Shaco Build Guide by Refridger8or
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, this is my guide to create a more or less successful Shaco AP guide utilising his JiTB (Jack in the Box) and his Two-Shiv Poison to take out enemies. I don't recommend using this Shaco build in the middle lane because his JiTBs aren't as effective.
I set my masteries to a basic 9-0-21 giving me cool down reduction, ability power, magic penetration and mana regeneration.
Summoner Spells (S.S.)
For my S.S. , I chose to use Exhaust and Ignite due to the fact the Shaco can teleport/flash FREELY (approx. 10 sec cooldown) and in addition, his teleport/flash stealth's for a short period.
Some optional S.S. :
- Ghost (If you choose ghost, it's recommended that you activate it then Deceive for maximum effect)
Other S.S. aren't recommended but if you're capable of playing with them, then go for it but Exhaust is a must.
The goal of my build is to have
- Reduced cooldown time
- Mana & Mana Regen.
- High AP
- Magic penetration
Note: If you feel to vulnerable to attacks, you can switch the either of the Rabadon's Deathcap or with Morello's Evil Tome with the Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Also note that the Deathfire Grasp has a very useful UNIQUE ACTIVE.
Like most people including myself, you will not have enough IP to afford all the runes, unless you used RP to buy champs, or if you're just in to the game.
Pros / Cons
- High damage output
- Fear and Slow
- Deceive(Another version of Flash)
- Ability to take out carries easily
- JiTB can be used as wards (Be sure they don't activate when enemies pass)
- Your JiTBs may be easily avoided (you may also plant the JiTB in battle (One is often enough!)
- Your JiTBs may attack nearby minions if they're too close
- Use you JiTBs as 90 secs vision wards (Be sure they don't activate when enemy units approach)
- If you think there's something lurking in the brushes, send a JiTB in there
- Deceive is your way out so don't waste it because the dool down time is long enough for you to die a few times
- Use you Two-Shiv Poison to slow enemies down if you choose to get Rylai's Crystal Scepter it'll be more effective
Usually you might want to have a few of you team mates to support in case your traps don't kill them or if they can survive your JiTB(s) (Don't worry most of the time, you'll get the kill). You might also need them to lure the enemy to your traps.
How To Kill
You want to...
- Have a few JiTBs (3-4) pre setted in the brush (You could always improvise in mid-fight by placing some around)
- Exhaust the enemy a bit before they enter the kill zone (If your in mid-fight exhaust when the JiTB starts attacking)
- Unleash your ultimate while the enemy's feared (The main damage in your ultimate is the explosion cause when your clone dies)
- Save your SHIV and your DECEIVE in case the enemy starts to run
- Ignite/Deathfire Grasp(UNIQUE ACTIVE) if necessary
Note that the Deathfire Grasp deals 30% of the target's current health (Min. 200 damage) so it's best to use it during the start of the battle.
Basically, the goal of my skill sequence is to max out JiTB first, Two-Poison Shive second, and Deceive last (Also acquiring the ultimate ASAP). If you feel too easily killed or unable to escape at LV 4, get Deceive at LV 2-3.
To end this guide I'll give you a quick summary of everything:
- Stack JiTB beforehand (You could place them in mid-battle)
- The main power of your ultimate is in the explosion
- Use the passive of the Deathfire Grasp
- GetRylai's Crystal Scepter instead of the Rabadon's Deathcap or Morello's Evil Tome
- Side lanes