Pantheon Build Guide by thegrubster
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello. I'm John and this guide is really designed so I remember what I need. If you want any more information just let me know. And thanks for taking the time to read this guide. Pantheon takes a little to get used to. I like to play 3 v 3 to get better with the character.
[See the Spells section on when to use them. They are typically recharging so you won't use them in most fights]
Early game: keep your distance and use q to beat down your opponent. Attack minions to get your shield then switch to last hitting minions.
Middle game: use q then w then q again. Don't waste your time trying to use heart seeker until it's almost fully charged because the damage is lower than just using q again.
Late game: use q then w then typically q again. Then use your heart seeker.
Alternate Skill Sequence If you are using Grand Skyfall then start with r, while in the air, use w. Then move to q. Finally use e (if late game enough).
Running Away: When you run away don't forget you can use w on the opponent to stop them, then run away some more. You can also use Grand Skyfall to get out of there!
Chasing: You have quite an arsenal. You have w (Aegis), Exhaust, Ignite and Grand Skyfall.
Grand Skyfall: This is a great Ultimate. One thing I want to mention is while you are in the air you can use w. Then when you land you will immediately jump to the enemy. Follow up with you q and they will be close to dead already.
Here are the ways it should be used:
1. You can use it to flee from a situation
2: Get ahead of someone running away from you
3. When you are in a situation where you have team mates with you and you are in a stare down, use this tool to strike right behind the enemy, then they need to eat your Grand Skyfall or push into your teammates
4. When a teammate is running away you can hit the enemy.
5. If someone calls for help you can jump over to them. (Place it in a way that the enemy will back away from your team mate and you can save his life.
6. DO NOT use it to start a team fight. You will die quickly. You are not a tank.
Fighting minions: Don't use all of your mana using Heart seeker early game. Late game it can kill minions easily.
Boots: I change them based on the game. If you have issues with magic users the get Mercury's. If they are strong in AD, then go with Ninja's.
Tiamat: Once you have the Tiamat you will have strong damage and shouldn't have many issues with opponents. The splash damage makes killing minions fast. The build can get expensive so you need to kill the minions quickly.
Blood Thirster Make sure to charge this. When you die, recharge. It is charged quickly because of the Tiamat. This is an essential piece of the build.
Black Cleaver I like this item to reduce the opponents armor. By the time this item is bought it is probably mid/late game and you may want to purchase something that will help against a particular opponent. Example: The enemy tank has low damage and can be ignored but they have someone else that is stunning you, you may want to change this out.
Infinity: I almost never get this item because the game is over. You may want to skip the Black Cleaver and go right for this. Or you may consider purchasing another Blood Thirster.
Missing You may notice I don't use health items. Pantheon is plenty strong. In 1v1 by the time they are un-stunned they will want to run away. Just don't let them attack you.
Things to remember:
1. You are not a tank
2. You need lots of money, keep killing things.
3. When in a stare down keep using Spear Shot then running back. In team fights, I will bring down an enemy down to half HP. I will still not full on attack. You are not a tank. You will die.
4. Although it is a damage build the key are the abilities. Continue to stun and throw the spear
5. Keep you shield charged.
6. You can take 0 damage from a turret attack as long as you have you shield.