Master Yi Build Guide by Snowkiss
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello Mobafire this guide has been long overdue. After my moderate success of my Nasus guide I really felt compelled to give you guys another guide to try. It's weird but not as weird as my other builds.
The reason I make guides is because I enjoy connecting with the community and I like giving back to them. Mobafire has always been kind to me; yes their are trolls and overall greifers but its not something to keep me away from Mobafire.
I give you Hybrid Master Yi!!!!
Master Yi's SKILLZ
- Master Yi strikes twice every 7th attack.
Pretty straight forward and you should not over look it...seriously
-Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing magic damage to each enemy with a chance to deal 400 bonus magic damage to minions.
This is your best skill as it provides you your burst damage and your nuke. BUT dont spam it because the mana cost is hefty.
- Master Yi channels, restoring health over 5 seconds. While channeling, Master Yi gains armor and magic resistance.
Pretty awesome it gives you some staying power in your lane what more can you ask for....eh?
-(Passive): Increases attack damage.
(Active): Master Yi can activate this ability to double its effectiveness for 10 seconds, but this removes the passive bonus until Wuju Style becomes available again.
Its pretty awesome it makes Hybrid yi that much better it gives you some nice attack damage and using its active comes in handy
-Increases Master Yi's movement speed by 40% and attack speed for a few seconds, as well as making him immune to any slow effects. Additionally, killing a champion during the duration will refresh all of Master Yi's ability cooldowns, while assists will refresh them by half.
Its a great steroid for master yi use it to drop towers, escape or chase. It's just that good
For Masteries I go full in offence skipping everything that gives you crit chance; and 9 in utility for that little extra mana regain and experiance.
I chose this path because I think the crit chance is a waste. As a hybrid Yi player you dont need to crit to do loads of damage your not or . You have which has a great AP ratio and gives you BURST
Summoner spells the things that really make champions well.....champions.. What should you get? There's a lot to choose from but in my opinion only a few are viable on Master Yi
- This is what I use since you wont be getting frozen mallet the CC is needed. Also it shuts downs DPS's so all in all a great spell.
- This in conjunction with your ult= " YOU WILL NEVER CATCH/ESCAPE ME MUAHHAHHAHAH" No seriously the synergy is just too good to pass up.
+ Great burst
+ Amazing staying power
+ True Carry
+ Easy to get a handle of
+Hhe has some serious WuJu style
- Mana Hungry
- Can be out burst from a full AP Yi
- Can be out DPSED against a full DPS Yi
- Extremely vulnerable to CC mainly stuns
So why Hybrid??
I chose Hybrid Yi because its the best of both worlds in my opinion you get some DPS and some AP. Instead of doing one thing you can do two thing's. It's really preference and it all derives on your play style I like play DPS Yi just as much as the next guy; but being different never hurt anyone....or has it
I feel Master Yi has a lot of potential has a Hybrid champ if you can utilize both sides of Master Yi why not?
Items for Hybrid your fairly limited but you still have options.
- This is a great starting item because I think the AP and the mana regan serves a greater purpose.
- A great item on Hybrid Yi it provides everything you need. Its a must buy!
- Another must buy in my opinion it gives some great cooldown reduction and mana regain. Oh ya did I mention some AP
- A hybrid item that works very well it has a great active that comes in handy. If you can get past the hefty price by all means buy it. I know I always do
- It gives a huge amount of AP which just adds to your burst from. Oh ya it makes you heal more with
- The Lifesteal and attack damage are everything you need because you have attack speed from
-It's useful when you have. I usually get it if i want to gank someone :)
Thanks for reading make sure to give your feedback and try the guide out. If you have some cool ideas be sure to post them and i'll add them to the guide and even credit you for it.
This is for the Mobafire community for supporting me with my guides. Have fun with it and always try out new things regardless of who you play. Don't forget to Up-vote for me :). Thanks so much !!!
Thanks again and I hope this guide can be just as good guide.
* Oh ya feel free to point out any errors in spelling and such*
In the words of Master Yi " My Blade is Yours"