General Guide by Janitsu
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
This is Janitsu, you might know me from my Terminology guide. In this guide, I will tell you about stealth, and who/what has it. This guide will be improved, but since here is only 29 days to CHIRSTMAS I don't have much time, but I hope that you are patient, and try to add constructive criticism. So, without any longer intro, I will introduce my guide to you :))))
Stealth is the ability of certain champions to become invisible for a determined period of time. Riot is in process of retooling stealth
Stealthed units will fade and/or disappear from enemy sight until they attack/have been attacked, or the duration of their invisibility effect expires. For some champions, using an ability that will cause them to become stealthed is preceded by a period called a "fade time", during which the champion appears partially transparent, but is still visible to enemies. During this fade time, any damage taken by the champion delays becoming invisible for a short period of time. No matter how many times a champion is hit, however, the fade time on invisibility cannot exceed five seconds. Summoner spells can be used during stealth without breaking it.
Invisible Objects and Units
The main two stealth champions, Evelynn and Twitch, possess long-term stealth but are currently undergoing a stealth overhaul.
- Akali's Twilight Shroud will stealth her until the Twilight Shroud ends or Akali steps outside of Twilight Shroud. Whenever Akali casts an ability or auto attacks inside of Twilight Shroud, she is revealed for .5 seconds. The Twilight Shroud also gives bonus armor and magic resistance for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50.
- Evelynn's Shadow Walk allows her to enter stealth after 1.5 seconds of casting for 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 seconds. The next attack or damaging ability she uses will pull her out of stealth and will slow her target by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 % for 3 seconds.
- LeBlanc's Mirror Image stealths her instantly for half a second whenever she is brought below 40% health. When the stealth ends, she creates a clone of herself that deals no damage from autoattacks, and lasts for 8 seconds. This effect can only work once a minute.
- Shaco's Deceive will immediately stealth him for 3.5 seconds and teleport him in medium distance. Note that he blinks after stealthing, thus the enemy team cannot estimate direction he went without stealth detection.
- Talon's Shadow Assault will stealth him for 2.5 seconds and gives him 40% increased movement speed. If Talon breaks the stealth, The blades around Talon will converge and return to Talon, Dealing 120/190/260 damage to any unit they pass through.
- Teemo's Camouflage will stealth him until he moves or attacks if Teemo stand still for 2 seconds. If Teemo breaks the stealth, he gains 40% bonus attack speed for 3 seconds.
- Twitch's Ambush allows him to enter stealth after 1.25 seconds of casting for 10 / 20 /30 / 40 / 50 seconds. If Twitch attacks or casts a spell while stealthed, he loses stealth but gains bonus attack speed of 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 %. This attack speed bonus has duration equal to double the amount of time Twitch was stealthed before attacking, to a maximum duration of 10 seconds.
- Vayne's Final Hour gives her increased attack damage 25 / 40 / 55 , a 1.5 second stealth after using Tumble and triple the bonus movement speed for Night Hunter.
- Wukong's Decoy will stealth him for 1.5 seconds and leaves an uncontrollable Decoy that deals 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 magic damage after 1.5 seconds.
There are various ways for a champion to gain the ability to see invisibility. A champion with this ability will see invisible enemy units as partially translucent. When a revealed invisible unit leaves the revealed area that unit does not experience a fade time; the unit immediately turns invisible again. The following is a list of possible ways to detect invisible Champions:
- Hextech Sweeper: A Legendary Item whose active Covers an area with stealth-detecting mist for 6 seconds, granting vision of units which pass through it for 6 seconds. 60 second cooldown. (1000 Range, 375 AOE estimate).
- Oracle's Elixir: A consumable potion (400g) available at the item shop that grants invisibility detection to a champion until death. Any invisible enemies enter this champion's vision range while this potion is active will be revealed.
- Oracle's Extract: A consumable potion (250g) that was designed for the game mode Dominion. Available at the item shop that grants invisibility detection to a champion for 5 minutes or until death. Any invisible enemies that enter this champion's vision range while this potion is active will be revealed.
- Vision Ward: is a consumable item When placed on the ground these stationary wards reveal an area of the map for three minutes. Any invisible enemy units within their vision radius during this time will be revealed.
The following abilities can reveal invisible units for a period of time:
- Caitlyn's Yordle Snap Trap
- Kog'Maw's Living Artillery
- Lee Sin's Tempest and Sonic Wave
- Nidalee's Bushwhack
- Nocturne's Duskbringer will provide semi-reveal. Though stealthed unit will still be immune to autoattacks and targeted spells, Duskbringer's trail will compromise position of said unit for 5 seconds, even through movement.
- Twisted Fate's Destiny
Presence detection without reveal
All abilities that do not require single target casting will affect stealthed champions but will not reveal them. These abilities can only be cast if an enemy is in range of the AoE casting circle, so when that ability is off cooldown, there is an enemy champion within the AoE.
- Evelynn's Hate Spike
- Katarina's Death Lotus
- Morgana's Soul Shackles
- Soraka's Starcall
- Teemo's Noxious Trap will explode but not reveal stealthed champions.
- Tryndamere's Mocking Shout
- Vladimir's Tides of Blood can detect stealthed champions due to the particle effect flying in their direction. The stealthed champion will not be revealed.
- Warwick's Blood Scent does not reveal stealthed champions but if they are within range and below half health, he will receive the movement speed bonus.
While skill shots that do damage and/or stun such as Ashe's Enchanted Crystal Arrow will still hit stealthed champions, they will still not be revealed. Note that the visible projectile will stop short of its trajectory and show visual and audio effects (eg. Dr. Mundo's Infected Cleaver will make a splatter and show a small eruption of blood upon impact) if a stealthed unit is hit, indicating the stealthed champion's presence but not revealing them. Here are some more ways to detect stealthed enemies since they'll function the same as if they are unseen in brush.
- Lux's Light Binding will visibly entrap the stealthed champion without revealing the champion.
- Morgana's Dark Binding will visibly entrap the stealthed champion without revealing the champion.
- Urgot's Acid Hunter can still missle lock on stealthed champions if hit with Noxian Corrosive Charge. You won't see the champion but you can see the debuff animation and follow it with your mouse.
Forcing enemies out of stealth
Taunting a stealthed enemy will cause him to attack, automatically revealing him and forcing him out of stealth. This can work if you target a visible stealthed unit or if the enemy is currently entering into stealth. With AoE taunts, such as Shen's Shadow Dash or Galio's Idol of Durand, this is easier as you can force every stealthed champion in the area to attack, even if they are invisible.