Build Guide by MintBerry Crunch
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This build is focussing on the many good things about Master yi, The way to Build him, The way to Play him and The way to Love him!
I will start with the introduction. MintBerry Crunch has arrived to Mobafire, and this is just the first of many builds. I chose Master yi in my first build because, if you know how to play him decently, well then you cannot fail with him, especially when you first have read a MintBerry Production I've made guides before, on pages as "LeagueCraft.com" and other sites. I hope you will enjoy the build, be sure to read it before Rating me ;)
Pros and Cons
His Damage is incredibel
His potential to chase enemies is just insane!
He can hit as fast as Mohammed Ali!
He is rly easy to play, i would recommend him for new LoL players!
Can take down towers really quick with his Ultimate.
You get a Morning glory when you kill someone, Man he is Smexy to play.
He has low Hp, which means he is easy to take out.
If you get to feeded, enemies will start focussing on you in Teambattles.
(It's really hard finding Cons for Yi, you need to be very critical to find them. Master yi simply RockS!
I picked the summoner spells that worked best for me. Which is.
You can use to cover many off your needs. Such as Slowing the target if he tries to flee from you, You can use in a 1on1, to make him unable to hit you for 3 seconds, You can use to get away from a target, by slowing him, And you can even use in 2v1 if they try to gank you, pop it on one of them, take out the other one.
This spell is very annoying for your enemies, BUT also for your team. You can use in several situations like, You are fighting a champion, and he try to get away, then you simply pop , and get a kill. You can also use as a Kill stealing technique, if one of you teammates is trying to get a kill, pop on the enemy to get the kill. (i know its low :p but if it's giving you 300-700 Gold, why not? let them rage)
I understand if you wanna change to something else, afterall it is just a "Make sure i get the kill" Skill. Sometimes i take or even instead of . If you wanna be fast, i would recommend and those 2 combined with And items from my build such as and will make you extremly fast, and will allow you to catch up with everyone! The good thing about instead of is that will confuse your enemies by Flashing over a thin wall, and then use to get away. Will only make you faster, that means that your enemies know where you're at, all the time. So if they got a slow effect on you, is not much of a help. You can ofcourse also take other usefull Champion spell such as, To support your team if they need help, if you need to defend a tower or if you need to catch up with someone. You can also use that would help with so that you can remove, the slow effect with and then Sprint away with .
Item Pyramid (Core Items)
Description of the Pwnage Pyramid Above!
1. You need these 1st. The speed is very usefull at lvl 1, it gives you the chance to get to catch up with your enemies in your lane, if they try to run after a nice 2v2. I also love because you can get fast to your lanes bush, and camp it until the enemies comes, then you got a great chance to get FB (First Blood).
2. And will give you all what you need in the start, Attack speed, Movement Speed and Critical Chance you got most of your needs covered, in a small dose of a little of everything. So now you basicly just need some damage, and something else, but lets get to that later.
3. Now you got 3 items, which would be, , And . First you upgrade to . And already with those 2 items, you will begind to give some very fast damage, BUT, Attack speed isn't all, you will also need some Attack Damage, for that start out with which will give you the right amount of Attack Damage For your first 1-10 levels.
4. Okay, lets be creative, now that you got a You should upgrade that one to Which you can get by combining your and a . will increase your Attack Damage and Lifesteal and will give you a very good passive Gain an additional 1 Physical Damage and 0.25% Lifesteal per kill. Maximum of +40 Damage and 10% Lifesteal. although Bonuses are lost upon death. Now that you got , and you need something to boost your Critical Chance And Critical Damage for this, is a really usefull item. It will give you, more Attack Damage Output, more Critical Chance And then theres the passive, Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%. These items combined, is one of the best things you can do, when you're playing Master yi.
5. You do now have a bunch of Attack Damage,Attack speed,Critical Chance And Lifesteal. And that is pretty much all you need, But hey, your enemies can still run away from you. How come? well will solve that problem, its not only giving you a bunch of Health and a little Attack Damage No, its also giving you the thing you need to be unstoppable cause Gives you Physical attacks reduce your target's Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds. Let's take a look at the core so far.
But hey, you're still a little weak, melee champions will crush you in no time. thats why i got one last item in the Core!
6. Now add a It will provide you a bunch of Armor and Magic Resist and its passive rocks Revives your Champion upon death, restoring 750 health and 375 mana, this effect can only occur once every 5 minutes. thats why i picked as my last item.
My suggestion is, that you will use this build. This build will provide Attack Damage, Attack Speed, Critical Change, Lifesteal, Dogde And all the good passives.
(Add 2 last items yourself)
I would keep those 4 because they are the best items for Master yi.
You could also change the boots, to a Sword of the Occult if you got feeded i would recommend this, cause when you get 20 stacks, it will give you 15% Movement Speed you will still cover your needs with and .
Double Strike Master Yi strikes twice every 7th attack.
This is Master yi's passive, which is rly nice combined with he will deal a huge amount of damage in lvl 1 with and which is the reason that its my number 1 Skill Level in Skill Sequence.
Alpha Strike Master Yi leaps across the battlefield with blinding speed, dealing magic damage to multiple units in his path with a chance to deal bonus magic damage to minions.
This ability deals a lot of damage, thats why i take my next 2 Skill Levels in i would also recommend getting this maxed right after You got many opportunities to farm minions with Which i will get back to.
Meditate Master Yi rejuvinates his body by focus of mind, restoring health and increasing his armor and magic resistance for a short time.
As you can see, i would take the first Skill level in lvl 13, since there are more important thing to max first like and i dont rly use since you got a bunch of Hp generation in your lifesteal. (If you follow my build) And you can always just use Recall to get back to your spawn.
Wuju Style Master Yi becomes skilled in the art of Wuju, passively increasing the power of his physical attacks. Activating Wuju Style doubles the passive bonus damage for a short time, but the passive bonus is temporarily removed after the effect wears off.
Wuju style is the Ability of opportunities, in lvl 1 you start with so much Attack Damage that your opponents dont stand a chance against you. thats why i decided to max
And activate it for even more Attack Damage is simply just the best Early Game Abillity!
Highlander Master Yi moves with unparalleled agility, temporarily increasing Master Yi's movement and attack speeds as well as making him immune to all slowing effects. Additionally, killing a Champion refreshes all of Master Yi's cooldowns.
is Master yi's Ultimate, which is very good. You can use it in many ways, combine it with And you will be the fastes man on the Battlefield. It is a great abillity to take down enemy Towers because of its great Attack Speed.
Greater Mark of DesolationGreater Mark of Desolation x9
Greater Mark of Desolation Gives you Armor Penetration which is good for all melee champions, so that you can take down hardcore tanks with loads of Armor.
Greater Seal of Warding x9
these runes will give you Magic Resist you need Magic Resist to take less damage from Mages like For example.
Greater Glyph of Celerity x5
This is for Cooldown Reducing that you can use, to get less cooldown on your Champion Abilities such as
Greater Glyph of Warding x4
is again for Magic Resist you need it, to take less damage, from mages like For example.
Greater Quintessence of Evasion x3
is for Dogde, Dogde is good for almost every Champion in League of Legends, and and should cover the needs of Dogde For you.
Okay, buy , a and Healt Potionx2, and start running toward your lane. try to keep a Defensive Gameplay because Master yi is a low HP Champion, so you wanna play defensive at start, and get as many minion kills, as possible. Take 1st. Because of its extra Attack Damage combined with is really good in lvl 1. Get when you get the gold, it will help your Attack Speed A lot. After that go for It will boost your Attack Speed, Movement Speed And Critical Chance. Take in level 2 and 3, and then go for the Lizard Buff, Your will deal extremly high Bonus Magic Damage to minions, so make sure using that on the Lizard 1st. After that you should be able to take your Enemies down within a second. safe your money for a or a which will give you a bunch of Attack Damage.
Now that you've got , And or even Your Damage Output should be really good, so try to focus on getting kills, Kills=Money Money=Items And we love them bloody items :P but you don't wanna play to risky, you should always think twice when turrets are involved. So try to get it will boost your Critical Damage a lot, it is one of the best items for Master yi. Your team and you should try, to push the mid, and when the Teambattles comes, i would try not to be to aggresive but still tease them by giving them an in the face occasionally, xD
Try to get your 2 missing items and If the game is not over, (If you got my core item build, no one will be able to take you down try to push as much as you can, and be aware of The Enemy team They might try to gank you, or try to take the Baron Buff, to push your team, so don't let that happend. If it happends that they manage, to get one of your inhibitor's down, you should focus on defending, and killing the Big minions. If your team is getting pushed, you should try to deal as much Damage as you can.
Thanks for reading my build, feel free to add a comment.
I would appreciate if you would leave a comment about why you rated me. Thanks :)