LeBlanc Build Guide by penisoid
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is a guide for the technical aspects of LeBlanc play and 3v3 unranked LeBlanc. It's been working really well for me, and is a combination of the top mobafire builds for LeBlanc (which are pretty similar and which also haven't been updated for the new masteries). This one is good because you will never need to change or deviate from it. No matter who you are fighting, build exactly the same way and you will do well. This build is fun and quick - and it's risky enough to be really freaking exciting! LeBlanc is paper thin and that's whats so fun about playing her - you could die at any second - and thats the thrill, knowing how tenuous your grasp on life is and still getting away. With good warding, map awareness, and knowledge of her escape and kill combos, you will have the other team fighting amongst themselves about who fed you and surrendering or rage quitting around 15 or 20.
Now let's begin the delicate LeBlanc dance... OF DEATH!
- There's less chance of getting a troll/afk (and if you get one you can surrender in 15).
- The games are faster.
- The map is smaller and there are less players, so it's easier to know what's going on in team fights.
- You feel like you're playing a larger role in the outcome of the game.
- Less chat/ping spam.
- "COMBOOOOOOO!!!!" -Killer Instinct announcer. Long almost "dialing" combos
- Very versatile based on Mimic usage
- The whip sound when Ethereal Chains finishes SHwooooooOOOOO-*CRACK* (you know what I'm talking about!)
- Using Distortion over the base wall into the bush right outside, killing the champ recalling in that bush, and returning safely all in about 2 seconds. BURST!
Masteries & Runes & Summoner Spells
Flash helps you escape when Distortion is on cooldown or chase to get that one last sigil of silence off.
Get one point of Ethereal Chains first. It's great for FB (first blood) gank, it's a skill shot that can be used to check bushes, cooldown is about the same as Sigil of Silence and it's more damage and you get a slow and a stun. Don't forget to use your wimpy auto-attack too. Next put one point into Distortion for escapes. After that, follow the order above.
Sigil of Silence is your big damage for PvP, and champion kills are essential to this build ( Sage and Mejai's Soulstealer), so max it first.
You need Distortion for farming after level 6. You'll start by using Distortion + Mimic( Distortion)(reactivate for shorter cooldowns) to kill large minion waves (at first this won't kill them all, so last hit with Sigil of Silence, Ethereal Chains, and your auto-attack). LeBlanc can easily be gold starved if you don't get a good start (either from good last hitting or early champion kills). Eventually your Distortion will kill all minions in a wave in one hit, without having to waste Mimic( Distortion) every time.
Gameplay and Items
- The first item is Amplifying Tome, here's a shortcut to get it faster. Instead of scrolling through menus to find this, just left click once on Void Staff (one of the "Recommended Items" in the top right half of the store menu) and double click on Amplifying Tome at the bottom, in the components for Void Staff, to buy it. Then click the "consumables" menu and buy a Health Potion. The quicker you get to the bottom middle bush, the better chance you have for FB (first blood).
- In 3v3 you can return to base more often, so when building Rabadon's Deathcap you don't have to wait until you have enough money to buy a Needlessly Large Rod to return to base, just
return, buy a Blasting Wand, and Distortion over the wall and you're back in lane. This ensures a steady AP rise throughout the game. Whenever you have enough money to buy the next item piece, blow your AP on killing a minion wave or minion camp and
back to base to get it.
- Last hitting with LeBlanc is really difficult because her auto-attack does so little melee damage. Thankfully her animation and projectile speed are pretty quick. Before level 6 play defensively and use abilities to last hit as many minions as possible (daddy needs his Mejai's Soulstealer), saving your sigil of silence for the time when two minions go to low health at the same time, or for the big minion! Don't forget to use ALL your abilities for last hitting, Ethereal Chains too. Don't be stingy with mana, you need the gold and can always
and can Distortion over the wall to get back into lane.
- Harass with Sigil of silence + Distortion[silence procs] + [reactivate] Distortion but remember your main focus is on last hitting minions! Try to last hit some minions with the harass.
Early Game Walkthrough:
If you get stuck in bottom lane with a lane pushing champ or AD melee you're going to have a tough time last hitting. Take every last hit you can get, even if it means stealing his. These champs don't even have to think about last hitting. You have to work hard for all of them so unfocus your vision a little so you can see all the minions health bars, and hit as many as you can with abilities and your auto-attack.
After Sorcerer's Shoes, BUY A sight ward (or 2) EVERY TIME YOU GO BACK TO BASE. You will be reWARDed. It keeps your entire team from being ganked, it protects your Mejai's Soulstealer stacks, and helps you set up kills (she's an assassin after all). If you are fighting invisible characters, buy Vision Ward (but more sparingly). A well placed Vision Ward shuts Twitch down completely. Try to annoy/guilt your teammates into buying wards as well. If LeBlanc does not initiate she will die quicker than a 20-stacked- Mejai's Soulstealer- LeBlanc killing Tryndamere from a bush (which is so quickly that he can't Undying Rage). There needs to be a ward in the middle or at the dragon (both are better) at all times. For Vision Ward I like whatever bush the invisible character is using as his base. Wherever Shaco has his boxes stacked is where he feels the most comfortable. Usually inside the bottom right or left bush entrance to the middle. Get a Vision Ward in there! Wards are an essential part of playing LeBlanc. Avoid being KO'd by a kiss on the cheek from Jarvan IV, use plenty of wards.
- To get a little extra range, make sure you are walking toward the target during the Ethereal Chains animation. LeBlanc will pause just a half-second to shoot the chain, then continue walking while it shoots.
- Wait until the animation for Sigil of Silence actually begins to use your Mimic( Sigil of Silence), because Mimic won't change to Mimic( Sigil of Silence) until the Sigil of Silence animation starts! Many times I've used Sigil of Silence on a champ but was out of range, so LeBlanc starts walking towards them, and then I use Mimic and it's a Mimic( Ethereal Chains) or Mimic( Distortion), ruining the kill, and usually getting me killed because I'm so confused about what just happened.
- If you have Mimic( Sigil of Silence) already keyed up, use it before Sigil of Silence in any of these Sigil of Silence + Mimic( Sigil of Silence) combos. It will ensure you get the greater damage from Mimic( Sigil of Silence) when it is procced by Sigil of Silence and start its cooldown a little sooner.
- Reactivating Distortion and Mimic( Distortion) lowers the cooldown (you dont have to wait out the 3 second reactivation period), so always reactivate it when jungling or when it's convenient.
- Everyone is going to be super pissed when they see you are owning and have Mejai's Soulstealer and will enter a tower-diving- Youmuu's Ghostblade-activating blood-rage when LeBlanc so much as sticks her big toe out of a bush, so always think carefully about reactivating Distortion in a team fight (you will usually want to). It gives you distance and also helps you line up the Ethereal Chains skillshot better.
- Ethereal Chains does half its damage on hit and procs again for half in a few seconds. If you Ethereal Chains + Mimic( Ethereal Chains) the same opponent you will interrupt the first Ethereal Chains and not get half the damage of the first chain. Chaining multiple chasers is OK, but the Escape Combo(see "Combos" section) is safer if your Mimic is up and more reliable (but probably not as fun).
- Distortion resets its return marker when you cast Mimic( Distortion). For example, you can't cast Distortion + Mimic( Distortion) and then reactivate the first one to return all the way back to the first place you used it, you can only reactivate the Mimic( Distortion) and return to the last place you used it from. Which is lame! Riot hotfix please!
- If you use Sigil of Silence (or Mimic( Sigil of Silence)) and then immediately use Distortion, you can actually hit them with Distortion while your Sigil of Silence is still flying through the air. Therefore the Sigil of Silence won't be there to proc when Distortion hits. This can result in you missing out on a lot of damage. Make sure your timing is right by waiting a split second after using Sigil of Silence to use Distortion. You don't have to worry about this with Ethereal Chains, it's too slow.
*use Ignite with any of these combos
Escape combo (this must become a reflex, you will die if stunned):
Alternate (if Distortion is on cooldown):
*Try walking into a bush, Distortion out and running into another bush or as far as you can toward the enemy base, then reactivating Distortion. Either Improved Recall from there ASAP or run the opposite direction to safety.
Safety combo (you got a clean shot from the bushes, don't have to worry about connecting a skill shot to get the damage):
Hop Over Wall Hop Out Kill:
*This is good for the bush right outside the inner tower where ppl teleport back.
Combo VS Melee Brawler (they start right next to you, hitting you):
Now use Distortion to return to the original spot and run the opposite way. He will probably chase you, Sigil of Silence and Ethereal Chains him again as soon as it's off cooldown. You can kite him like this until your Distortion is back, but NOBODY is going to stick around very long after getting pwn-kited like this. Might take some practice to get this down reliably.
Jumping Over Walls
LeBlanc can jump in and out of the base without vision and over most walls on the 3v3 map.
One of the worst feelings when playing LeBlanc comes in the form of the failed wall jump. When you have three guys chasing you and are one hit away from death, it's easy to mis- Distortion into base, and remain in place, and die. You can use Flash as a back up. Otherwise, you're boned! Here are the tricks for jumping over the FIRST TIME.
*Remember that Distortion is not a fixed range ability, it will only go as far as you click and only within it's ability radius. When jumping walls you always want the max distance, so click just outside the ability radius circle to make sure you get it.
Into the Base From Outside
Jumping Out of the Base
The camera angles are weird and it can take some practice to do these jumps every time. Don't be what the French call "les incompetant" (yes that's a Home Alone quote), play some solo custom games and practice until you get the hang of it.
Using Mirror Image
Basically mirror image is about three things: blocking attacks, scouting, and escape.
Mistletoe LeBlanc skin - *WARNING*
Know before you buy:
This is a premium 975 RP skin, yet is just a palette swap with no special animations or voices. :-( : :
(Cape looks cool though)
Getting the Most Out Of Your Games
Everybody has a bad game sometimes. Throwing that in their face and calling them names won't make the situation any better, it will make it worse. That person will start to feel frustrated and defeated and their play will reflect that. They already know they are having a bad game. A "You'll get them next time", "np" or "That guy is OP" goes a long way towards a better game for everyone.
Sometimes they will lash out at you because they are frustrated with their own fail or what they perceive to be yours. Many a public chat will say only "LEBLANC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!". Just let it go. Say "sorry", even if you don't think you've done anything wrong.
Don't feed the trolls, set them to ignore through the tab menu and report them after the game.
Twisted Treeline Guide by Calisto