Jarvan IV Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Feel like trying something a little different with your brand spanking new extending spear ground stomping champion? Jungle Jarvan should be right up your alley.
NOTE: Bit of a learning curve to those who've never done jungle before.
Seen him played as a tank, seen him played as dps, never seen him jungle. With a wonderful passive likeyou can definitely pull out unexpected results with the jungle. This build is Under Construction due to this being the first build I've ever wrote. I'll dive more into details with map routes and videos as well in the near future and will accept all comments and criticisms. If you've played jungle often this guide should be easy for you to pick up and get busy in the Jungle with Jarvan in no time.
Pros / Cons
*Skills have great gank mechanisms.
*Surprisingly fast jungle.
*Awesome team play champ.
The Not So Bad
*Timing of initiations when using this character.
*Learning curve of flag and spear.
I've tried out similar masteries from Warwick and also Jungle Amumu, but these some to work out the best in having the most health to go into a lane and help quickly.
21 on defense to increase all the skill that Jarvan uses directly from the beginning of the game. He also benefits from more HP and attack speed. If you feel there is another way to go about this don't hesitate to let me know what you feel I'm doing wrong here.
9 on utility to get useful speed out of ghost, little bit of mana and hp regen and some more buff duration.
Greater Mark of Alacrity x9
Boosting the utility of Jarvan's E from the start of the game. These were the best runes to go with for a jungle.
Greater Seal of Vitality x9
Building a lifesaving amount of hp for those near moments where you wish you had 175 more HP at the end of the game to get that lifesteal working again and be back to full.
Greater Glyph of Focus x9
Personally I like the cooldown runes for jungle but feel free to swap out for Magic Resist's per level if you like.
Greater Quintessence of Desolation x3
Armor Pen. Q Skill. More Armor pen. Me Like.
This skill sequence is even shaped like his weapon but besides that it works well to maximize jungle damage and increase your champions damage to other players as well.
(Q) Dragon Strike
Just awesome. A decent damage ranged line AOE with armor reduction that combo's with Demacian Standard(E) to create a knock up effect and transport him to his spear.
(W) Golden Aegis
Very nice to AOE slow AND have a shield. Good to grab at level 5.
(E) Demacian Standard
The reason for getting this skill ahead of your (Q) is the extra attack speed and armor that are very useful in the jungle.
Do I really have to tell you to put the point here? lol.
Fast attack + Lifesteal = Heal. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.
Little bit of magic resist and CC reduction. Can't go wrong.
Constantly called out as a bad choice for Jarvan. In this case it helps. Not only will you be able to spam your skills when you don't have blue ( because of mana regen + increase in mana pool ) you'll be able to let your allies have blue in the mid and late game while you also gain attack damage.
In this case where you need to make sure at all times during the match that you will not let your target get away because your team lacks CC or you are taking someone on 1v1. They will not escape you with this item.
The Black Cleaver
Works well with Jarvan's Q by reducing even more armor.
At the very very end of the game.
Creeping / Jungling
Let's get to the meat shall we.(Sorry vegetarians)
1. Grab yourand 5then head over to nearby Wraith camp. Smite large Purple Wraith and head to camp two.
2. Drop (E)flag on top of large wolf. This is where you take advantage of Jarvan's passive and attack each one and continue to change targets. When finished if health too low take pot and head back to camp One.
1. Finish 3 small Wraiths by repeating pattern from wolf camp except line minions up for your (Q)skill as well, continue to switch targets as the passive works them down. Head straight to camp three.
3. Take pot and drop flag on all 3, send them all through the air with your Q and switch attacks on each to kill small golems as well as large. Smite fatty near his death and head to camp 4.
4. Flag and spear up these two chump golems continue to switch attacks between them, finish and head back to base. You should have enough money to buyMadred's razors and a few pots. Head straight to camp 5.
5. Do Lizard camp the same way as others, smite fatty and you should be level 5. This is where i will go into detail more for beginner jungle but if you've jungle before now you have an option. With the one point into your (W)and Lizard Buff you can actually help a lane gank quite easily but if your team is doing well and does not need your help at the moment you can finish getting level 6 at this point by simply clearing the rest of the jungle that re-spawned.
WILL ADD MORE SOON! FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND/OR CRITICIZE!
Don't be afraid to initiate on a squishy but just be careful to not chase out of reason. He can get out of some pretty scary situation with just his (Q) and (E) but can also lose track of the rest of the team if you don't pay attention. Remember (R) can be deactivated to get yourself out of there or you can even leave someone in there with your (Q) and (E). Fun build to try out give it a run and drop some comments below.