Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
- Amazing farmer
- Can heal and regenerate mana by killing creeps
- Amazing solo laner
- Can hardly die
- Feast is overpowerd nuke
- Got great CC abilities
- Great tanker
- Your Rupture can easily be avoided
- Weak against hit & run champions
- Low damage output when Feast is on cd
- Ghost: Ghost will help you either chase an enemy champion, or will help you get into a team fight quikly or it will allow you to escape from a gank.
- Fortify: When specced into Improved, it will increase the damage you deal to minions, which will make farming for you a bit easier. It's also just a great ability to help out your team or yourself when getting dived. This should alwayas be picked by a tank.
- Cleanse: You can grab this instead of Fortify if you like, just make sure to change 1 masterie point in the defense talent tree.
- Flash: I've seen some Cho's use this to get close enough for Feast, grab this if you are feeling agressive.
- Ignite/exhaust: Grab it if you need that extra burst to kill an enemy champion.
- Clarvoyance: Should be picked by somebody who is specced into it imo, but feel free to take it if nobody else does.
Don't pick these:
- Clarity: You shouldn't have mana problems early game as long as you dont spam your abilities.
- Teleport: Leave this to dps.
- Rally: No, just no.
- Smite: Cho'Gath can jungle, but as a tank this shouldnt be picked.
- Revive: You wont die that much.
- Heal: You will already heal from farming minions, which will be enough.
After all, as a tank, you base what items you pick on the enemy, and on your own team as well. If you already have a different tank, you may want to pick some more dps items.
Mixed enemy team:
Mainly physical enemy team:
Mainly magic damage enemy team:
Chogath as Off-tank (when you already have a main tank):
Got any comments/tips? Feel free to let me know. Thank you for your time.
I hope this guide helped you.