Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Aravel: the Battle Magician

Creator: reyndria August 2, 2012 10:32pm
reyndria
<Member>
reyndria's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 10:32pm | Report
Aravel is a tanky melee support mage with a large deposit of interrupts and ways to keep the enemy team off their game.

Abilities:
Aura pulse (passive): every few seconds, Aravel releases a pulse of energy, passively dealing light damage to nearby enemy champions. (right now im thinking 10/20/30/50 damage as the levels scale 1/6/11/16, and in a small radius...basically it will pulse at about a sunfire cape range every 2 or 3s and do damage)
Blizzard: brings a snowstorm to a target area, dealing light damage and slowing enemy units in the radius. up to two target champions in the radius after the end of the slow are snared and take additional damage (2s small[as in about the size of an inhibitor] AOE slow; effect dissipates immediately after leaving the area. snare only affects those in the radius AFTER the slow ends and if more than two targets are in the area, it will pick the snare based on the closeness to the center of the radius.)
Spell lock: silences target enemy and does medium damage
Battle Magics: passive: gives bonus armor and magic resist to Avarel, and gives half the bonus to nearby friendly champions.
active: launches a skillshot that passes through nearby enemy units, dealing more damage for each unit it passes through. (about the range of ezreal's w ability) this will turn the passive effect off for the cooldown duration
Winds of Change: Starts a tornado at target location that lasts for 7 seconds. Once casted, the tornado can be moved (like viktor's ulti) slowly around the map. Enemy champions hit by the twister are knocked away from the side of the tornado. the tornado also does damage over time to enemy champions close to it, but the knockback can only affect each champion once.
(what i'm trying for is an ability that allows you to push enemys to you or away from you based on where the spell is cast or moves to, as well as a kind of moving barrier-like effect for escapes or easy kills, while still being able to work in a sustained team fight. the radius of the twister is gonna be about the same as Blizzard, but slightly mobile and effective for placing enemies where you want them)

Basically, i want him to kind of work like leona, but with a more diverse lineup of interrupts that can be used in several different ways based on what you're up against.

Build and tactics: Aravel would scale with Ability Power, but would fit the role of an AP support tank (Ex: nautilus or taric) best. Using the arsenal of cc to keep them close for Aravel's passive would be the most effective method to damage enemy champions, but it's fairly risky and would put you in range of pretty much anything in the game. Another (safer) way to play is to use the active of battle magics to poke at the enemy team, being sure to hit as many units as possible between them and you; however, it drops your armor and magic resist, and leave you more vulnerable to ganks, champions like varus who can hit from long ranges, and overall damage. Really, What it amounts to would be a champion that initiates fights for his team at a great deal of risk to himself, but who can also be a bit more effective for the dull moments where the two teams kind of just walk around and glare at each other in the mid lane until the one kamikaze carry moves too close, so build and play accordingly if this champion ever manages to end up in his own champion spotlight.
reyndria
<Member>
reyndria's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 10:33pm | Report
and i realize there isn't any lore or ideas of how the champion should look or anything yet. i will edit these in later. i had to cut this short because i want to play leona now that i talked about her. >.>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide