Not Updated For Current Season
Hello summoners, this is my first build, and hopefully everyone will have some success with it. As you read along I will try to keep it short and sweet, but I will explain my item choices and their alternatives in detail.
The above items aren't foolproof: adjust them where you feel neccesary!
I appreciate your constructive criticism and comments, but please don't downvote this build because you didn't steamroll in your first game.
Pros / Cons
Strong throughout the whole game.
Awesome shield/speed boost
Spamable AOE damage
THE EQUALIZER. Need I say more?
he gets focused. just expect it.
I can't think of more cons...
Runes & Masteries
For my runes I go with:
Magic pen Marks and Quints
Health regen seals
AP per level glyphs.
Why? because they work for me! I found the magic pen quints were a lot better for Rumble than AP quints.
For masteries I go 21/0/9 for the extra damage output, while still gaining the extra xp, a little gold and regeneration.
Obviously if you don't take Exhaust and Ignite as your summoner spells, then you should adjust your masteries accordingly.
Items & Explanations
1. I always start the game with boots and health potions for two reasons: the boots help him chase down enemies while harassing with his Q ability, and the three health potions is often needed as he is very in-your-face if you are playing him well. As his shield isn't great with only one rank, the potions are very useful.
2. My next item is Majai's Soulstealer, AS LONG AS I AM DOING WELL IN LANE! If you are being pushed back against your turret in the early game, you might want to hold off in getting this item. If you are not doing well or if you're unsure, please skip this and go to #3.
3. Next I get Rylai's Crystal Scepter, for the slow, extra ap, health, etc. how can you go wrong?
4. Here's where you need to use your judgement.
If you have an enemy melee or ranged dps who has a lot of kills already, you should get a Thornmail in this slot. Rumble nearly always gets focused, if your enemy team is smart. He definitely needs a thornmail if the enemy team has an even slightly fed Xin or Yi.
If you have a Lux, Viegar, Leblanc, etc. who's starting to get scary, you should get a Force of Nature. It is the best magic resist item, plus extra survivability.
Getting those two items at the right times for your individual games is key to being a VERY SCARY Rumble.
5. Rabadon's Deathcap. Straight AP. Fantastic.
6. Here's where I choose again, between a Thornmail, Force of Nature, Possible an Abbyssal Scepter if I already have a Force of Nature and I need more magic resistance, or if nobody on the Enemy team is scary to you at all, get another AP item such as a Void Staff.
First, I put one rank in each of Rumbles first three abilities beginning with Flamespitter.
I max out Flamespitter first, making sure to always put ranks into the Equalizer (Ultimate) at level 6, 11 and 16.
Next I max out scrap Shield,
Then finally Electro Harpoon, as it is his least useful ability, in my opinion.
I usually get Exhaust and Ignite.
The reason for this is that I nearly almost get first blood with this combo before minions spawn.
I don't feel the need for ghost or flash, as his speed boost is usually enough, BUT if you have trouble escaping and feel you need to switch it up, do what works for you!
Other spells that could be useful for him:
Teleport; for farming and pushing down turrets, or just for staying in the action.
Clarity could be good for early game spell spamming, but to be honest I've never had trouble with having enough mana.
1. Do spam his spells to keep him in the danger zone. try not to overheat him, as that's not what this build is about. However, if he does overheat, use it! just remember that he can't cast abilities during overheating, so don't get in over your head.
2. Try to get first blood. Rumble is very good at this, but he does need a teammate's help to get it before minions spawn. I usually throw exhaust and ignite on them right away, and then Flamespitter and auto attack until they're dead.
3. Rumble is good at mid and laning and is very good at 1v2 laning. if you are doing a 1v2 laning situation, try not to get too cocky as Rumble can be focused down. Try to set up ganks with your jungler, and ALWAYS initiate with your Ultimate (for its slow), followed by exhaust and ignite, Scrap shield, FLamespitter and autoattack
4. The Equalizer: you should play some practice games to get used to aiming this ability, as it has its own unique targeting system that can be hard to use at first. I use this ability to clean up kills ALL THE TIME. It is fantastic, and one of my favorite things about Rumble. It has an awesome range, a slow, and fantastic damage over time. In team fights you can use it to initiate, or save it to clean up a quadrakill ;-)
5. KNOW WHEN TO RUN AWAY: it is very easy to get cocky when playing with Rumble. DON'T risk the stacks on your soulstealer just because you feel invincible. Be smart.
6. Rumble is an EXCELLENT ganker. hide in the bush next to mid, unload your ult at the right time, then rush in spamming your spells and you're garanteed a kill or an assist at least, if your mid teammate is really good.
7. GET RED AND BLUE BUFFS: These are VERY helpful for Rumble. Don't worry about it until mid game, and get help if needed. But be polite, don't hog the buffs if others want them.
Please give me comments and questions if you have them. I will be updating this build if I see additional strategies that are working for me.
Thanks very much for reading, and I hope this build is as successful for you as it has been for me!