Vayne Build Guide by Cateye
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey again guys! Cateye here with my second build. For the first time since Irelia, a champion I cared enough about to make a build has entered the League, Vayne, The Night Hunter!
Here's a build I've been working on, based on jungling. Enjoy!
Pros / Cons
Here's a contraction of how to play this build:
- Takes out Blue and Red buffs easy as hell
- Enables you to gank like a real stealth champ
- Great on-hit damage (especially every third hit)
- Better range than most ranged champs
- Great utility and escape capacity
- Great backdoor capacity ( can do about 60% from an inhib turret with final build)
- Getting to level 4 in jungle might be tough
- If you get focused in teamfights, CC will destroy you
- Not so high damage unless you can hit the same target 3 times
Now, this is important. (seriously, no kidding xD)
I've been experimenting with the route for a while, this is the best idea I have:
- Start with Wraiths, kill the big one first
- Go to Golems while utilizing a pot
- After Golems, go kill the wolves and then recall
- Be quick, and run back to Wraiths, then Wolves and take Golems last
- When you've done those 6 camps, you should have enough for Razors
- Go kill blue buff, should be easy
- Grind a bit on whatever monsters might spawn, then halfway through level 5 you should recall
- Buy boots, then go kill red buff for the lv up. Now you're ready to gank
- At lv 8/9, you should have both vamps. Get an elixir of fortitude, and pop it to kill dragon.
- After this, just gank and grind however might fit.
TBH, I'm a little uncertain of my runes. But this is what I currently use:
- ArPen marks (highest physical damage output, jungling or not)
- Some Armor to help you with the early jungling, and att speed cuz well... Vayne needs att speed.
- Att speed glyphs (can be swapped for a few MR or whatever you feel like)
- Some flat health is always nice, and the extra ArPen gives the final touch to your base damage.
Some people might say Utility is better for jungling, but Vayne really benefits more from offense in every way. You still get buff duration with 9 points, so it works fine.
And either way, the stealth from Tumble makes flat damage way better.
I spec both Smite and Exhaust, simply because I don't care for CDR.
As with most junglers, start with a Cloth Armor and 5 pots.
Get Razors when you can, and then boots to gank. To be able to kill dragon at lv 8, you will need some life steal. Therefor, get 2 vamp sceptres. You will need a little buff to win it over, so get an elixir if you're doing it at 8. Swiftness are pretty much staple boots for Vayne, because it lets you catch up with pretty much anyone with the ulti active. From there, get Sheen. It's an awesome item for Vayne, espescially if you Tumble and stealth from brush when you gank. One Bloodthirster is also staple, though later on you might want 2, and Trinity force comes next due to its versatility. After that, just get situational carry items like Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge or maybe some survivability if you feel like it.
Obviously, Smite is needed for jungling. Later on you should use it on Baron, Dragon or maybe even super minions if it goes that far. As for exhaust, I choose it because Vayne's ulti + passive is practically a stronger version of Ghost. Exhaust also benefits your allies more.
Some people play Flash on Vayne, and it can be replaced with Exhaust if you like it better.
Vayne is a great champion. Her short stealth can be used for many things, and she's a fiercer chaser than most carries. Jungle or lane, her Condemn skill is a great initiator if you can get the stun, so try to pin them to a wall most of the time.
Feel free to leave comments, I appreciate criticism if it can help me make the guide work better! <(^~^)>