Not Updated For Current Season
Galio can be your best friend or your worst enemy. He can be awesome, or he can be terrible.
He is known as a "mage-tank," and he has some of the best escape abilities in the game. I use this build to show off his survivability, as well as his insane harassment and farming abilities with E and Q.
The positives with this build are:
-Good vs all types of attack
-200+ both armor AND magic resist
-High mana regen and cooldown reduction (needed for harassment)
-Good Ability Power
The negatives are:
-Relatively low health (for a tank)
-Less damage with ultimate (from less damage taken)
-Lack of Sunfires (because some people just love those).
I suggest this build for Summoner's Rift, rather than Twisted Treeline.
1. Meki Pendant + health pot + mana pot
2. Meki into Chalice
3. Boots of swiftness > Ninja Tabi OR Mercury Treads (depending on enemy team comp)
4. Aegis of the Legion
5. Frozen Heart
6. Abyssal Scepter
7. Zhonya's Ring
8. Sell Chalice, buy Guardian Angel OR Thornmail
9. Elixirs of Intelligence and Fortitude
1. By level 3-4 in E, you should be able to auto-clear the caster minion waves with a double-cast of E and Q.
2. Harass like CRAZY with E earth on, and sometimes with Q if you have enough mana
3. The Health potion isn't needed sometimes, but it's just a precaution if they are zealously harassing and you need to survive in-lane for longer.
4. After the laning phase, when you're not busy ganking or dead, clear out wraith, wolf and golem camps for extra gold and experience. Don't forget to farm minion waves too!
5. Late game, with these items, you should be getting into the 400's of AP (with elixir) and 200-300+ Armor and magic Resistance.