Riven Build Guide by Zendr
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello, I'm french, I'm sorry if my english make your eyes bleed but ... :p
Ingame, I'm Ezendyer.
It's my first guide, I really wanted to make it so ...
I hope you'll love my Riven :D
I take 9 Greater Mark of Desolation and 3 Greater Quintessence of Desolation, thanks to that I start with 25 ArPen. She only does physicals damages, we need it. You can also play with AD, it increases the shield but you'll deal less damages.
I also take 9 Greater Glyph & Seal of Vitality. Why not armor or magic armor ? Armor only protects against AD, magic armor againt AP. More life you have, you physical, magic and damages like ignite you can take. Actually, if you take armor (magic or not), you win more than 2x the effective health than life, but there's a last point.
At the lvl 18, you play with +262 hp (including the only greater glyph of Vitality), with Atma, it's more AD, (not a lot I agree, but it helps everywhere, shield included, so again effective health).
I take a 22/0/8
Let start with Utility,
- Good hands (3/3) 10% of your time of death, better than everything on the same line. You don't need mana reg, you don't have mana. And if you take the reg hp/mana at 3/3 only for hp reg, you're loosing points.
- Perseverence (1/3) We need to finish this lane to get more XP, we don't need ghost or tp.
- Awareness (4/4) XP, what else ?
- Deadliness (3/3) 2% crit chances, we want.
- Exhaust up (1/1), we play with it, we don't jungle and we don't have AP ratios, so ...
- Sorcery (4/4), with that, and your build, you get 38% cd reduction
- Alacrity (4/4) You want AS, you spend your passive faster, you can cast faster then without wasting your passive. And you're a bruiser ...
- Sunder (3/3) You love ArPen, it's like google for LoL. You have 31 ArPen now.
- Brute Force (3/3) AD is what you play with ... Kiss it.
- Lethality (3/3) You have an Atma + 2%, you're gonna crit, you shall up it, it allows you to goal the last masterie.
- Havoc (1/1) I hope I don't need to argue ... 4% !!!
I start with a Doran's shield.
You are VERY weak. You need armor, you need life, you shall not feed.
When I can, I buy the lucidity boots, 15% CD, you shall love it !!!
After, I take the Brutalizer, CD, ArPen, Damages, This is IGoogle, or better, in YOUR bag.
Then, I finish the Youmuu or I start the Randuin, depending on the team. If you start the Randuin, take the golden heart.
After Randuin & Youmuu, I start the Wit's end, with the bow, or magic armor if there is 2+AP against me.
The following item is the Atma, you have life, you're still squishy, take it.
I "finish" with a Warmog (It shouldnt happen). It increases your Atma, and you have already a lot of resistances !
Why I take them ?
I already explained for Lucidity/Brutalizer
- Youmuu, Brutalizer's upgrade, with crit, and a great active !!!
- Randuin : Your ennemies won't have more luck, if they try to escape, you slow them, in TF, the others AD will hate you :D. Plus, you have more life (good for Atma), more armor (good, you're squishy and a good engager ..!)
- Wit's end is a good way to get more AS (for you passive, you're too much slow) and to have the magic armor you were looking for.
- Atma : Armor, Crit, AD, What else ?
- Warmog, You have enough armor and magic armor, you need life for your atma. Only HP, Warmog.
You need Exhaust (because of your masteries, and it's always useful)
You also need Cleanse, if you get CC, you die, quickly. It shall not happen.
I up the Ki burst because I think that to be able to stun often and heavely early can upset a TF.
My 2nd priority is the 3 times dash, called Broken Wings. I think that the shield isn't enough efficient to be up.
Every time I can, I take the ulti, of course ^^
Riven needs armor, magic armor and life to stay in the battle. To be useful during the TF, don't forget Cleanse. Keep your stun if necessary. Don't forget to use your passive, don't use every skills like that.
Your speed allow you to go across a team fight to get the carry (AP or AD), try to be "furtive".
And Moreover ...
Be Pacient, Skill will income. (I'm not saying I'm so skilled, but I believe that I've the cha at my mind.)
... Be pacient ;)