Olaf Build Guide by EzeeJay
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Ok To Start Off This Is My First Proper Build On Mobafire. I Have Been Playing LoL For About 6-9 Months. I Am A Level 30 Summoner And If You Want To Add Me My Summoner Name Is EzeeJay.
Anyway Enough Of That And Into The Build. Olaf Can Be Built In Many Ways And Also Can Be Played In Many Ways. This Build Is Going To Be Showing You How To Play Olaf As A Tanky/Bruiser In 3v3
For Olaf I Choose :
- Flat Attack Damage Mark's,
- Flat Armour Seal's,
- Cooldown Per Level Glyph's,
- And Flat Attack Damage Quintessence's.
I Choose These Runes As We Are Mainly Building Magic Resist In This Build So We Need That Extra Armour On Those Seal's Just To Build It Up A Little. I Also Choose Those Cooldown Glyph's Just To Boost His Cool Down On His Reckless Swing. The Attack Damage Mark's and Quintessence's Are For Obvious Hand To Hand Combat Situations.
These Are Standard AD Carry Masteries Unfortunately You Can Not Sneak In Those Extra Armour And Magic Resist Masteries But You Should Be Ok.
Lets Get Straight Into This :
- I Get Dorans Shield To Start For That Extra Armour
- Then I Then Buy Berserker Greaves For Attack Speed
- I Get Phage Afterwards For Some Health And Attack Damage
- Continuing With Chain Vest For Some More Armour
- I Then Build My Phage Into Frozen Mallet For Extra Health, Attack Damage And That Passive For The Slow
- I Also Build My Chain Vest Into Thornmail For Some Serious Armour
- After That Building Madred's Bloodrazor For Attack Speed And For Bringing Down The Tanky Characters The Armour And Attack Damage Is A Bonus
- A Recurve Bow For Attack Speed
- And A Hex Drinker For Attack Damage
- Then Building My Recurve Bow Into Wits End For That Magic Damage Passive And The Magic Resist
- My Last Item Is Maw Of Malmortius Built From My Hex Drinker Giving Me More Attack Damage And Magic Resist
My Skill Sequence Is The Same As Most That You Will Find On Mobafire Its Getting One Of Each Skill Maxing Your Reckless Swing By Level 9 Because Thats Going To Be Your Main Damage Dealer. I Then Maxing Your Vicious Strikes For Attack Damage And Life Steal. Your Undertow Is Not Very Useful Thats Why I Max It Last It Is Ok For Chasing As It Dose Slow The Enemy And The Cooldown Is Reset When Run Over By Olaf.
I Use Exhaust And Flash Because Ghost Isnt Really Needed Because Your On A Small Map. If Playing 5v5 With This Build I Would Recomend Ghost.
- Exhaust Is Good Because Not Only Does It Work As A Slow It Also Reduces The Damage On Your Targeted Champion.
- Flash Is Useful On This Small Map As You Can Use Flash To Basically Jump Almost Every Wall So That Enemy Champions Will Have To Either Relieve There Flash To Chase You Or Run Around The Wall.
Pros And Cons
- Lots Of Damage
- Decent Attack Speed
- Tanks Alot Of Damage
- Taking Dragon Very Quickly
- Team Can Abuse You
- Need To At Least Stay With One Other Person
According To My Intelligence Olaf Has No Unique Skills Accept He Is One Of Only A Few Champions That Can Deal True Damage. True Damage Is Not Resisted By Anything Armour Will Not Reduce The Damage And Neither Will Magic Resist.