A simple passive that becomes a strong source of damage once you get even a bit of attack damage.
- Best used in between combo strikes in Broken Wings. Do your best to keep the stacks from being at max (3).
This is your primary ability on Riven. A three part combo that ends in an AOE knock up. When used, each individual use of the combo gives a stack of Runic Blade therefore making it ideal to pause between each hit to allow an auto attack.
- Two methods to go about using this. Primary method is to allow auto attack hits in between for damage to be maximized while the other is defensive or gank usage. Rushing to the final strike to get a knock up can buy precious time in conjunction with your Ki Burst for a kill or saving a team mate.
- Remember, this ability will either go in the direction you are facing or what enemy target your cursor is on. Keep this in mind so you do not go off in a direction that leads you away from an enemy you are after.
- This a great escape tool on top of your Valor.
A short albeit effective AOE stun with a range equivalent to Riven’s melee range with her ultimate active.
- If you’re against enemies with channeled ultimate abilities (Katarina for example) this can stop them dead. The damage isn’t too shabby either and could be used for a solid initiation to a fight to disrupt an enemy.
- While it is a short duration, don’t let that restrict you from saving your team mates while running. If you can get in and stun then Broken Wings away, it can easily save an endangered team mate.
A quick dash with a distance equivalent to 1 second of running at 400 movement speed. It seems short, but it can be a game changer. It also provides a well scaling shield based on Attack Damage.
- A great initiation or retreat skill. Great to escape with if you use Ki Blast prior to dashing out or dashing into the enemy to stun and using Broken Wings to escape after.
- Don’t underestimate your shield. It can be a saver especially when inflicted with Ignite or other dots. Also, can be useful against AOE or Global Ultimate abilities (think Karthus).
Blade of the Exile
An ultimate ability that has two uses. A cone AOE damage ability second use with a passive attack damage and attack range increase.
- Using the second half of this ability to hit a group of enemies or fleeing enemies can be very beneficial. The damage itself is moderate.
- Best to use it mid Valor dash when going into an enemy to maximize the effectiveness of its passive duration.