Katarina Build Guide by Paradox99
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Introduction
Why Flash/ Exhaust? Personaly I consider Flash beter than Ghost, because it allows you to move through walls and obstacles. Exhaust is the perfect combo with your ultimate, if you Exhaust your enemy and use Death Lotus by him, it will be harder for him to escape it. Some people say Ignite is also a good pick, but your Preparation also has the same effect.
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Pros vs. Cons
- Really versatile
- Multi-Target Ultimate
- Low Cooldowns
- No Mana
- Can't farm really well early-game
- Most obvious target on a teamfight
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Explanations
- [Greater Quint of Potency]: It gives you the ability power for the early-game. It really helps you, giving you some damage with your Shun Po and Bouncing Blades.
- [Greater Mark of Insight]: It gives you magic penetration, and that increases your damage, and it's viable for the entire game.
- [Greater Glyph of Insight]: Same thing as Greater Mark of Magic Penetration.
- [Greater Seal of Potency]: Same thing as Greater Quintessence of Ability Power.
Use it to escape through walls or obstacles. Also can be used to reach an enemy.
Use it to "lock in" an enemy inside Death Lotus range.
Alternative spell that can be used instead of Flash or Exhaust. Use it to reach someone, or run from an enemy.
- Voracity (Passive): Your passive is really good when it comes to teamfights. It allows you to refresh your cooldowns, and that allows you to spam your abilities.
- Bouncing Blade (Q): Mostly used to farm, but can also be used to damage enemies. Has a really nice damage, and bounces between them. Definitly worth using on a teamfight.
- Killer Instincts (W): A trigger ability that has pretty much the same effect as Ignite. The next attack reduces your target Health Regeneration per second. Also it's passive gives you extra damage.
- Shunpo (E): It's very versatile, and gives you a lot of chances to do what you want. You can either use it to escape, or to catch someone, or something. There are a few tricks arround it, and that will be explained ahead.
- Death Lotus (R): An AoE skill, that channels for 3 seconds, throwing 30 daggers over the duration to the 3 closest enemy champions in a nearby area around her. Each enemy champion can be hit by a maximum of 10 daggers. It has various uses, such as damaging everyone on a teamfight, or just to garantee a single kill. Teamfight mechanics will be explained further on.
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Shunpo
- Escape through a minnion or an ally.
- Reach an enemie.
- Kill Steal. (don't abuse it)
Shunpo is frequently used to reach enemies, one trick I've learned over time is to Shunpo on to a minnion, in order to get in range to use Bouncing Blades on the enemie.
Remember, since cooldown is refreshed, because of your passive, Voracity, you can spam it in a teamfight. But let's leave that for later.
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Teamfights
Ok, so, as I mentioned before, Katarina is focused a lot on a teamfights, and unfortunatly is easily countered by any kinda of champion with CC.
- Xin Zhao
And pretty much that has a lot of CC or interrupts, such as a silence.
My advice would be, only join teamfights when they have blown pretty much everything on your team.
When they have used everything, just join the teamfight, use Killer Insticts, then Boucing Blade and Shunpo in, then Death Lotus and possibly kill all of them.
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Extras
Ok, so as it says, I'll add a few Katarina videos in here which are my favorites, hopefully it will make you more enthusiastic about her.
Ok, that just showed you, hopefully, some of the Shunpo uses, also how to engage into a teamfight, or in some cases, just engage and fight by yourself.
Katarina Du Couteau ~ Credits
Guide made by me, Paradox99.
Also with the help of: