Shaco Build Guide by TSxClouds
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
AP Cooldown Shaco
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Notes (READ THIS)
I personally think AP shaco is better than AD. Most people would object but if you watch an AD VS AP on youtube you'd see AP owns. I do come across people who say they think AD is better since they just merely didn't like AP. That reason is 100% because they don't build AP COOLDOWN. Also if you look in the item build notes you'll notice that some of the items are actually mimicking the recommended AD build in an AP way, such as Twin Shadows. One thing I do have to say though is - AD is better for genking, AP will have to scurry a bit.
HOW TO USE AP SHACO
Alright, remember to read the item build notes to for more information on how to use AP Shaco but heres more.
1. Don't poorly use your clone throughout either the beginning or the whole game. The enemy will notice your style of the clone and will ignore him if you use him either too much or sloppily.
2. THE ULT COMBO - If you're in danger and teleporting, isn't enough. Teleport and then use your Ult. It won't make you reappear, but it does take some time to summon your ult, so find a bush quickly after you use it.
3. Sometimes you will be tempted to back to kill an enemy with your daggers who is almost dead but is near your clone. If its too risky, just send your clone to the enemy, she'll fight it and then the clone will explode, and will kill her. Problem solved.
4. If you used your clone at the wrong time and there is an enemy in its presence that is just farming. Have the clone farm also, BUT DON'T LET IT DIE IN FRONT OF HIM (especially early game). Send it to a bush to explode, so he doesn't notice it.
5. Throughout the rest of the tips that include improvising a lot, use the ult. The rest of the tips won't include ult usage, so just add the ult tips to your knowledge to advance the rest of the tips.
1. Top lane is recommended. You can mid if you have to. Bot wouldn't be wrong since you are sort of a CC (crowd control support) champ - with your fear and slow and all.
2. Max your W, then E, then Q.
3. Use your Jack in the Boxes as mini wards in bushes in the beginning. Don't forget to replace them or add more in case you're looking for an early kill.
4. [NOT A TIP] Once you get the hang of this build and AP type after a couple games, you won't even need your junglers help, even if you get ganked.
5. Heal is necessary since you are a squishy champion. DON'T give shaco any tank items or mix/cross Tank items, it will just set him back.
MID & LATE GAME
1. Your cooldown will allow you lay down many jack in the boxes. Do it. Also depending what level you are, your mana regen will vary, so monitor your mana while you lay down turrets if its closer to early game so you don't die by having no mana left. It will get better though.
2. Sell your Doran's Ring when you don't need the extra mana regen or it's taking up space.
3. Genking won't be hard since your Q allows you to teleport and be invisible. Take advantage of that.
4. MOST IMPORTANT - GO IN THE JUNGLE....... ALONE!!!!!!
5. GO IN THE JUNGLE ALONE - Alright - As the game progresses you could actually take on the whole team in a jungle alone if you had to and still get away.
SCENARIO 1: [Your team get semi-aced, your the last one left, fleeting] - What to do - Run into the jungle, pass through some space in their where you have previously set up turrets, Q through walls, and once in awhile throw a dagger at an enemy but don't get pulled into their group. Keep running, possibly in circles and laying down turrets and teleporting through walls. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO USE YOUR TWIN SHADOWS. Once you know its time just get back to base. You might have gotten a kill or two.
SCENARIO 2: [You spot one or two enemies in a jungle alone] Pursue the jungle. AS I SAID EARLIER ABOUT GOING IN ALONE, DON'T LET YOUR TEAMMATES FOLLOW YOU INTO A JUNGLE. Here's why - you are Shaco. Shaco is extremely squishy. the enemy will absolutely think they'll be able to take you on. If a teammate shows up he'll scare them, especially if he's a tank. Your teammate also will probably will give away your position and attract more enemies. AND because your AP Shaco, you can handle more than 2 enemies.
- What to do - Alight - Go in their, prey they pass by your previously placed Jack in the Boxes, swoop in, throw a dagger at them. If they are at low enough health use your Q to teleport and do increased damage. But you might need it to escape. If you are unsuccessful and they are chasing you, use the tactics from Scenario 1 and WHA LA! you got more kills.
6. You can do Scenario 2 of Tip 5 easily if you are either pass the 1st mid tower engaging the 2nd one easily by attracting the enemy into either jungle, preferably the blue jungle. Or if they are pursuing you 2nd mid tower. Your Shaco. Your Squishy. They think they will be able to kill you. It will work.
1. When you're in their base, or yours. Plant jack in the boxes behind the mini trees and taunt them to go in their.
2. If your endanger teleport through the bases walls to escape.