Build Guide by mobrebel
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Now, Nasus has even more to worry about.
HIS BROTHER !?!?!?!?!?
Renekton is a Tanky DPS champion who excels at tower diving enemies to psychotic ragequits and chasing down EVERYONE. He bursts down people quickly and just plain is fun to play. If you don't have fun playing him, I don't know what game you are playing then...
Pros / Cons
- Can chase enemies down
- Tower diver
- Strong Laner
- Strong mid - late game
- Is an alligator...
- Has a wicked blade...
- Weak Early game
- Repetitive at times
- New fury system can make some furious
NOTE: I had almost all of this done when something messed up and a couple of sections were erased and replaced by already done sections. I am sorry for any delay because of this XD... Also, luckily, my Skills section wasn't one of the ones effected.... Well it was but it didn't have it completely erased. It was just moved...
I find Armor Penetration Marks NECESSARY. Without them, your damage is just... lacking. I get the classic dodge Seals and cooldown reduction Glyphs are the MOST IMPORTANT part of this rune build, as without cooldown, Renekton cannot do damage as fast as needed. Without cooldown reduction, Renekton becomes the piece if gum that gets scraped off a person's shoe; worthless. Now, I believe that Armor Penetration Quintessences are very necessary and a great way to increase damage for all parts of the match.
21/0/9 masteries are essential here. The increase in damage from points in Offense combined by the faster leveling from Utility will allow you to speed past the enemy in terms of levels and damage, causing you to destroy them with ease.
- Cull the Meek - Renekton swing his blade, dealing 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage) damage to nearby enemies and healing for 10% of the damage dealt, up to 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150.
When Renekton has more than 50 Fury he deals 50% additional damage and heals for 15% of the damage dealt, the healing hard cap is tripled. Consumes 50 Fury.
- This skill is great for damage and survivability throughout the game. It is a nice AoE skill that shall allow for some nice and easy lifesteal. But, the fury bonus is very lacking. In a combo, I recommend NOT using fury on this unless you truly need the life, as Slice and Dice and Ruthless Predator's fury bonuses just do the job better.
- Ruthless Predator - Renekton's next attack swings twice, dealing 5 / 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 (+0.75 per attack damage) damage per hit, stunning his target for 0.75 seconds and applying on-hit effects.
When Renekton has more than 50 Fury, his next attack will swing three times dealing 5 / 15 / 25 / 35 / 45 (+0.75 per attack damage) damage per hit and stunning his target for 1.5 seconds. Consumes 50 Fury.
- This is why I get a Trinity Force and why I get a Black Cleaver. This is his strongest skill easy. The fury bonus doesn't look like much; just an extra hit. But, then again, you double the stun duration and add extra damage on with it. It also allows for on-hit effects so Black Cleaver just works WONDERS with this. Who wouldn't want to put all 3 stacks on an enemy in one button press.
- Slice and Dice - Slice: Renekton dashes forward, dealing 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage) damage to targets along the way. If he hits a target he gains the ability to use Dice.
Dice: Renekton dashes, dealing 45 / 75 / 105 / 135 / 165 (+0.6 per bonus attack damage) damage along the way. When Renekton has more than 50 Fury during Dice, he deals 50% additional damage and shreds the armor of targets he hits by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 for 4 seconds. Consumes 50 Fury.
- VERY USEFUL!!! It is a mini-flash that allows for a nice damage bonus with fury. Make sure to keep in mind that you have a limited time to cast Dice after using Slice and hitting an enemy. With Dice and 50 fury, Renekton turns into a monster. (Not that he isn't one...) This is the 2nd ability I would use fury on if you had 100 fury, as the armor reduction added on to the Black Cleaver armor reduction will most certainly reduce enemy armor totals to zero, NOT including your armor penetration from Runes. The damage helps, too.
ULTIMATE -- Dominus - Renekton empowers himself with dark energies, gaining increased size and 300 / 450 / 600 health for 15 seconds. While empowered, he deals 50 / 75 / 100 (+10% of ability power) magic damage to nearby enemies and generates 5 Fury per second.
- Powerful with the fury generation, but I find the magic damage to enemies lacking. It does add a great amount of DPS, but doesn't do anything as teamfight changing as Nasus's amazing ultimate. I understand that he definitely couldn't have anything like that with the attack damage added from damage done with it, but maybe if they added something else, the ultimate would feel more worthwhile in the end. The health gained isn't really much as a lifesaver either. This skill is just lacking right now.
PASSIVE -- Reign of Anger - Renekton gains 5 Fury per autoattack. Having sufficient fury empowers Renekton's abilities with bonus effects, but this drains Fury. When out of combat for 12 seconds, Renekton loses 5 Fury per 2 seconds.
When Renekton is below 50% life he generates 50% more fury.
- Yup... Uh-huh... Yea.... The first part really just explains the fury system. The real passive is the last sentence that was spaced from the rest. "When Renekton is below 50% life he generates 50% more fury." I LOVE this passive with him. This makes the ultimate seem just a tad more worth it (Though still not enough.) and adds a ton of fury quickly when he is built up with some attack speed. This adds up to more fury empowered skills, add more DPS to the charts.
R > Q > E > W
Now, some of you might ask me what I am smoking since I didn't power up his most powerful skill first. I say that Cull to Meek is more useful in the beginning for last hits and lane dominance. Then, Slice and Dice is the obvious choice to reduce horrible cooldowns and add damage. Yes, you do get 1 point in each first thing (W is last skill to get one point in it as Slice and Dice adds Harassing to his agenda; and this doesn't include the ultimate) and go from there. Ruthless Predator just isn't needed til those teamfights late game, where damage is actually needed. Other than that, it should make complete sense.
Ghost and Cleanse. End of story. He is a carry so give him carry spells. You can build him off-tank but I find carry to work out better. Cleanse will allow you to get away from nasty crowd control that ruins him and Ghost will allow for faster running and chasing, chasing being what he does best.
I find starting with a Doran's Shield is imperative. It might seem as a bad idea since they increased the price, but I find that it still gives great survivability for it's cost in the beginning. Afterwards, rush a Ionian Boots of Lucidity. This will increase your damage through spammability and make you faster than everyone else faster. For the short period that others delay their tier 2 boots anyway. After this, go for a Brutalizer. It increases cooldown reduction even more and increases damage and armor penetration. All things that make Renekton scary to be against. After that, get a Sheen. This is where people will think I am on crack. But, that is where I also show that it increases your Ruthless Predator's prowress and makes you ungodly powerful with your spamming of abilities. This item is the item that will make your enemies head's swim. "How is this Renekton beating us? He is getting a sheen for pete's sake! AP and Mana are 2 things he doesn't need...." This is thought while your team says, "NOOB NOOB NOOB!!!" and then that stops when you get that double kill. With this... Your core should be:
After that, you can build as my guide shows, or maybe replace some of the items with situational items like below that work well to keep you alive.
- Force of Nature - This item adds nice movement speed and magic resist to go against those AP teams. I would prefer this to Banshee's on Renekton because of Renekton's ability to be an off-tank. This adds that nice amount of health regeneration to make you stay in a fight longer, which is better for the inherent chaser that Renekton is.
- Banshee's Veil - As much as I love this item, I find a Force of Nature just does the job better for this champion. But, if you really needed the Magic Resist...(Stop trolling those AP users and just win XD) ... you could get both. Up to you. The spell shield is nice though.
- Guardian Angel - Only if you are dying too much. You make the call as I am NOT going to tell you when you are...
- Hexdrinker - A nice mid game item for when you are having a little trouble with some AP users. Just plop this on and BAM! you got a nice shield whenever your health gets too low and even some extra damage which is nice. Banshee's veil and Force of Nature out-perform it late game.
- Quicksilver Sash - This item actually was buffed. Great for heavy crowd control teams and for AP teams. Basically the OLD cleanse where there was NO such thing as suppression and ignite and exhaust would disappear by using it.
- Randuin's Omen - Great tank item. Would leave this to the tank, but works if you need some armor. Heck, the slow helps a lot, too.
- Spirit Visage - Good early game and mid game item. Gives okay health and regeneration buff with nice cooldown reduction. Replace it late game with a better item.
- Thornmail - Good for those pesky AD/DPS teams. Definitely destroys them.
- Warmog's Armor - Personally, I don't see a need for more health. But, if you truly need it, this should help.
NOTE: NO AP OR MANA ITEMS UNLESS THE PASSIVE OR OTHER STATS ARE WORTH IT. For example, Sheen and Banshee's Veil.
- Renekton is a chaser. He excels at killing those runners and tower diving. Use this.
- In a teamfight, it is important that you stun the one that does the most damage or, if you have a Blitzcrank or Singed, the one who has been pulled away from the group.
- Of course, be careful.
- As an off-tank, you back up the tank but do more damage. That does not mean you hang back. Get into the fray. But, you must make good positioning choices. Do not put yourself in the middle of them.
I hope you find this Renekton build satisfactory and I wish you good luck on your journeys with Renekton in Summoner's Rift and your following matches.
-mobrebel (IGN: RealistFreak)
(OIGN: IVIoB Rebel)