Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smart Cast Switcher

Creator: BigGun November 5, 2011 1:56pm
BigGun
<Member>
BigGun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 1:56pm | Report
Hi everybody. I've wrote a little tool that will switch the keyboard shortcuts between normal and smart casting (for example q for smart cast and shift+q for normal cast). When started first time it will ask for a LOL keyboard setting file location which is located in [Your_LOL_Directory]\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0 .89\deploy\DATA\CFG\input.ini. If you do not have it, change some keyboard bindings in game and it will appear. The interface of the program is very simple, so I think there should be no problems to use it.

Program will create a .xml file called SmartCastSwitcher.xml in its directory. It stores there a path to your input.ini file. To change this path, press Settings button.

To switch between smart cast mode and normal mode, make a selection for each skill (q, w, e, r) and press apply button. When my program will change your input.ini file first time, it will make its backup, called input.bak.

If you have some other key bindings there, they will not be changed. Only bindings of skill casts and smart skill casts will be affected.

Reset button will reread the input.ini file.

You can use it until the start of game client itself, because it reads this settings only once at start time. So the latest point when you can make some changes is a champion selection stage.

I'm giving this for free, but with no warranty. It works for me and a couple of my friends. If you'll have some problems or questions, I'll be glad to answer.

P.S. To run this tool you'll Microsoft .NT Framework 2.0 or higher version installed. You probably already have it, because it is used by a lot of applications.

Update 1: Added support for summoner spells (switching D <-> Shift+D, F <-> Shift+F).

Link to file: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=61467&d=1320581275

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide