Pantheon Build Guide by Skullcmk
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi and welcome to my jungle pantheon guide. Pantheon is one of my most played champion and my actual main jungker. I think that Jungle Pantheon is extremely powerful but also underplayed. His level 2 ganks are godly and are on par with shaco, although not many people realize this. In this guide i will try to explain why and how i play jungle pantheon
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ Strong gank
+ Heavy damage early, mid game
+ Gank at level 2
+ Ult perfect for ganks
- Grand Skyfall hard to aim for good ganks
- Counter by Hard CC team
- Manavore (low on mana(blue dependant early))
- high health champion are problem some times
I go 21/9/0. The reasons are that Pantheon is built very aggressively early to mid game, so 21 in offense is necessary. The extra crit damage and extra % damage when the enemy is under a certain health scales extremely well with Pantheon's heartseeker strike passive.
You need +6 armor, -4 minion damage, and 6 damage reflected to creeps to be able to jungle with boots and maintain a healthy health bar.
The other 3 points don't really matter that much, just put them where you prefer. I prefer the MR and smite mastery.
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed: Attack speed allows pantheon's passive to block damage more often. Helps you sustain in jungle.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: AD scales amazingly with pantheon, but you can use 9 AS marks if you want.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Self explanatory, needed in the jungle.
- Greater Glyph of Attack Speed: Attack speed allows pantheon's passive to block damage more often. Helps you sustain in jungle.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: AD scales amazingly with pantheon and makes your ganks all the more scary. Pantheon is all about getting early ganks, so flat AD is better than ArPen on him.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Smite: Deals 445-870 true damage (depending on champion level) to target enemy minion or pet. (70 second cooldown.)
Simte is your a jungler so smite is your tool.
Smite is use for :
* Secure buffs, Dragon and baron
* Steal buffs, dragon, baron from the enemy team
* Troll Annie by smiting "TIBBERS"
Flash: Teleports your champion toward your cursor's location. (265 second cooldown.)
Flash is a very good spell for pantheon
Flash is use for :
* Escape (obviously)
* Flash + W (stun) combo (If your ap mid has a reliable stun, (annie, TF, sion, swain, etc), it is basically free first blood.)
* JUKES people like a pro :P
- PASSIVE: After attacking or casting spells 4 times, Pantheon will block the next normal attack that deals more than 40 damage to him.
This is one of the best passives in game. It helps Pantheon maintain a high HP bar in the jungle and is what allows him to destroy AD carries and other junglers like shaco, lee sin.
- Spear Shot (Q): Pantheon hurls his spear at an opponent, dealing 65/105/145/185/225 + 140% of his bonus attack damage in physical damage. Certain Death causes Spear Shot to critically strike for 1.5x damage
Cooldown 4 seconds
Cost 45 mana
Great for finishing off people during ganks because it can crit. It scales extremely well with AD, which is why I run Flat AD runes rather than ArPen. Max this first. Does not apply on hit effects (red buff).
- Aegis Of Zeonia (W): Pantheon leaps at the target enemy champion and deals 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+100% of ability power) magic damage and stuns them for 1 second. Pantheon also instantly refreshes his Aegis Protection.
Cooldown 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Cost 70 mana
This stun is the reason why he is viable in the jungle, and it makes him one of the strongest gankers. Don't be afraid to flash+stun to set up a gank in lane, especially mid lane.
- Heartseeker Strike (E): Passive: Pantheon gains 100% critical strike chance against targets below 15% of their max health.
Active: Pantheon focuses and deals 3 swift strikes in front of him for 13/23/33/43/53 + 60% of his bonus attack damage as physical damage per strike. Deals double damage to champions. Channels for 0.75 seconds
Cooldown 10/9/8/7/6 seconds
Cost 45/50/55/60/65 mana
Late game this does TONS of damage if you aren't behind. However, early game, autoattacks are more important then taking the .75 seconds to cast this because it is very weak.
Hidden Passive: His lifesteal doubles on targets below 15%. The 3% mastery and 2 dorans blades totals to 9% lifesteal, which becomes 18% on low health targets: Great for his sustain
- Grand Skyfall (R): Pantheon gathers his strength and then leaps high into the air for 2 seconds, crashing down at the target area 1.5 seconds later. Deals up to 400 / 700 / 1000 (+100% of ability power) magic damage to units at the center (down to 50% at the edge) and slows them by 35% for 1 second.
Cost 150 / 250 / 350 mana
This ultimate makes or breaks a pantheon player. Read the section on how to use the ultimate.
Why W maxed after E? Although Pantheon is a ganking-oriented champ and leveling increases his burst.
Why Q over E? Early game, does not help your jungle speed even though its AoE. actually lets you jungle fast. It is also much better for ganks because you'll be able to use it at least 2 times most of the time. only starts doing damage once you have a lot of AD.
: good all around item for jungling and give you a free ward. The reason i use wriggle is the ward and the armor. In most case your enemy jungler will be an ad Jungler so the Armor help alot vs your rival and vs jungle creeps. The ward help me to counter jungle for blue/red buff *depend of the enemy jungler*
: The attack speed bonus is really great for faster jungler time and help alot with your passive since 4 attacks or skills = 1 free block well ore As mean more shields
: in the late game sell
and by this. Last whisper scale really well with your Q and E for your DPS. Late game bruisers tend to go with armor stacking to counter top,jungler, Ad carry.
: health + slow on every hit = Are you trying to run away? I guess you wont because i slow you too much :P
: Scale well with pantheon abilities for damage and your a little tanky so this item is still good even with the nerf he got
- : health regen, magic resist and more walking speed its perfect for pantheon. I call thiws tem run afther me in the jungle while i regen then i kill you
Creeping / Jungling
Start Wolves -> Blue buff. Get your team to help you especially if you start boots.
If you start on blue team, gank either mid or top at level 2, whichever has a stun or seems more of a sure kill.
If you are on purple team, gank mid at level 2. Ganking bot lane at level 2 is much more difficult because of wards and the heal SS meta.
After that, clear your jungle and do ganks in between. With Pantheon, there really is no set route because he is so ganking oriented. Remember that you generally want be spending more time ganking than farming.
If your blue gets invaded, just do wraiths then red, and gank either mid or top level 2 as well.
Against smart players, you will most likely have to flash -> stun to secure FB to stunlock the enemy if your solo lane has a stun. Don't be afraid to use your flash.
Also, if you are ganking and the enemy counter ganks, you should be able to most 2v2 fights because panth is just so strong early game. However, I can't say every situation, so you will learn with experience.