Skarner Build Guide by OP Predator
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Simply put: You'll be unkillable, only if you play smart and not be an idiot. Even if you don't fully finish your build, the Rod of Ages and the Trininty Force will seriously kick some ***.
I personally think that Blitzcrank is the best champion to have as a lane partner, especially when you and Blitzcrank have your ultimates. Blitzcrank can pull an enemy in, knock them up, use his ultimate to silence them, then you use your E to tag him and do around 150 - 200 magic damage, then hit him with your Q/Auto atack, then snag him with your ultimate to keep him there. You and Blitzcrank can comepletely finish someone off like that.
You might be thinking, "Well, I can have any lane partner with a decent CC." NO. The fact that you can just pull someone with Blitzcrank and pull them again within a few seconds as Skarner is just amazing. If you don't have a Blitzcrank, just play it cool.
The items listed must be built in complete order; with the exception of wards, potions, and elixers:
- Rod of Ages (For the health, ability power, and per level health/mana return).
- Mercury's Treads (For the movement speed, reduction in CC effects, and magic resist).
- Trinity Force (For Sheen passive, damage, and health. The movement and attack speed isn't really needed, but it's good to have).
- Hextech Gunblade (Spell vamp. That's it; the other things aren't really needed).
- Manamune (For the mana/mana regen, also for the massive attack damage boost).
- Archangel's Staff (For the AP).
You will literally eat their health, and also heal yourself.
When going into any fight, wheather it'd be a team fight or a mini fight, always activate your W (Crystaline Exoskeleton) first, then use your E then Q immediately after the E to heal off the enemy.
When using your ultimate, don't use it to dive a turret and pull an enemy towards your team. Use it to hold an enemy in place. I remember a time when a Tryndamere used his ultimate, i used my ultimate to keep him in place and he just died in mid air. If you snag an enemy with your ultimate and start dragging them like an idiot, people on your team that heavily depend on skill shots will for miss for sure and it will be a bit harder to take out the person you're trying to kill. Use your ultimate to prevent them from running away.
Creeping / Jungling
You can jungle, but jungling would just ruin the build, and you can easily feed with the terrible Madred's Razors upgrades (Wriggles or Bloodrazors).
Just stick to laning.
Focus on leveling your E first, then your W, then Q. Level your Ultimate as you normally would.
Do a lot of it in between ultimates. For every minion hit, your cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds (1 second if hitting a champion).
Pros / Cons
- Early game health.
- Early game survivability.
- Early game safety (the enemy will most likely target your lane partner, or no one).
- Mid game health.
- Mid game AP.
- Late game health.
- Late game AP.
- Late game AD.
- Can result in a possible 3 - 5 man gank on you. Don't be alone.
- The lack of damage early game can result in a long laning process.
- Life stealers can just wreck you.
Flash is a must. Don't argue. If you get in a sticky situation, flash out.
The second summoner spell isn't really a must. Ignite is just intended to get rid of the guys running away. I personally would use Clarity or Clairevoyance, because it's a little more helpfull than cleanse or teleport.
Best Case Scenarios
- You become fed due to killstealing or just playing right: Just finish your build, play on.
- Someone on the enemy team leaves: Zone out the lane that's missing a player.
- Your lane has a solo (someone on the other team is jungling): Overextend like an idiot, but don't dive. Also place a sh*t ton of wards. If the jungler is a Nocturne, then don't be an ******* in the lane and play smart.
Worst Case Scenarios
- Your team has a feeder: Try your very, very best cary. It's possible.
- You are the feeder on your team: Stay away from the people who can possibly kill you with ease. Join a team fight slightly late so the enemy doesn't target you.
- Someone on your team leaves (early game): More XP in your lane, but will result in a late game loss.
- Someone on your team leaves (late game): If it looks like you can't win, /ff.