Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
Item Build Explanation:
1. Always always always always start with Boots of Speed + 3 Health pots. Health pots, bar none, provide the most survivability at the beginning of the game. Think about it for a second. TF with this rune setup and talents starts off with about 600 hp. 3 health pots restore 600 hp. Essentially, for a mere 105 gold, you are giving yourself 600 hp.
2. The minute you get 1110 gold, and you are level 6, bluepill back to base and buy a Giant's Belt. This item will eventually build into your Frozen Mallet later in the game and will provide you with 430 more health to work with. I have said this time and time again. Health is overpowered early game. After you get your belt, obviously ult, and try to kill someone, if there is no one to kill just teleport back to your lane.
3. The Next item i get is a BF sword, which i get as soon as i hit 1850 gold. No explanation needed, it gives damage.
4. Finish up your Berserker's Greaves
5. After this you should start building towards your Infinity Edge. Once you get your Infinity Edge, you will be able to take someones health down to half from full in the duration of your gold card.
6. After you have your Infinity Edge, you will find that you have Health and Damage, but are missing some attack speed and crit. This is where you build your Zeal.
7. At this point, take a look at your score. Do you have at least 2 more kills than deaths? If yes. Then finish Phantom Dancer. If no then pick up Phage.
8. Get whatever item you didn't get in #7
9. Finish this off with your Frozen Mallet
10. At this point the game should be pretty much over, if not over already. If it isn't, then most likely the reason is someone with lots of armor that you can't kill. If this is this case. It is time to get a Black Cleaver, or a Last Whisper. I prefer the Black Cleaver because it also helps you against low armor targets quite a bit. It is really your choice.
11. Cap it off with a Bloodthirster if the game STILL isn't over.
Experimenting on Items:
Currently the above build is the one i use. However, a friend of mine suggested to forgo crit altogether and just go for AD and Arpen. He said that instead of Infinity Edge i should Get a Bloodthirster. So, if someone would try out the following item build and let me know how it works. I would appreciate it.
1. Boots of Speed + 3 Health Pots
2. Giant's Belt
3. BF Sword
4. Berserker's Greaves
6. Last Whisper
7. Frozen Mallet
8. BF Sword
9. Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver if heavy armor
10. Whichever you didn't get in #9
Rune Build Explanation
You may have noticed from earlier that i LOVE survivability. This rune setup gives great survivability and IMO is the best setup possible early gave for ANY champ. I use magic pen on champs that cast spells obviously.
9x Desolation gives Arpen, obviously a great choice.
9x Resilience and
9x Warding gives you enough Armor/Magic resist to rival tanks in early game. This on top of your 3x Health quints will make it very difficult for you to be ganked early game with some awareness.
The way i see it is. You are giving up your late game runes for early game dominance. And when you dominate early game, it snowballs into lategame. This is why i believe this rune setup is the best in the game.
Ghost - Ghost is probably the best Summoner Spell in the game. It even more enhances your early game survivability and dominance, as well as being a great chase spell. Great on defense and offense.
Flash - Basically, the same reasons as ghost, its a great way to escape. Flash then Ghost is one of the best ways to get out of trouble.