Build Guide by Elaborate
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
By: Elaborate (Zeelot)
I hate guides where they give everything that is already provided within the LoL interface. Abilities, Lore, etc. I see it as useless, and therefore exclude all of that junk and get straight to the guide.
The wonderful thing about AP Chog is, while having immense health and tank like capabilities, you can still manage to disable entire teams and deal massive amounts of Magic damage. It's almost unfair :3
Masteries , Summoner Spells and Runes
- I love Archaic Knowledge, as it provides such wonderful Spell Pen.
- Then I go straight down utility, Mana regen, Cooldown reduction, etc.
Whatever provides benefit towards Chog's mage-like capabilities.
- I also get the masteries supporting my Summoner Spells, such asor.
- If you prefer,orthen go for it,
they work really well too.
- I personally prefer Teleport for quick shop stops and getting back in my
lane almost immediately and Flash for a nasty FLASHFEAST combo.
- As runes go, it's definitely a preference. As Marks, I always go Magic Pen.
Then Seals, Glyphs and Quins could be any combination of AP, Mana, Cd and etc.
Items, Items, Items
- I almost always start out withand.
- Farm until you have enough for athen immediately blue pill back,
then Teleport directly back into my lane. In and out, like you never left.
- Depending on how well you're doing, you want to go foror. I almost ALWAYS go for mercury treads. Just because it reduces stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps and immobilizes by 35% These numbers are too good to pass up the majority of the time. This is excellently defensive, and is definitely my favorite. If you're having ZERO problems surviving, go ahead and snag the Sorc. Boots
- It's always great to haveThey provide sight within the woods so you can anticipate possible
ganks. We all know that individuals forgets to call MIA :3 Also, If you suspect
other vision wards, go ahead and buy an oracle
- Now, it's very important to getASAP. The sooner the better, due to its passive.
- At this point you should have some sort of secondary boots and RoA. After these two, you can go after any major AP item depending on preference. I usually go for the item sequence at the top of the page.
are all excellent choices as well.
- Laning with a partner is great. Make sure it's someone who can help harass and support you in some way. Most heroes work well with Chog
- LAST HITTING IS SO IMPORTANT! You don't even know. Last hitting is key! Practice all day, every day! Cho'Gaths passive allows him to survive in a lane for prolonged amounts of time.
- When soloing, last hitting is even MORE important.
- Make sure to anticipating Rupture properly. Don't be afraid to initiate team fights with a nice impaling or silencing.
- Staying at 6 stacks of Feast helps a lot with your survivability. Don't be afraid to waste your Feast on little creeps or minions just so you can stay capped.
- Golem buff is super cool. Mad mana regen and CD reduction is always a plus.
- You'll feel pretty great when you 3 shot an end game squishy carry. Also, you'll be rockin 1k feasts end game.
- Personally, I hate snowball items. This is just me. But if you feel confident with aorgo for it. I just DON'T like them.
This is my first guide so feedback and some nice critiquing would be cool.
I'll update it with some in game pictures and such in the near future.By: Elaborate(Zeelot)