Kayle Build Guide by aMOODYswede
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Introduction-Playing This Build
When you build and play Kayle like this, you mainly play support, so dont be ahead of the charge. With this build you will mainly win your lane (depending on your partner), and might get surprisingly fed.
- >Mark of Desolation- it goes well with "Righteous Fury", and will dominate early laning phase
and also late game when people start stacking, its always nice to have a little bit of an edge.
- >Seal of Resilience- armour is nice on all characters, especially Kayle, she benefits early game and you dont need it until you have to buy "Aegis of the Legion", after that you will have more than enough.
- >Glyph of Strength- since Kayle is a hybrid between A.D. and A.P. you will need it, you get enough ability power early game, and with these you will be smacking that needed A.D. and every "Righteous Fury" strike will be a mini nuke early game (i was dealing 1 1/2 bars h.p. every strike 1 game)
- >Quintessence of Potency- this will start you of at 15 A.P. and along with your A.D. "Righteous Strikes" will be mini-nukes, even late game you will be packing that extra punch.
All the masteries compliment the play style and the runes, you get extra A.P. and that makes it 19 at the start, Armour Penetration on 2 masteries and some Magic Penetration, some extra mana and a tad of regen, the movement speed will give you that tiny edge, and the cooldown reduction will benefit late game.
Items and how they help
- >Boots of Swiftness- Without these Kayle cannot move fast enough at any time in the game, she needs the extra movement, alternatively you could use "Boots of Mobility" but you cannot make those crucial getaways.
- >Guinsoo's Rageblade- It is a must have, its passive increases attack speed and A.P. which boosts the power of "righteous fury" and makes it quicker, it also gives decent boosts to A.D. and A.P. and Kayle really benefits.
- >Zeke's Herald- This one helps you and your team, the attack speed and lifesteal in a team fight might get you the competitive edge, also you benefit from the health and the cooldown is
- >Aegis of the Legion- This one will also benefit your team, giving them a decent stat boost and will most likely win a few fights, you also gain a bit more health and amour/magic resist.
- >Trinity Force- This is a late game item and will really help in those fights, the movement speed will help you get away and the passive from "Sheen" will absolutely burst down a chunk of health, with more stat boosts than i can explain, "trinity force" is a must buy for late game.
- >Guardian Angel- If you make it to this item, you will use it purely for the revive, the armour and magic resist help a lot but the revive is to good to overlook late game.
Skill Sequence and the uses
Get "Righteous Fury" first as it will be your primary damage dealer, and max it bye 9.
now "Reckoning" is good and should be gotten second it slows and deals a tiny bit of damage and should be maxed bye 13.
With "Divine Blessing" it increases speed, heals and should be taken at level 4, but maxed at level 18 because it is a utility spell.
"intervention" is a great ult and should be taken at 6, 11 and 16 (naturally) and is greatly utilised bye getting yourself and team mates out of trouble spots, and can also be used to turret dive or safeguard a team mates dive.
Heal- Call me a noob if you must, but heal is one of the best summoner spells in the game, it will save your life and can help you sustain.
Flash- It is the best escape spell, it is better used to run away other than chase kills, if you are kill hungry use "ghost".
Pros / Cons
- It is great early game
- has great team fight ability]
- kind of tanky
- can burst down enemys
- Can be focused fired
- Not good in a 1v1 situation
- relies on your team
- Lots and lots of assists, (so dont complain)
For starters, be aware and always be ready to pop an "Intervention" when necessary, especially when turret diving, "Divine Blessing" is good and will help your team chase down kills.
So you don't get focused and bursted down, stay behind your team, I cant stress that enough, use them as meat-shields but always heal them and make them invulnerable when you can or when is needed, slow enemies with "Reckoning" as well because it slows the enemies and your team may have a kill secured.
The Auras, they are what make you good, with these auras your team will find it hard to lose fights, and it will help you be the ultimate support player.
All in all, it depends on your play style, this build works for me and I wanted to share it, so don't criticize it.
and if you have any suggestions to make it better, please i'm all ears :) <3