Tryndamere Build Guide by koolkill
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
why their are 7 items
of course you starts off as the guide is buy in whatever order u like however once u complete the first 6 items i suggest u sell the shoes. why u ask? simple because phantom dancers give 15% movment speed and much more attack speed. this build is meant to hit fast and hard however a common mistake is trying to take the whole team on by urself. which u should never do. sell ur shoes at the end buy a blood thirster u should be healing urself 400+ kill minions and max ur bloodthirsters and now you shall be kicking butt in a few second, dont rush to buy ur items. start slow abuse endless rage nd killl.
This is what I use on Tryndamere and I find it to work really well. But depending on the game and the enemy team this build gets moved and shifted a lot; in the order of skill, items and what items all together. I have played tryndamere for a very long time and he is a great champ. The secret to tryndamere is right click!-_- No JK. There is 3 secrets!
1. When 1 on 1 fighting both with low HP you need to be able to use your fury in the right moment because sometimes if you heal you will be able to beat the opponent. If you have 80HP while doing say 100 damage and he has 190Hp and does 80 damage considering both your attack speeds are the same and you have lets say O armor and O magic resistance you would lose because he would be able to kill you in 2 shots. But if you heal yourself just by 81 or more(Which requires little fury) you would survive the second shot but kill him. Now this sounds easy when going slowly but when facing a Master Yi with very high attack speed you would find that this is a split second move which either makes it or breaks it.
2. You need to be able to use your Ult when your HP is the closest possible to 0(In other words when your HP is at 1). This could mean life and death after your ult ends because if you wait that split second then you might swing the final blow in that split second which you waited.
3. You need to be able to use your Q or heal right after you ult ends because if you use it late your probably dead because you would have 1 hp and anyone would pretty much finish you. But if you use it early your ult naturally brings your health to 0 so you would lose some of the healing that you done on yourself. Once again that 5,10,or 40 hp could mean life and death.
pros / cons
+ Very high damage
+ Great healing ability (Bloodlust)
+ Great escape/tanking ability (Ultimate)
+ Can go through walls (Spinning Slash)
+ AoE Slow ability.
+ Will make the other team mad
- Can get shut down if enemy team is organized
- Can be completely useless if enemy team rush Thormail.
- Squishy early game
- Requires good timing and some skill for good use
- Dependable on only physical attacks only.
- VERY item dependant
- End game champion
For summoner spells I go with flash and exhaust. If you do this you are playing safe. I take flash because it is still a great spell to have. Flash combined with spin means you are out of the war zone and pretty much have gotten away. This is because you can cover massive distance. The exhaust is great because you are going to be doing most of the damage and if you can get in range with exhaust and your spin you will be doing massive damage as well as hitting crits. This is why I prefer it over ignite because not only will they be taking more damage exhausted but you can score crits which you obviously will not if you just ignite them.
Now you can also take ghost and exhaust but I prefer flash because you can stay in the battle what 1-2 sec longer and then flash with no health left or have yourself ghost with more health because you got Ashe shooting arrows at you.(The time it takes you to run out of her range you can just stay and instantly flash out of)
Twisted Tree Line
For Twisted Tree Line I take ghost and exhaust bemuse you can lunge over pretty much every wall on the map. This means that if you take top(which you should) you can lunge into dragon if ganked and run into jungle or lunge down to red if ganked to your allies. This means that flash is unnecessary and ghost can benefit you more such as chasing or running away if say they flashed over the wall.
i chose these runes due to the fact that i have not made tryndameres attack speed 2.5 per second so this is to make him hit as fast as he can and with his hard hits he should kill enimies in less then 3 seconds.
i have decided these masteries in order to hit very hard, very fast, and critical very high. this is the best way to go in my decision if you are using tryndamere or master yi. one thing to note however if people use thormail u will get hurt alot!, thats why u use endless rage in case
In the team fight you need to try to take out there AD carries first then the AP carries. The best way to initiate is to lunge UNEXPECTEDLY to the AD carries. This will make you much more effective. If they see you every single opponent will be going for you first. They will be focused and organized on taking you down first. Tryndamere himself has average maybe a bit lower hp for fighter or melee. You will not even notice your HP. But if you lunge form a bush they will be disorganized and will most likely no be effective vs you
I start with Spinning Slash because this allows you to go into the bush and wait for enemy to run in at which point you can either do damage and fight or just run and lunge. Spinning Slash will provide great escape ability early on and most importantly after 6+1 minions you will reach level 2 and get his second ability.
The second ability which I get is Bloodlusht because this will allow you to heal yourself and stay in lane longer. (Not like you should need it this early but this will allow you to stay and farm longer) I then get it at level 3 again and then get my Mocking Shout.
The third ability is Mocking Shout which slows enemies which are facing away from you and LOWERS THE PHYSICAL DAMAGE OF ENEMIES NEAR BY. People tend to forget and take much more damage then they have to.
Then at level 6 I take my ult of course which makes me impossible to die for 5 seconds.
I max Bloodlust first followed by Spinning Slash and Mocking Shout as well as getting my ult every time I can(6,11,16).