Fiddlesticks Build Guide by kaveman
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
WTF is this build?
This build is not meant as a epeen pwn'mobile, but a player level 11 or lower, Fiddlesticks build.
I've found that, in most NPC matches (I haven't got to PvP yet):
I cannot reach my target items as they are too expensive.
The builds are for uber-pro L33t players, and do not 100% relate to sub lvl 12 (Flash) players.
I favor Fiddle's Drain ability over all else, allowing me to keep in the game a lot longer.
The above allows me to hold my own against 2 NPC heroes in a 1v2 due to build being heavy on health re-gen.
I consistently get a good number of Hero kills.
As this is my 1st build posting please feel free to comment, if you are going to flame please at least add something to the comment that's of value / helps me understand builds, items, etc. better.
...and remember I am not l33t lvl yet, so don't suggest Flash, uber runes, etc. as they cannot be used at mid-lvl.
So my choice of items ...
This is down to speed that I can get into items and seeing that I can not get to a lot of the higher cost items till the final moments of the game when there is the choice of heading back and possibly loosing kills / missing out on the fun or staying but being a little under powered.
- This seems to work well for starting as Fiddle due to it's increased AP (Ability Power), this gives me more initial boom and helps to lvl the Hero up quickly.
Boots of Speed
- Um .. for speed, and to later build the Sorcerer's Shoes
- The 1st item that gives a reasonable AP increase, also buffs mana per sec, reduces cool downs and builds into Morello's Evil Tome
- Additional speed (a must have to at least stay at distance), but also the additional 20 magic penetration so other heroes hopefully take more damage
Morello's Evil Tome
- Reduces cooldown / AP / Mana regen
Will of the Ancients
- As I understand it gives me an additional 80 AP (50 + 30 for nearby heroes), helps out other heroes nearby (+30 AP) and gives increased 25% spell vamp - I'm not 100% sure but think this either gives ME more health returned from Drain or / and damages enemies by an additional 25%
- AP, gives 57 Magic resist, an decrease of another 20 magic resist to nearby enemy heroes ... from what I've read this stacks with the magic penetration through some funky math
- If I can get to this item it's a HUGE AP boost to Fiddle (+140 AP, with an additional +30% AP), I begin building this from the items as soon as I can but do not always reach this item.
I favor staying in the fight, so for 1st skill I always get Dark Wind to help get me up to lvl 2 quick through the multiple hits, then I go to my bread and butter skill DRAIN.
I always get Terrify on lvl 3, so I can hit E > Q > W, or Q > W to push them away for a second uncontrollable then W for Drain and get a second of free health.
I tend to lvl up Drain the quickest as it keeps me in the fight and hurts opponents at the same time, I love that you can complete a Drain and it's pretty much ready to go again straight away.
Drain is also great for Jungling and getting the $$ and XP up quick if you've been forced out the fight - this has happened before to me and I've caught up and over taken opponents lvl.
I'll grab my ULT at lvl 6 and use it for ganks, but I personally don't like the warm up period too much.
I don't have FLASH yet ... this is a build for anyone who hasn't reached the dizzing heights of lvl 12.
I like Ignite to add damage over time (DOT for anyone who doesn't know if) to enemies that I can't quite finish off .. sometime I'll hit it 1st (I know, it's not meant for this) and then Q > W so they are already burning before they have time to run.
Teleport is just great at pre-lvl 12 to jump around the map and get back into the fight if you've gone back to buy something or were killed.
Simple ... Mana Regen.
Fiddlesticks needs mana, at least the way I play him, and this helps out.