Lux Build Guide by DeathDefyer
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
// Welcome to my Lux guide on MOBAfire. I hope you find everything you're looking for and I ask that you leave a comment below if you see something missing. Thank you for joining me in my guide about Lux. In this guide you will learn the basics of laning and team fighting. As well as, which Runes to buy, basic Items to purchase, when to Join a team fight...and WHEN TO RETREAT FROM A TEAM FIGHT. Without further ado, I bring you...
//The below video IS NOT ME, I thank iAM Quadra Kill for the fantastic pentakill. This is just showing what you can do with this AMAZING Champion.
// That video is just the beginnings of what Lux is capable of doing. This guide is to help you reach your potential as this Champion and increase your Kill/Death ratio DRAMATICALLY. Onwards and forwards!
// Firstly, I like to thank JhoiJhoi for the FANTASTIC template and guide to making guides. Wouldn't be able to make a guide this Beautiful without you :)
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
+ // Great Range
+ // Strong Support
+ // Fires a Rainbow LaZoR Finales Funkeln
+ // Has two CC's and a Shield
+ // Great Team Fighter
+ // Isn't a creepy AP caster *cough* Annie
- // Squishy
- // Target of Assassinations
- // Glass Cannon
- // Need's a Tanky champion near her late game for best survival
// The first part of the Mastery tree is aimed at Maximum damage output throughout the whole game. The second tree is for her Mana Problems. Lux has mana problems throughtout the whole game. Check the Laning and Teamfighting sections of the guide for tips on mana conservation.
- Greater Runes of Potency: // The Flat AP runes are what drives Lux to greater heights early game. The 34.38 AP bonus that these runes give is equivalent to the ability power you would get from two Doran's Ring's early on in the game. Now add that AP to the first item you would buy. It's a recipe for ultimate harass capability while soloing mid.
Flash: Overall great spell on almost every champion. Use to create/close a gap, to dodge an Ultimate, or even get over walls! If your summoner level is below 12, take Ghost instead.
Teleport: Great map control spell. Use to jump in behind an enemy Champion and surround them for a successful gank or jump to a tower in peril. Almost a variation of Flash with a cast time. My personal pick of the summoner spells for Lux.
Ignite: The summoner spell for AP carries. For most people who play Lux, this spell is a MUST HAVE; however, I personally think that her range can simply pick off those fleeing enemy champs when a Flash Ignite can't. Yet this is still an extremely viable spell choice.
- Illumination: // After every ability you hit, the target/s that were damaged shine with light. If you auto attack those targets, the light, in a sense, explodes within the victim to deal magic damage equal to 10+10x your level. This is almost like a miniature Lich Bane to start the game with. In short, after each ability cast and hit BE SURE to *pop* those targets with an auto attack for maximum damage.
- Light Binding (Q): // This is the set up to a proper gank and Ultimate. Stop them for a 95% chance to hit with your ultimate. (Other 5% caused by unknown entities.) Does a good amount of damage on top of Illumination and Lich Bane. Pick up this ability at level 2 for early ganking capability and good harass. Level up last.
- Prismatic Barrier (W): // Used for survivability and supporting your team. This ability will help you survive ganks, take less damage during team fights, and save others when they have low health. Keep in mind, it not only shields the target when it hits on the way out, but it also shields on the way back. Ideally, this ability will shield twice when you are getting burst damaged by opponents like Katarina or Veigar. Get this ability at level 4 and proceed to level up 2nd.
- Lucent Singularity (E): // The bread and butter of this Champion. This is your main harass ability, farming tool and crowd control. BEWARE, this ability costs a lot of mana early game! DO NOT SPAM! Use this skill early game when an enemy champion is close enough to activate this ability and hit creeps in the process. This will make it worth it's mana cost and cause your opponent/s to back away from the fight. Get at level 1. Level up 1st.
- Finales Funkeln Finales Funkeln (R): // The ability that enemy Champions fear. It has a ridiculously low cooldown of 40 seconds without CDR but with this build it has an approximate 28 second CD. Does MASSIVE amounts of damage, has a GODLY CD time, and a RANGE that will pick off a fleeing Ahri, Kassadin or Master Yi. Get at lvl 6. Level up whenever available.
// Firstly, fire your E ability to slow the enemy down. Next, shoot off your Q ability while they're slowed for a better chance to hit. Auto attack once. Now that they're stuck, hit them with your R ability, then QUICKLY hit E again to activate your Lucent Singularity. Auto attack. Dead. If not, they are wasting time to run back to their base. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Go help someone else, or go back to base and Teleport to a tower in need.
: // The reasoning behind switching from Sorcerer's Shoes to these during late game is that once Void Staff is purchased, you have all the Magic Penetration you need for the rest of the match. These boots decrease your CD for your ult which in turn increases your effectiveness in battle. Sorcerer's Shoes increase your early game play potential, while Ionian Boots of Lucidity increase your utility in a team fight late game.
: // I choose Mejai's Soulstealer because of it's top 160 ability power boost and 15% cooldown reduction at full power. Not only is it a great Lux item, with her kill steals, but it also forces you to play it safe, or else lose a third of your stacks that you've gained.
: // The most necessary core item of all AP carries. It's a self-explanatory item and any avid LoL player should understand why this item is in this build. YET, for those people who are extremely new to the game, this is why we use this item. It is the main ability power item for all AP carries. End of story.
: // This item on Lux is a MUST HAVE because it absolutely MELTS the opponents late game. It stacks with your passive for unknown amounts of damage. Buy this once you've built up quite a bit of ability power with Rabadon's Deathcap.
: // Good AP boost. All the magic penetration you SHOULD need. Once you buy this, feel free to replace your old Sorcerer's Shoes with the new Ionian Boots of Lucidity.
- : // Makes the GLASS cannon idea relevant. 2 Seconds of invulnerability allows you to fire off your ability sequence, get targeted as a threat, use the active ability while your team is whacking at the enemy champions, then run the heck out of there! The 100 AP is a bonus.
// While laning for the first 5 levels, please play it safe. This build requires you to play it safe and play it smart. Once you get your R ability, you can become a bit more agressive.
// Starting off the game as Mid Lane is very important to your whole team. Fire off your Lucent Singularity only when you can hit the enemy champion AND his minions. The mana usage this ability requires early game is ridiculous. However, with proper runes and masteries, it will prove invaluable to your fear factor, ability to push a lane and possibly get a kill...or seven. If you have a jungler on your team who does not use mana or uses very little mana, DO NOT HESITATE to ask for blue buff. Once you have blue buff, SPAM the heck out of your E ability. It WILL push a lane, and it MIGHT take down your enemy and his/her tower.
Solo Top Lane 1v2
// In this lane, you should be hugging turret. Stay near your minions and TRY NOT TO PUSH. Lux IS NOT Volibear! You cannot push as solo top without a drop in by your Jungler. Ask for wards or buy your own. You WILL need them to successfully hold top lane. If an enemy champion turret dives you when you are at low health, use Light Binding with Lucent Singularity and let the turret finish the job while you run and throw Prismatic Barrier. Recall home, pick up some wards, then run or Teleport back. Frequently ask for jungle ganks and blue buff so you can keep your enemies wary of you.
// Support your teammate, out range the enemy champions, pick up kill steals, blow up the towers and win the game. Pretty simple once you start playing as her. One rule about bot lane. DO NOT FACE CHECK! If you must check a bush, fire Lucent Singularity into it and it will reveal the hiding enemy champions for a short time. Don't get caught by the enemy pair. They will most likely kill you. If you are going Bot Lane and the Mid Lane friendly Champ is winning the lane, trade out Mejai's Soulstealer for Will of the Ancients in your build. It will further support your team and make for better teamfights.
// This is a very difficult part of the guide to write. Every team fight is different and you need to play is by ear. I have some basic tips on team fighting during late game to increase your teams victory chances.
- // Stay back from the enemies. You have the range to help effectively without dying in the process. A dead Lux is a useless Lux. Shoot your Lucent Singularity into the mass of enemy Champions to hit as many as possible. If the enemy team starts so run, pick of the low health survivors first with Finales Funkeln. It should finish the job.
- // Shield your allies. This will help ASTRONOMICALLY in a teamfight. Less health lost, more kills gained. Use CC's to help your team outrun the enemy or to catch up to fleeing Champs.
- // Know when to retreat. This is sometimes hard to do because you don't want to leave your teammates. If you realize you're losing the battle, throw out your CC's, shield your remaining team and start running. I have no doubt that any skilled player that sees you running will hesitate to follow.
- // Know when to chase. Firstly, this Champion shouldn't need to chase. Just Lazor the fool running from you. If you're a good shot, you should have a dead escapee. Follow BEHIND your teammates and try to slow the enemy. Sadly this Champions doesn't have speed buffs like Karma.
- // Finally. Know when to backdoor. Learn to avoid team fights if the enemy Champions are laning at level 18. Pick a tower, team up with your team and charge it. Running around ganking the enemy team doesn't always bring a win, but destroying towers (more often than not) does.
// Sadly, we are at the end of our guide now and this means it's time for you to go out on your own to try out this Champion. Before you go, remember these few things, Play it safe, Buy Lich Bane, and Kill steal. The last item is a bit of a bias, but a fed Lux becomes and OP Lux which becomes happy gaming.
// Good luck to you all as you try out this fantastic Champion. I'm Death Defyer and I hope you learned a thing or two about Lux the Lady of Luminosity.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.