r totally right ....
1
[-]
Thatdudeinthecotton (64) | February 2, 2013 4:39am
I think its worth mentioning that if theres no signifigcant ap damage on the enemy team youd probably be better of getting a sword of the divine or a hurricane instead of wits end.
Excellent guide :)
1
[-]
Rouan | February 2, 2013 4:00am
I like your build. You inspired me. :D
But I use Atma's Impaler instead of Maw of Malmortius for more attack damage and some armor.
Your build is awesome.
Thanks! :D
1
[-]
sh0ulderangel (1) | February 1, 2013 9:25pm
I like this guide a lot, ive done extremely well and i hope to help with it if i can, im going to try to replace the quints with movespeed (he's very slow...) and i'll let you know how it does. THANK YOU for the idea to play thresh like this, i attempted jungling and it doesnt work well at all compared to this guide.
1
[-]
plagios2 (1) | February 1, 2013 1:05pm
very nice guide thnx man

also i want to ask you Greater Marks of Hybrid Penetration is good choice on him?
1
[-]
TheLokis | February 1, 2013 1:50am
Best guide so far YET:
Trinity force is a great item on Thresh, yes he has some high cooldowns, but you don't spam you spells, you auto attack. Taking your time makes this item sextremely strong on him.
Only the armor from his passive is nowhere near enough what he needs, consider getting a randuins or a frozen heart or a frozen hand to get all the armor you need.
Sword of the Ruined king along with wits end is devastating on him.
1
[-]
chaboykells | January 31, 2013 11:38pm
I think Iceborn Gauntlet is a must. Decent guide tho.
1
[-]
Mushroom | January 31, 2013 12:05pm
Nice guide. I tried solo and it works. You have E if the enemy champ gets to close so no worries.

Anyone tried jungle? I tried it,was really nice. SUperb ganks with lantern but found it a little difficult in the jungle but i think main reason was that i didnt build Q fast enough. ANd i am not sure you get enough souls.
1
[-]
felix90 | January 31, 2013 4:38am
upvote.

i play this guide.
but i use Health Quints.
1
[-]
xRosco19x (1) | January 30, 2013 8:24pm
Ok a few things, you should add some more codes on the masteries and runes sections. Also, the Cons section you said "the skin sucks" which can be a pro for some, because it is an opinion to like it or not. Also add a top lane enemy and how to fight them section.
Otherwise that excellent guide I voted it up.
1
[-]
Bigg Fuddgee (10) | January 30, 2013 7:02pm
Im changing my votes after seeing you have changed malady out, THANK YOU! and I thought AD was terribad, so any AD builds i've seen I was like eh....But i tried it...Unless you added a section on his gameplay throughout the game, I think itd be valuable to add that AD is really only amazing in lane and mid game, late game it is quite terribad. I played full ADC thresh, got fed as anything but the range of his attack, damage, as, and skill set don't match well for late game.
1
[-]
sgtpudding (2) | January 30, 2013 12:55pm
Hey, does anyone think an all out tank Thresh build has any hope? From what I see of Thresh his Q can deal a chunk of damage even without itemization. Plus for getting armor I've been getting around 100 free armor per game (though other champions do automatically level up with armor). I just see a lot of people trying to damage up Thresh when there's a possibility for going full out tank and using him for utility. Any hope or am I just blowing steam?

EDIT
I also wanted to know if it might be better to have a situational Atma's Impaler instead of Bloodthirster, if the opposing team has a lot more armor. The rest of the build is fantastic, and I do love the damage from Bloodthirster, but if this guide is for more tankiness wouldn't Atma be considered? We do have a lot of health here. Or there could be another suggestion. Just a thought.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 30, 2013 10:55am
IamRoundie wrote:

The concept is not to bad, but as many people said here.
Thrash is not meant to be a tank, so he's armor is low, until you farmed up creeps.
So my tip is: Start with Cloth Armor and 5x health potions. Because almost every toplane champion is an AD champion
NB: Just a tip



i will ad this option for start items soon... in 1 hour :) wanted 2 add anyway :P but ty
1
[-]
IamRoundie | January 30, 2013 10:18am
The concept is not to bad, but as many people said here.
Thrash is not meant to be a tank, so he's armor is low, until you farmed up creeps.
So my tip is: Start with Cloth Armor and 5x health potions. Because almost every toplane champion is an AD champion
NB: Just a tip
1
[-]
Regicidal (2) | January 30, 2013 9:23am
I love this guide. Bought Thresh because of it.
1
[-]
Denzien | January 30, 2013 3:12am
Nice guide, don't like playing supports so seeing this is really helpful ^^
1
[-]
haXer97 | January 30, 2013 1:30am
Ad is better then supp.
1
[-]
Gonj420 | January 29, 2013 10:36pm
I've had no issue with this build. It works great for Top and Mid.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 29, 2013 1:04pm

Die offtank AD Variante habe ich auch gleich als erstes ausprobiert.
Ich spiele allerdings mit full MR per lvl und flat MP zusammen mit dem passiven hat man midgame ohne auch nur and deff zu denken schnell mal 100 / 100 Armor / MR. macht ihn ziemlich interessant :)



genau das finde auch ich an diesem champ interessant :D
1
[-]
Halliconsun | January 29, 2013 1:02pm
Die offtank AD Variante habe ich auch gleich als erstes ausprobiert.
Ich spiele allerdings mit full MR per lvl und flat MP zusammen mit dem passiven hat man midgame ohne auch nur and deff zu denken schnell mal 100 / 100 Armor / MR. macht ihn ziemlich interessant :)
1
[-]
rick438 | January 29, 2013 10:58am
Dromk wrote:



hi
i also max "flay" second.....don´t know why you added this sentence :) the reason i didn´t go for flat ad runes is that thresh needs allot of farm 2 be really strong in mid and lategame so it´s in my opinions better 2 just farm and stay on lane as long as possible. ( that´s why i take armor runes for lower incoming damage)
So do your best and outfarm the enemy toplane and wait for the jungle, hit 1 "deathsentence" and go for a almost 100% kill if he already burned flash :)


Thank you for your response and the reason why i talked about maxing flay second was because in your discussion about abilities i believe it stated to max your shield second although i may have misread or i read a different build. Either way thank you for your time and i am very interested to see how this build develops
1
[-]
Dianjin | January 29, 2013 9:52am
GREAT GUIDE LOVE IT
1
[-]
Dianjin | January 29, 2013 9:52am
GREAT GUIDE LOVE IT
1
[-]
Dromk | January 29, 2013 9:44am
sgtpudding wrote:

Does anyone know if Death Sentence's passive works with critical strike?

I like this build- This is exactly how I'd like to build Thresh. I've played a few games so I know that this build has a lot of potential. What I'd like you to focus on is to either run your guide through an auto-correct or have someone do so for you, though I see you're already doing some of that. Also, it might be good to stick some of the numbers you're putting down here on the guide. For example what you said about have 150 souls and all the items- Some people like to see guides backed up with stats. Also there's just the matter of presentation and explaining- for example the masteries. It might seem self-explanatory to you to have 14/16/0 but to some people who have never run anything but 21 on one and 9 on another, they'll probably be looking for some explanations.
Also, when you have cemented a lot of your guide down, it might be good to run through the teleport spell and the advantages it can do- For example, showing how a Thresh out of nowhere could clamp down a team fight. You could do this by recording a video, showing pictures, etc. But it'd also be cool to see some strategic ward placements a bot laner could place for a Threshing teleport.
Another thing to go more in-depth is the passive of Death Sentence- That's what this build is about, (besides the tankiness and the absurd cc) so it might be good to go in-depth. Even stating what might seem obvious, for example, 8 seconds gives you a certain less damage than 10 seconds. Just throwing out ideas there.
Most of my suggestions are there to help support newer Thresh players- new Threshers aren't going to know the stats or what to do. They might have some basic ideas, but just showing them the absurd abomination that is Thresh could really mean a sorta good player who gets the gist of Thresh and a player who knows this difficult champion who needs a lot of skill to play as well as a no-skill champion like Garen. (No offense to all Garens out there.)

Hope you found my critique helpful. I am excited about this guide and can't wait to see the finished product.


i like your ideas ...i know my english isn´t that good :/

i didn´t add any videos because my recording program only records a black screen when i swap 2 lol
1
[-]
Dromk | January 29, 2013 9:39am




A Few, Things...you say "Thresh can almost all the time he is in a fight focus the right champion because of his range" You do realize his range is 475...Classifying him as an ADC puts him at a lower attack range than Kayle with Her E on....So I don't understand how having a shorter range will allow him to attack the right target?

Another Thing: If you claim to have 118 AP then your Dark Passage and The Box math are wrong...40% ap scaling on dark passage shields him for 267 and the box has a base of 550 + 100% scaling which would be 668 damage.

I don't think malady should even be an option unless you are building a hat on your thresh, it reduces MR (you deal mostly physical) is scales 10% ap + 15 base...with 118 ap you are going to be dealing around 25 damage without factoring MR of enemy. And the stats just aren't good.

I will give it some trials and see how it works out for me, but to me it seems like it'll be like a malzahar adc or swain adc...itll work wonderfully in lane but fail epically in teamfights.



ah i´m sorry for the wrong math i had 2 write this text twice because my pc trolled me and i wans´t that concentrated the last time :/

i will try the malady + as combination again and compare it directly with my other build.....
1
[-]
Bigg Fuddgee (10) | January 29, 2013 9:25am
Dromk wrote:




1st i come to the last point you mentioned ...i onyl added simitar 2 the build if you have heavy cc in enemy team like Amumu

Malady i would only buy in combination with AS .....

Now i will post you the the stats of Thresh if he is build like in my guide i only replace GA with Warmogs
(2 reach this stats you need 150 souls)

4004 HP
131 MG
136 Armor

118 Ap
198 AD
0.98 Hits per second

- Death sentence deals 259 damage
- Dark Passage shields with 227
- Flay deals 272 damage
- the box deals 568 damage

Now the interesting part the passive of Death sentence does 788 damage (if full charged) .....and all the following autohits deal 490 per hit.
Another positive thing is that Thresh can almost all the time he is in a fight focus the right champion because of his range. Also it´s hard 2 buy defensive items against him because he deals hybrid damage.

(in ignored enemy MG and Armor in this text)

i hope i could show you that Thresh not only has great cc he can also do some damage and specially the enemy ADC will hate him ....



A Few, Things...you say "Thresh can almost all the time he is in a fight focus the right champion because of his range" You do realize his range is 475...Classifying him as an ADC puts him at a lower attack range than Kayle with Her E on....So I don't understand how having a shorter range will allow him to attack the right target?

Another Thing: If you claim to have 118 AP then your Dark Passage and The Box math are wrong...40% ap scaling on dark passage shields him for 267 and the box has a base of 550 + 100% scaling which would be 668 damage.

I don't think malady should even be an option unless you are building a hat on your thresh, it reduces MR (you deal mostly physical) is scales 10% ap + 15 base...with 118 ap you are going to be dealing around 25 damage without factoring MR of enemy. And the stats just aren't good.

I will give it some trials and see how it works out for me, but to me it seems like it'll be like a malzahar adc or swain adc...itll work wonderfully in lane but fail epically in teamfights.
1
[-]
sirell (395) | January 29, 2013 9:19am
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Death Sentence's passive works with critical strike?


No, it doesn't.
1
[-]
sgtpudding (2) | January 29, 2013 9:15am
Oh, and I just up-voted. Can't have this being down in the low votes now can we? :P
1
[-]
sgtpudding (2) | January 29, 2013 9:14am
Does anyone know if Death Sentence's passive works with critical strike?

I like this build- This is exactly how I'd like to build Thresh. I've played a few games so I know that this build has a lot of potential. What I'd like you to focus on is to either run your guide through an auto-correct or have someone do so for you, though I see you're already doing some of that. Also, it might be good to stick some of the numbers you're putting down here on the guide. For example what you said about have 150 souls and all the items- Some people like to see guides backed up with stats. Also there's just the matter of presentation and explaining- for example the masteries. It might seem self-explanatory to you to have 14/16/0 but to some people who have never run anything but 21 on one and 9 on another, they'll probably be looking for some explanations.
Also, when you have cemented a lot of your guide down, it might be good to run through the teleport spell and the advantages it can do- For example, showing how a Thresh out of nowhere could clamp down a team fight. You could do this by recording a video, showing pictures, etc. But it'd also be cool to see some strategic ward placements a bot laner could place for a Threshing teleport.
Another thing to go more in-depth is the passive of Death Sentence- That's what this build is about, (besides the tankiness and the absurd cc) so it might be good to go in-depth. Even stating what might seem obvious, for example, 8 seconds gives you a certain less damage than 10 seconds. Just throwing out ideas there.
Most of my suggestions are there to help support newer Thresh players- new Threshers aren't going to know the stats or what to do. They might have some basic ideas, but just showing them the absurd abomination that is Thresh could really mean a sorta good player who gets the gist of Thresh and a player who knows this difficult champion who needs a lot of skill to play as well as a no-skill champion like Garen. (No offense to all Garens out there.)

Hope you found my critique helpful. I am excited about this guide and can't wait to see the finished product.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 29, 2013 8:53am
drakkx wrote:

downvoting for now cuz i feel your build lacks some mid game defence and malady is a really bad optional choice. You also have big skill boxes in the middle of your guide that make it annoying to read.




ah... i´m sorry for the boxes in the middle of the text this is my fist guide and i don´t realy know how 2 handle them ..... but i will try 2

how would you bring defensive into midgame
1
[-]
drakkx | January 29, 2013 8:51am
downvoting for now cuz i feel your build lacks some mid game defence and malady is a really bad optional choice. You also have big skill boxes in the middle of your guide that make it annoying to read.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 29, 2013 8:21am

I can't upvote a AD guide till I see plenty of proof....thresh has a base damage of 48 damage...a range of 475...and Death Sentence passive does not provide a huge chunk of AD every hit....it provides a minimum of your souls + over 10 seconds it builds UP TO 200% damage....you have to wait 10 seconds to get the 200% ad ratio...which isnt bad as support...get some AD and burst the enemy down....but in teamfight are you going to wait 10 seconds before auto attacking just to do 200% extra damage as MAGIC DAMAGE, not physical....really it just doesnt make sense...you can't attack while dragging someone...you have to get dead center of the fight to land a good R and E, so y build him remotely squishy at all?

Edit: also simitar is bad because it will not give him the speed buff because he is technically ranged...and malady is not good because it is 10% ad...you might get 100 ap worth of souls in a long game of LoL with will allow you to deal a total of 25 extra damage which is reduced by MR...not worth it

whisper me when you comment back and consider something/fix some things, ill be looking foward to it and i'll consider changing my vote to an upvote.



1st i come to the last point you mentioned ...i onyl added simitar 2 the build if you have heavy cc in enemy team like Amumu

Malady i would only buy in combination with AS .....

Now i will post you the the stats of Thresh if he is build like in my guide i only replace GA with Warmogs
(2 reach this stats you need 150 souls)

4004 HP
131 MG
136 Armor

118 Ap
198 AD
0.98 Hits per second

- Death sentence deals 259 damage
- Dark Passage shields with 227
- Flay deals 272 damage
- the box deals 568 damage

Now the interesting part the passive of Death sentence does 788 damage (if full charged) .....and all the following autohits deal 490 per hit.
Another positive thing is that Thresh can almost all the time he is in a fight focus the right champion because of his range. Also it´s hard 2 buy defensive items against him because he deals hybrid damage.

(in ignored enemy MG and Armor in this text)

i hope i could show you that Thresh not only has great cc he can also do some damage and specially the enemy ADC will hate him ....
1
[-]
Dromk | January 29, 2013 7:18am
rick438 wrote:

I also play ad thresh top and find it is very effective with the exception of being against ranged tops such as jayce or elise u follow a similar build to mine i do not take wits end on thresh because his base attack speed is incredibly low so the scaling on attack speed is awful i would instead replace wit's end with a runic bulwark, banshee's veil or a spirit visage in order to be tankier also i do not max my w second because if your solo top the only use i find for it is 2 help gank which essentially secures a kill or 2 provide a small shield which could save from ignite i value the additional damage output and slow increase of flay to be greater then his shield. I take a similar mastery tree with 16 in offense and 14 in defense. However i suggest trying flat ad marks instead of armor. The armor provided is helpful however the additional early game ad allows thresh to poke and harass incredibly efficiently. I hope you took the time to read this and please respond back if at all possible about your thoughts and opinions about thresh


hi
i also max "flay" second.....don´t know why you added this sentence :) the reason i didn´t go for flat ad runes is that thresh needs allot of farm 2 be really strong in mid and lategame so it´s in my opinions better 2 just farm and stay on lane as long as possible. ( that´s why i take armor runes for lower incoming damage)
So do your best and outfarm the enemy toplane and wait for the jungle, hit 1 "deathsentence" and go for a almost 100% kill if he already burned flash :)
1
[-]
N_JAW | January 28, 2013 11:06pm
I have been trying this against intermed bots and pvp (nonranked). It's amazing!!!
1
[-]
rick438 | January 28, 2013 10:21pm
I also play ad thresh top and find it is very effective with the exception of being against ranged tops such as jayce or elise u follow a similar build to mine i do not take wits end on thresh because his base attack speed is incredibly low so the scaling on attack speed is awful i would instead replace wit's end with a runic bulwark, banshee's veil or a spirit visage in order to be tankier also i do not max my w second because if your solo top the only use i find for it is 2 help gank which essentially secures a kill or 2 provide a small shield which could save from ignite i value the additional damage output and slow increase of flay to be greater then his shield. I take a similar mastery tree with 16 in offense and 14 in defense. However i suggest trying flat ad marks instead of armor. The armor provided is helpful however the additional early game ad allows thresh to poke and harass incredibly efficiently. I hope you took the time to read this and please respond back if at all possible about your thoughts and opinions about thresh
1
[-]
rick438 | January 28, 2013 10:21pm
I also play ad thresh top and find it is very effective with the exception of being against ranged tops such as jayce or elise u follow a similar build to mine i do not take wits end on thresh because his base attack speed is incredibly low so the scaling on attack speed is awful i would instead replace wit's end with a runic bulwark, banshee's veil or a spirit visage in order to be tankier also i do not max my w second because if your solo top the only use i find for it is 2 help gank which essentially secures a kill or 2 provide a small shield which could save from ignite i value the additional damage output and slow increase of flay to be greater then his shield. I take a similar mastery tree with 16 in offense and 14 in defense. However i suggest trying flat ad marks instead of armor. The armor provided is helpful however the additional early game ad allows thresh to poke and harass incredibly efficiently. I hope you took the time to read this and please respond back if at all possible about your thoughts and opinions about thresh
1
[-]
Bigg Fuddgee (10) | January 28, 2013 8:55pm
I can't upvote a AD guide till I see plenty of proof....thresh has a base damage of 48 damage...a range of 475...and Death Sentence passive does not provide a huge chunk of AD every hit....it provides a minimum of your souls + over 10 seconds it builds UP TO 200% damage....you have to wait 10 seconds to get the 200% ad ratio...which isnt bad as support...get some AD and burst the enemy down....but in teamfight are you going to wait 10 seconds before auto attacking just to do 200% extra damage as MAGIC DAMAGE, not physical....really it just doesnt make sense...you can't attack while dragging someone...you have to get dead center of the fight to land a good R and E, so y build him remotely squishy at all?

Edit: also simitar is bad because it will not give him the speed buff because he is technically ranged...and malady is not good because it is 10% ad...you might get 100 ap worth of souls in a long game of LoL with will allow you to deal a total of 25 extra damage which is reduced by MR...not worth it

whisper me when you comment back and consider something/fix some things, ill be looking foward to it and i'll consider changing my vote to an upvote.
1
[-]
PinkZer0 | January 28, 2013 5:40pm
great build, tried in 3v3, just replaced the angel :)
1
[-]
Singismund | January 28, 2013 11:20am
Tried this build in game just a second ago, and it worked perfectly, good job sir.
1
[-]
Pelikins (44) | January 28, 2013 9:50am
Thresh can deal a ton of damage late game IF he is diligent about collecting souls.

Honestly, I'd run teleport on Thesh for this reason.

Thresh does have a pretty atrocious mid game though.

The key is soul collecting and then building AS for late game dps.
1
[-]
xxperrycxx (2) | January 28, 2013 9:41am
I'm not saying I don't like this guide. A lot of effort is put into it. AD Thresh will work early game. But as mid / late game kicks in, the damage thresh can output diminish. MY kda on Thresh is 3.3/ 3.9/10.4. I've played a total of 12 games. In those 12 games, 3~4 were played as AD. I lost miserably.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 28, 2013 8:49am
Pelikins wrote:

Much better.

I'm not an advocate of Thresh top. But your build makes sense now. I'll flip the vote.


Tank you ...comment like your are always a big help :)
1
[-]
StrawOwl5 | January 28, 2013 8:08am
This build is a great idea Imo. Great for teamfights.
1
[-]
Pelikins (44) | January 28, 2013 8:05am
Much better.

I'm not an advocate of Thresh top. But your build makes sense now. I'll flip the vote.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 28, 2013 5:54am
oh man i found many mistakes in my post hope you still understand it :D
1
[-]
Dromk | January 28, 2013 5:51am
Pelikins wrote:

This build is pretty awful to be perfectly honest.


You should be building items the grant maximum AD/cost to take advantage of his 200% ratio early on.

Then get tanky.

Then late game be building AS, because his on hit due to souls collected.

But this build has its build order all messed up, building AS too early. Not getting efficient AD items...

It's just not a well thought out build.

BotRK is a terrible item on Thresh. For the cost, BT is way way better.

Drop the AS out of the build until late game.

put doran's blades is for early game tankiness/sustain and for a cheap way to get some early AD.

If it were me, I'd go cloth+5 > dorans > dorans > phage > Mercs/tabi > BT > FM > Wit's End > Malady


i see what you mean ...... my build doesn´t fit 2 every situation ...if you have problems in early game it´s for sure better 2 buy 2 doran´s blade then going for phage that soon but if you dominate your lane (what i do most of the time i play thresh top ) you can go for phage. After you wrote this i replaced BotRK with BF in some games and it showed that you were right .....so i´m going 2 replace BotRK with BF in my guide. Thx for this comment i could realy need more of this .
Even you downvoted my guide this comment brings the most positive effect 2 this builde .
1
[-]
Pelikins (44) | January 28, 2013 5:32am
This build is pretty awful to be perfectly honest.


You should be building items the grant maximum AD/cost to take advantage of his 200% ratio early on.

Then get tanky.

Then late game be building AS, because his on hit due to souls collected.

But this build has its build order all messed up, building AS too early. Not getting efficient AD items...

It's just not a well thought out build.

BotRK is a terrible item on Thresh. For the cost, BT is way way better.

Drop the AS out of the build until late game.

put doran's blades is for early game tankiness/sustain and for a cheap way to get some early AD.

If it were me, I'd go cloth+5 > dorans > dorans > phage > Mercs/tabi > BT > FM > Wit's End > Malady
1
[-]
Master G | January 28, 2013 3:30am
i like this guide .....it feels a bit like playing teemo with lower dmg and withour shrooms but he is more tanky and has alot of cc

....so thumbs up :D
1
[-]
Dromk | January 28, 2013 2:59am
xxperrycxx wrote:

AD thresh does not work, his kit is based on AP.


only thing i can say is that it works very well......i didn´t lost my lane in any game with thresh on toplane since i build like this. Also you will have around 100+ ap after some farming so your spells do dmg but you still deal the most dmg with the passive of your Q......just try it.
1
[-]
xxperrycxx (2) | January 28, 2013 2:46am
AD thresh does not work, his kit is based on AP.
1
[-]
Dromk | January 28, 2013 2:39am
xxperrycxx wrote:

Considering Thresh's passive, which gives armor + AP, building an AD Offtank seem to be more of a troll build. This is the reason why most people build shen & malphite AP.


in fact this is the point why this build is in my opinion the best for thresh solo top.
you do massive dmg with your autohits because of the passive of his Q . also you gain enought ap while farming so your spells still does some dmg .....

it realy looks like you didn´t tryed this guid.
1
[-]
xxperrycxx (2) | January 27, 2013 10:50pm
Considering Thresh's passive, which gives armor + AP, building an AD Offtank seem to be more of a troll build. This is the reason why most people build shen & malphite AP.
1
[-]
iceformat | January 27, 2013 9:25pm
good guia
1
[-]
iceformat | January 27, 2013 9:25pm
good guia
1
[-]
Dromk | January 27, 2013 1:02pm
You are right ....i haven't even explained why i buy wich item....but this guide is still under coounstruction so lps don't downvote becase it's 2 short. i wuuld understand it if something i say is ******** but...

i will finish the guide in the next weeks.
1
[-]
crazybaglady | January 27, 2013 8:57am
Far too short, you don't go into enough detail.
1
[-]
Elsix (1) | January 27, 2013 6:22am
Nice Guide.
Realy helpful.
First time played this champ I used this Guide. (Easy Toplane) :D
1
[-]
Dromk | January 26, 2013 8:25am
mrfuzzy78 wrote:

I love the concept, this is how I like Thresh. However, you might still need armor. Most top laners are stronger than you early, and your armor is pretty horrible comparatively until late game.

Also, Runaans hurricane is the holy grail of on-hit-damage, and I think it at least warrants a situational mention


you are right if you have strong ad toplane it´s maybe better 2 buy "Ninja Tabi"
1
[-]
mrfuzzy78 (5) | January 26, 2013 7:40am
I love the concept, this is how I like Thresh. However, you might still need armor. Most top laners are stronger than you early, and your armor is pretty horrible comparatively until late game.

Also, Runaans hurricane is the holy grail of on-hit-damage, and I think it at least warrants a situational mention
1
[-]
mrfuzzy78 (5) | January 26, 2013 7:40am
I love the concept, this is how I like Thresh. However, you might still need armor. Most top laners are stronger than you early, and your armor is pretty horrible comparatively until late game.
1
[-]
xLyo | January 26, 2013 6:58am
Best guide so far (:
congrats
1
[-]
Elsix (1) | January 26, 2013 6:55am
Haha nice Guide :D

Quoted:
The reason why i made this guide is that I haven´t seen anyone playing Thresh in top lane as an AD Offtank


You're right i never saw this aswell but its realy ncie to play ^^

Thanks to you Dromk.