Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Alright! If you like dropping peoples health bars, having disables, crazy aoe damage and are a fan of large chest bubbles, then you came to the right place!
Clairvoyance: I roll with clairvoyance with most champs I play. But it is especially good with Morgana because you can clairvoyance an area to find targets for Dark Binding, and then snipe them through walls. It is also a good utility for playing mid. If someone calls an MIA, you can clairvoyance the mid bushes and sometimes save yourself.
Clarity: Pretty much self explanatory. Morgana uses tons of mana per spell. Clarity will allow you to stay in mid/your lane. It can also save you if your out of mana and need to bind someone chasing you.
Conducting the Rape Train
Early Game:Start things off with Doran's Ring and a Health or Mana Potion. Starting ability should be Tormented Soil. It is amazing for farming creeps/pushing a lane. Level 2 get Dark Binding. I strongly suggest only using it right before you use your clarity. If you use only Tormented Soil, you won't run out of mana. But if you spam both, you're oom. But! Often try to keep a clear line of fire to your enemy, it's fun to watch them run even if you have no intention of using Dark Binding. Anyway, keep leveling Tormented Soil whenever possible. Level 4 get Black Shield. Black Shield is pretty rape late game (as far as damage reduction goes), but early game it will save you from being stunned/slowed by magic. Use it in emergencies! DON'T FORGET TO CLAIRVOYANCE TO STOP YOURSELF FROM BEING GANKED!!! Level 6, you shouldn't have had to B yet, and should be rich. Buy Soulstealer, get your ult, and kill a *****. Asap. Harass with Tormented Soil to weaken your target, when they are about half, Dark Binding-->Tormented Soil--> Soul Shackles = Dead Champ.
Mid Game:Build those stacks! Assist or Kill, Morgana is good at both. Try to get some help pushing mid tower, because that usually lures the whole team to mid. Focus on those stacks. Your late game needs them! DON'T DIE!! Dark Binding and Black Shield will save you from 'most' situations. Keep leveling Tormented Soil as much as possible (and your ult, of course), and I usually take turns leveling Dark Binding and Black Shield. Since you're getting so many kills/assists, along with massive amounts of creep kills (thanks to Tormented Soil), Get your Mana Manipulator and then rush for Zhonyas Ring. Pro combo that most Morgana players already know; Rush into their team in a team fight-->Tormented Soil--> Soul Shackles (hit as many as possible)--> Zhonyas Ring--> Kills! Get void staff next, because by now their tanks will be building magic resist to counter you.
End Game:OMFG you're fed... 0-1 deaths are good, keep it that way. You really need to have 20 stacks of Soul Stealer. The cool down reduction of that plus the Soul Shroud is pretty amazing. Get Abyssal Scepter last. Your ultimate is close range, so you will benefit from the 20 MR reduction every time you use it. With your magic pen boots/runes/voidstaff/20 mr reduction, who cares what items the tanks have anymore. You kill everyone now. When assault the last towers, clairvoyance past the castle walls and snipe people through walls, and watch bars of health go away.
1. Doran's Ring is just a good starter. Clarity +5mp5 is enough to keep you in your lane as long as you don't Q too much.
2. Finish your soul stealer BEFORE your boots. 90% of games I finish both at the same time, but you NEED soul stealer to get any early game stacks that you can!
3. Sorc boots. Magic Pen = SEX
4. Zhonya's ring ASAP!!! Try to get needlessly large rod first, if you have to b and have money for the blasting wand first, then get that anyway. YOU NEED ZHONYA'S RING!!
5. SO! This is where things can go a couple of ways. I usually get Abyssal Scepter here. The -20 MR to those around you is amazing. It helps your Ult hit like a truck. Plus, having some extra MR for yourself never hurts :)
6. Rylais isn't the best for morg, but again, it helps your ult. Your ult already slows, but now it REALLY slows them. Notice how most of your items are for your ULT, it's because your Ult changes team fights... Instantly.
7. Last item is whatever the **** you want to get really. I get void staff if they are getting lots of MR. If not, Deathfire Grasp is a good alternative. CDR is amazing with 20 stacks of Soul Stealer and Blue buff.