Anivia Build Guide by AzureNinjaIV
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey everyone this is my first build that i'm going through such lengths to discuss and explain why I use certain items and masteries. I hope you enjoy this build. Anivia was one of my first main mage champions that I liked. I still play her from time to time she's a lot of fun. As a heads up, I am still working on this build so it will be updated fairly often. With more explanations and in depth detailing of this build. Please take your time to read up on my guide. Thank you for your cooperation. As always feel free to comment, vote up or down my guide. Feel free to trash on my guide if you're a hater. Just shows me some love.
At times I can be Lazy and this is one of them.
* I take 9 Great Marks of Insight. (Magic Penetration)
* 6 Greater Seal of Resilience and 3 Greater Seal of Replenishment.
Reason Why I sort of mixed it up is. Anivia's passive is weak until late game. The early extra armor increase helps with survival (Or if you go against a AD Mid) and gives mana regeneration to help stay in lane longer.
* 9 Greater Glyph of Warding. Extra defense against your Enemy AP Cary is never a bad thing.
* 3 Greater Quintessence of Potency. Makes up for some missing AP from runes you aren't you using.
Flash: Good Escape or Chase tool.
Ghost: If you're not facing heavy CC ghost is better for escaping or chasing enemies.
Ignite: Pretty standard AP Mid Spell that's used.
Exhaust: Can be used offensively or defensively.
The reason why I didn't list any items in my build is pretty simple. Personally no matter what champion I play I build based on the situation [excluding my support champions]. I do still grab the basic main AP items like Rabadon's and such. If I were to list all the items I build the list would be too confusing for those of you who skim through guides. Take the time to read up on guides. You will learn some new tips and tricks for some champions.
* Sapphire Crystal or Meki's Pendant and 2 Potions
* Boots of Speed and 3 Potions
* If you started Sapphire Crystal you can build into a Tear of the Goddess or into a Catalyst The Protector. If you have enough left over after one of those grab some boots.
* If you chose to start with Meki's Pendant you can build into once again tear of the Goddess or into Chalice of Harmony. Grab some boots if you have enough left over.
* Started off with boots? Grab early Sorcerer's Shoes for the SP, Mercury Treads if you're facing heavy CC, or Swiftness if you like to speed up them slow champs like Anivia. Any gold left over after one of these boots grab one of the other Starting Items!
* Another item to think about is Doran's Ring if you're struggling in lane.
* Regardless of the fact you have Tear of the Goddess you want to try to keep it as that and start building stuff like Rabadon's Deathcap, or Catalyst the Protector.
* If you rushed Catalyst turn that into a Rod of Ages. RoA gives a squishy caster some HP and MP for survival. Plus it feeds into that tear if you decided to go with both of those. Since you're still leveling too that "upon leveling" effect is still useful to you.
* Got that early Chalice or Boots? No problem. Turn that Chalice into the new item Athene's Unholy Grail. Rushed them boots better start building damage like Blasting Wand.
* Got some good farm with some early kills you should be picking up Needlessly Large Rod, Blasting Wand, (If you didn't grab one of these yet) Tear of the Goddess, Chalice of Harmony,Catalyst the Protector.
* Your standard items for late game that doesn't care about your enemies team cause no matter what you want these items is: Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Rod of Ages.
* The boots of your choice depending on the team your facing.
* Either Athene's Unholy Grail or Archangel's Staff.
* And one of these items to help you live or kill in Team Fights. Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter, Banshee's Veil, Guardian's Angel(Odd item on Anivia but still useful stacks with her passive), Will of the Ancient's, Rylai's Crystal Scepter or Lich Bane.