Fiddlesticks Build Guide by NGteen
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is my first guide, and one of my first dominating champions I've ever played with. Starting with fiddle you have to understand a few fundamentals of his that for some reason not many people get. He can be OP as ****, if I don't play him I usually ban him because of how much of a pain he is. This guide will help you understand how to rape anyone in any lane from beginning to end.
- Can harass the enemy to the point they don't even want to gain get near the minions
- Is an amazing at being able to stay in his lane for a long time if used correctly
- Awesome at soling (even better if no CC)
- Great early game tank (because of lifesteal)
- Great team player, especially in team fights (spell vamp + ult = \o/)
- Squishy if ganked (fiddle is better when he initiates)
- If you're team isn't doing enough on their part, you can't carry the whole team
- A few champions with burst damage can easily kill him
As shown above, this build works remarkably well.
Item Sequence - The Zhonya's and Deathcap are switchable in their sequence depending on which you need first, I usually go with deathcap first unless they have a lot of cc
The key items I think are most important and shouldn't be changed are Will of Ancients, Rabadon's Deathcap.
- Will of Ancients - Because it gives good ability power as well as spell vamp (helps your life steal and ult a lot)
- Rabadon's Deathcap (any "staplecard" to an AP champion)
- Zhonya's Hourglass - gives some good armor for those nasty AD's as well as helping you with your ultimate + ACTIVE
- Void Staff - Gives you more AP to help Rabadon as well as spell penetration for anyone stacking MR.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Dark wind: bouncces off slowing the enemies. Crow Storm: Slows everyone making it harder for the enemies to leave your ultimate. Drain: If they are running, it keeps them in there longer.
Other items that can be used instead of the recommended (remember, if you need defensive items start switching)
- Frozen Heart - Who wouldn't want the extra cool down reduction to lower the cd of your fear and ultimate. As well as the added armor against AD champions
- Banshee's Veil - If the enemy team has a lot of CC you might want this
- Abyssal Scepter - More lowering of the magic resistance as well as increasing your own. (added with the passive - 10 MR)
- Rod of Ages - I don't normally recommend this because how many other items you could get with better Passives and Actives, but if you have trouble with mana and health get it. (STRONGLY NOT RECOMMENDED)
- Deathfire Grasp - Another cd reduction as well as the active doing great deal of damage towards any tank or enemy with full hp (if used, use it right after your crowstorm on target enemy you want dead first)
- Morello's Evil Tome - For those people who can't keep their mana up and another cd reduction item
-Mejai's Soulstealer - If you know you'll dominate the game, pick this one up before you get hextech
I like to troll with my fiddle by using the dark wind, fear, drain combo. and with my cooldown reduction runes by the time my drain or fear is finished I usually have my fear up and running again for another combo which is why fiddle is such a great 1v1. And then there is the standard Magic pen for red. I don't choose mana per second as my seals but I feel it's recommended for starting fiddles. I usually go AP just for the extra AP in the beginning.
Sequence is one of the most important things with fiddle sticks because if used wrong... You could be an easy target.
Early game I harass with dark wind any possible time there is only the champion and 1-2 minions left I use my Dark wind. Once I get to level 2 I have my drain up, the second the enemy champion tries to harass me , I drain before they do so reducing my damage as well as leaving a mark on the enemy. After level 4 you're ready to be aggressive, I usually stand by their back minions fearing and draining the champion, and if they get close enough I dark wind to get the bounce off bonus. Once level 6 I let the enemy champion see my recall but at a bad spot so I can back a little more (giving the impression I'm not there anymore) I go around to the jungle off to either side, whichever the enemy favors more. Charge my ult, dark wind, fear then drain. (if required I use my ignite, but usually don't need to for this time) Now go get the blue buff (with your jungler's permission, buy an elixir of brilliance - the blue buff + elixir = early game amazing cooldown reduction) every time your ultimate is up go to any lane(even your own) and get ready to ambush with the same skill sequence)
Early game I harass with dark wind any possible time there is only two champions and 1 minion left making it so I get as many hits to them as possible. Once I get to level 2 I have my drain up, the second either one of the enemy champions try to harass me , I drain before they do so reducing my damage as well as leaving a mark on the enemy. After level 4 you're ready to be aggressive, I usually stand by their back minions fearing and draining the champions. Anytime my dark wind is up I use it since they usually stand next to each other backing away . Once level 6 it's time to kill, give the impression you're backing away and start hiding in the bushes until they get close enough (be sure your team mate knows what is about to happen because when fiddle ults, all hell breaks loose) I Charge my ult, dark wind, fear the enemy that has cc (or of your choice) and then drain (Ignite whichever enemy you feel is required to ignite) With the help of your teammate you should have both kills in the bag. Now go get the blue buff (with your jungler's permission, buy an elixir of brilliance - the blue buff + elixir = early game amazing cooldown reduction) every time your ultimate is up go to any lane(even your own) and get ready to ambush with the same skill sequence)
Flash - any great fiddle should have a flash for many purposes ( not in range of ultimate, want to get a last minute fear off and life steal... and even for running away)
Ignite - Just to ensure the kill is yours and lower your enemy's chance of getting their life back
Exhaust - When you use your ultimate or you want to ensure a kill with drain use exhaust to keep them there long enough to take all your damage
Teleport - to have map domination and use your ultimate more effectively [they may think you're at top so you teleport bot without them knowing]
Clarity - For when you need mana (since you will harass a lot)
Cleanse - CC kills a fiddle
Ghost - Chase enemies down with your ultimate
The key to fiddle's crowstorm is timing, the second you have it be ready to use it on wherever you team needs.
If your whole team is pushing a lane, make sure you are in the same lane's jungle or a few steps behind giving the impression you're not there... Enemy team will be so focused on the push they'll forget about you, get in a good spot where they can't see you. Once your team arrives at enemy turret ult in , dark wind, fear , zhonya... your team will do the rest of the work.
Fiddlesticks is an amazing game changer, don't let your team down when you play him. Help out each lane as much as possible, with a fear(CC), a silence ( great against casters), a drain (helps him survive), and a godly ultimate.. he can be one of the biggest trolls if used correctly.
THIS IS MY FIRST BUILD
if you got any tips go ahead and suggest it , I'll take criticism. But this build works very well for me