Lee Sin Build Guide by Pimzy
Not Updated For Current Season
Lee Sin Build
Not Updated For Current Season
Hi welcome to my Lee Sin build. This build is for the people that want to get in the middle of those team fights and kick some teeth in. I have been experimenting with all the Lee Sin builds on this website, which most of them had to do with being AD and such. My play style just did not seem to fit those builds because I would die in a heart beat. So I decided to try and come up with a build that gives me enough meat on my bones to get in there and do work. This build may not be the highest damage dealing build, but it does have enough to be somewhat of a threat and give you enough time on when and where to use your ultimate.
Lee Sin's Story.
As a young teen, Lee Sin was intent on becoming a summoner. His will and dedication were unmatched by any of his peers, and his skill drew the attention of Reginald Ashram, the League's High Councilor at the time. While studying at the Arcanum Majoris, Lee Sin became frustrated with instruction paced for the other students. He spent his free time researching the nuances of summoning in hopes of graduating sooner. He made amazing advances in his arcane studies, surpassing all other students. By all indications, he would have become one of the League's greatest summoners were it not for one terrible mistake. Too impatient, he attempted to test his ability by summoning a beast from the Plague Jungles. What he summoned instead was a young boy, but not in one piece. He barely had time to look the boy in what was once his face before the jumbled human mass fell lifeless to the floor. A League investigation later revealed that the boy's entire village was obliterated by feedback from the ritual.
Lee Sin's talents were so promising that the League was willing to overlook the incident, but he could never forgive himself. He left the Institute and journeyed to the Shojin Monastery for eternal repentance, swearing never to practice magic again. Years later, hoping to atone for his crime with martyrdom, he set himself ablaze as a protest of the Noxian occupation of Ionia. He remained alive in this state, enduring searing agony for weeks. His actions paved the way for a League match wherein Ionia prevailed, but by the time he was doused, his eyes had been burned completely from their sockets. Hailed as a savior, he was reborn, and his will to act invigorated. He joined the League of Legends to continue his atonement with sweat and blood, a true monk's only possessions.
''The actions of one may sunder the world, but the efforts of many may rebuild it.'' - Lee Sin
Great Damage output
Mainly All AD based Skills
Requires correct placement for ult
Initiating skill can be missed
When it comes to runes I never tell anyone a specific kind they need. My answer to you would be basically anything you want that suits YOUR playing style. I understand people have different playing styles therefore i never say a precise answer. I just threw together a recommended for what you might want to use. Other than that, do what you wish.
Items(Read and Understand)
-Start off with Long Sword for some extra damage to last hit better. This helps you build into a Phage.
- Once you hit about 900 you can make a recall for Phage. If you are doing exceptionally well, then stay in lane until you have enough money to get some boots.
- In my opinion best boots in the game. Lee Sin can be brought down easily with lots of CC, and these boots are what helps you get out of that.
- This is one of my favorite items in the game. Lee Sin already has a nice slow i know, but this will let you chase them down no matter what. It also gives you a nice boost of HP which you need to stay alive. Once you have this item you can start being a little more aggressive.
- Banshees Veil really helps Lee Sin out, as I said he can be brought down quickly with lots of CC. This can be a life saver, and lets you get into that teamfight with ease, and block one of the opponents snares, stuns, etc.
- More HP? Whaaaaa? Yep. What I have realized is having tons of HP really tricks your opponent. It basically scares them. Even if they are to kill you its wasting a lot of their time, and giving your team more time to maneuver and do what they do.
- Not really much to explain on this one. Might as well put that big ball of HP to even better use and turn some into damage. 45 Armor isn't bad either.
Last item Suggestions
For my last item I really don't have much of a favorite. Your last item should be toward game situation. Build to what you think you really need. I'll help you out with the situations and what you MAY pick:
Mainly AD team
Lets get down to the skills..
- Lee Sin projects a discordant wave of sound to reveal his enemies for 3 seconds, dealing physical damage to the first enemy it encounters. If Sonic Wave hits, Lee Sin can cast Resonating Strike for the next 3 seconds.
This skill is a very good initiating skill, and it lets you get the opponent off gaurd. The reason I put one point into this only beginning game is because you only really need it just for the quick teleport. To me the other skills are more important early game to level up than this one. This can be used very well for a final blow because of its 10 percent health missing. Late game this skill dishes out a suprising amount of damage.
- Lee Sin rushes towards a target ally, shielding them both from damage for the next 5 seconds. If a shield is broken, half the energy cost is returned. After using Safeguard, Lee Sin can cast Iron Will for the next 3 seconds.
Safegaurd is your skill to stay in lane better with its active. It gives you natural lifesteal, armor, and spell vamp. The shield isn't the best, and will be pretty weak due to it basing off AP. Laning phase you can use a dandy trick which is to teleport to melee minion and then quickly hit your tempest to harass fellow melee opponents. This can also get you out of sticky situations. Use your minions to your advantage, and teleport to them to get out of harm or to one of your team mates.
-Lee Sin smashes the ground sending out a shockwave that deals magic damage and reveals enemy units hit for 4 seconds. If Tempest hits an enemy, Lee Sin can cast Cripple for the next 3 seconds.
Tempest is your way to shut down those damn Master Yis, Tryndameres, Xins. This reduces their attack speed by 57%. That is a pretty damn good debuff. This is also a good chasing/escaping skill as it also slows them harshly too. Laning phase use this skill to last hit and farm minions efficiently. The damage is pretty good also, and can put a hurt on your opponents. Don't hesitate to use this skill commonly.
-Lee Sin performs a powerful roundhouse kick launching his target back, dealing physical damage to the target and any enemies they collide with. Enemies the target collides with are knocked into the air for a short duration.
I love this skill so much. This ult does a great amount of damage and can interrupt basically the whole team if hit correctly. With this build you should have plenty of time to position this baby. Wait for that Kat to use her ult, or to simply finish off a runner. A great combo for this is to Sonic wave into someone, Use your temptest, and then kick there faces in back to your team. I like to think of it as a Alistar's headbutt on steroids. This can also be used defensively to help you or a team mate get out safely. Do not be afraid to use this. It has a low CD.
How to Play
Early game your going to want to simply focus last hitting. Don't harass too much until you have all of your skills. Once you have acquired all of your skills you can start to harass with a simple combo of-->and if you get into troubleto a minion or team mate. You may be able to easily get away though due to how quickly its executed and will probably catch most players off gaurd. If your having a hard time farming due to harassment Turtle your turret orto a melee minion and thenquickly and back off.
Mid Game you should have atleast a Frozen Mallet and boots and a start of Banshees. Continue farming away if no team fights have occured yet. If there are lots of Mia's constantly, then go and jungle. Lee Sin is a very exceptional jungler, and can easily make it be done.
When Jungling, or farming in general, be sure to use his passive efficiently. Be sure to use one ability, passive, then repeat. So in other words:, 2 hits,, 2 hits, then repeat with the rest of skills.
If team fights are occuring, do not be the initiator nor bater. You are still squishy and can easily be taken out of the game. If they have enemies such as kat that have channeling and deadly ults, be sure to use your ult to counter it. Try to line it up to hit all of the opponents also.
Late game you become exceptionally beefy, and can start taking a nice amount of damage. You should range around 4-5k Health, and be able to hurt their carrys and nukers pretty well. dont be afraid to initiate a 3v3 or small teamfight. For a full teamfight let your tank do his job. Come in second or last and be sure to use your ult very well and SMARTLY. Come in with aand theninto the core of the teamfight. Try to have their DPS champs get into the aura of your debuff. After that strategically use your ultimate, or if your in a rush just simply pick someone and hit them back into your carries, nukers.
The Order When teamfights are initiating, be the second one to jump in there. Let your tank be the first as usual. This will have all the opponents where they should be lined up. Shield in on your tank, Blast an aoe and position your ult for your carries to successfully kill. If you lack a tank you should be the first to initiate, being you have one of the best team initiating ults.
Zoning If i enemy runs in to be late on the team fight zone him out with your ultimate by kicking him back. Do this if your team caught an enemy out alone. While your team is working on taking down the target, scout ahead for the rest of the team running in, and ult all of them. This should give your team time to take out the opponent, leaving it a 4v5.
Suprise Shot A lot of the time there will be a moment where its a stalemate between each team. Take advantage of this moment by sneaking around, and taking the enemy by suprise. Quicklyone of your enemies and teleport to them. You then want to ult and kick back one of the enemies to your team, and then quicklyto an ally. If done correctly and quickly, you'll have one of their team mates gobbled up, and turn it into a 4v5.(Don't kick in their tank)
Troubling Champions and How to Face Them.
- During the laning phase she wont be too much of a threat until she gets her ultimate. Her harrassing won't be too hard to handle because its just not that strong. When she pops her Twilight Shroud your going to want to make it completely worthless. Tempest right in the center of her shroud, and make it for your whole team to see. You need to be the disabler of her famous juking skills. It shouldn't be hard to get in the shroud and perform this with the large amount of health you have.
- Alistar is a tough champion for you to face in the laning phase, due to how close you need to get to him to do damage. Take a read from the Alistar by performing your Safegaurd Tempest combo and see how alert he is. If he isn't too alert take advantage of it. If he is very alert there isn't much you can do. Play defensively and smart. Wait for him to waste his stun and take out the carry behind him. NEVER kick this goon into your team for his ult will make yours useless. Only use your ult on him defensively if he comes barreling in like a mad man for your team.
- Anivia's Stun can take you out pretty hard, paired with her nicely done nuke, and her ult. Laning phase you can easily dodge this combo by safegaurding, and sonic waving efficiently. Harass her more than she harasses you and you should be able to dominate.
- Annie is known for her bear tibbers, and she is an excellent farmer/harasser during the laning phase. She is exceptionally squishy though so with a team mate you should be able to take her down easily if you focus her. Don't take her on 1v1 until you atleast have your HP pumped up.
- Ashe mainly is built Crit, and has tons of attack speed behind her. Your temptest/cripple can really change things around, slowing her attack speed by 57%. She does not cope well with harassment either, so keep her hit hard and you should be able to take her down quickly. If you can try juking with a safegaurd for her ult, and making it useless. She would be an exceptional target for your ult to kick back.
- Evelynn bases off stealth, and you are the counter of that. When you feel Eve is around always spam tempest, and randomly fling your sonic waves in random directions. This could be a result in winning/losing team fights.
- Karthus is known to charge into team fights, and purposely die and just lay there spamming all of his spells. Something you can do to help out your carries and the team is to kick that karthus back, and take him on your own. Spam your abilites on him well and he will probably back. Another neat trick to do in the jungle is to kick him over a wall, sonic wave, and take him on your own in the jungle.
- Most annoying OP champ in the game in my opinion. Get him out of team fights as soon as possible. Kick his *** over a wall if you can or just back as far as you can. Keep your ignite on him and slow him with cripple. This should give your team time to successfully take out his carries.
- Tryndameres are hard for any champion. Do your best to keep him off your carries and slow his attack speed down like crazy as he ults to make it almost useless.
Nukers to focus
Some opponents may have a channeling ult that can extremely hurt your team in team fights and such. Your ult can disable the whole team if performed correctly. Now if you have a sion that has a simple click stun, then have him focus them, and you focus the rest of the team. Here are some nukers you should really focus down:
Jungle Fights- Fighting team fights in the jungle is wonders for Lee Sin. Having the capability to take an opponent out of the fight can help alot, especially if its the tank. Lee Sin also has the mobility to chase out of the jungle and then quickly get back into the fight with his Sonic Wave. If you able to fight in the jungle do it. If the opponent does not get kicked over the wall they seem to get a short duration stun.
Iron Will - I always stick around in a lane if i have only about 200 health. Your iron will has a very short cooldown, and it gives you natural life steal. Try sticking around and get your HP back up quickly with it.
Dragon's Rage/ Sonic Wave duo - When performing Dragon's Rage, right before using it use your Sonic Wave on the opponent. This allows you too succesfully kick the opponent back, and then hitting your sonic wave a second time will allow you to jump right back on them.
I hope you took the time to actually read my guide, and enjoyed my idea on how to build Lee Sin. Please leave a comment, and I am widely open to any suggestions and tips. I still have more photos, videos, and different varieties of builds to come. Peace!
Special thanks to Wiki for having the gif animations available. Here's the link to the website. They obviously put lots of effort in their work. Give them some support.
Updates and News
What to do against certain champions added. 4/24
What nukers to focus Added 4/24
No Updates or nerfs on Lee Sin as of now(4/24)
Added Tips, and Teamfights section. 4/25
Quickly fixed mastery mess up. 5/4
Fixed Another Mastery change. Credit to Quanticlol.
Removed Banshees Veil and replaced with a phantom dancer. 8/3
JUNGLE BUILD AND SECTION COMING SOON