Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
A great build for Morgana focusing on magic regen early and then AP in the mid to late game. Here are my top 10 tips when playing this build.
1. Make sure you level Tormented Soil to level 3 and then use it to farm the back row minions and u should be able to clear them with a single cast of this spell providing they remain on the soil for the full duration. This allows you to farm very affectively early but also lets you utilize your passive Spell Vamp so you can stay in lane for longer.
2. Don't underestimate the range of Dark Binding and its ability to hit your opponents when they are by their turret. In conjunction with Tormented Soil you can often kill bounded enemy champions who don't retreat quite far enough to safety.
3. As soon as you hit level 6 you should be able to initiate on an enemy by hitting them with a basic Dark Binding and Tormented Soil combo, followed by Soul Shackles for a second stun. This has gotten me first blood countless times in mid.
4. I find that with Morgana's ult I do not need to buy oracles as Soul Shackles can be cast on the cloaked champs and in combo with Black Shield I can avoid their burst damage and then when the stun from your ult hits just unload your spells on them and their gank will usual fail. Note that when your ult is on CD you are more vulnerable to such an attack.
5. Use flash to line up your skill shot on enemy champs who think they are safe behind their minions. Note that it can shoot through walls and this makes Morgana a great ganker as you can line up the skill shot from places your opponents may not ever expect.
6. You can push on turrets early game by using Black shield on yourself or your lane partner to get a few hits on the turret before the shield runs out or is busted.
7. Make sure you spell shield either your tanks so they can initiate team fights more safely or on injured champs to assist in their escape.
8. Remember that Tormented Soil will deal damage instantly so don't be afraid to use it to finish of a fleeing enemy.
9. In the mid to late game remember that you are a support champ and your role in team fights is to use your spell shield and hit your skill shot to pick out targets for your carry to pick off.
10. In the late game use Zhonya's Ring with Soul Shackles to ensure you get the second hit with the spell.