Twisted Fate Build Guide by vonm und zum Stein
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Tf is the champ i gain the best win/lose ratio with. Here are my ideas of playing him.
i will beginn with some Basics:
1. Tf is weak! u have to realize that. Its almost impossible to 1on1 any other champ. But he is probably the best teamplayer in game.
2. do not waste ur ult. wait for the right situations, after its already initiated, for example.
3. You do not need the kills. try to get ur bot and toplane fed. u will still be usefull and get your money through farm. See urself as a "high dmg support"
4. Play safe. everytime u die it equals one kill u granted your other lanes
5. in some situations you have to "blind-pick", because there is no time. dont be afraid. recognize that situations, be lucky with goldcard or, at least, do some dmg with red or blue. **** happens .. allways q after it
if not banned you should pick Twisted Fate. there is a reason why he is banned on highelo-soloqueue
there are two ways of countering tf (correct me if i am wrong)
1. picking someone that can push the hell out of tf's tower, as soon as he ganks, and makes him lose farm
2. picking an antimage-assasine. tf is so weak and easy to kill pre and after lvl 6
both ways doesnt really hurt yu, if handeled right, because
if case 1: let your tower fall. safe farm at your second tower and roam even without ulti
if case 2: pick the second given build, play safe, farm with q and under your turret. now u see yourself as a "not-so-high-dmg support". but u can still get your other lanes fed. but be aware of counterroams
tf is actually kind of strong pre lvl 6 on lane. he does not have the absolute kill-combos, but he can harras pretty hard with blue card and q. Through that he doesnt even has mana problems. hit as many blue cards as possible, last hit with blue cards. but be aware: if u push your lane without wards u should not have "pick a card" on cooldown, for goldcard escape, if jungler swings by. just farm here.
go back as soon as you hit lvl 6 and can afford sheen + 2 wards. return to your lane, push it and be ready to gank (remember dont waste your ulti). Try to allways push your lane before u gank.
try to get the oponent jungle warded. that enables some awesome ultis.
help your top and bot to get kills, dont die and farm.
Do not initiate!
stand close to your ad-carry
if bruiser comes to ad-carry -> gold card+q -> adc kills
clean up with ulti
that seems awkward. but try it out. u will have the highest dmgoutput ingame, the least kills, most assists, and most important: win the game ;)
why do i get the items and why in this order?
sheen first i recognized on Forellenlord and it makes quite sense. after u get it as soon as u are lvl 6 it maximizes ur dmgoutput for a nuke-gank more than anything else.
Rabadons next, because u still want the strongest possible ganks. going directly for is a waste because after u dont have any ap jet, the passive isnt better than sheen's.
Banshees why not guardian, for example? Because this build is so squishy. if stunned once or slowed or whatever u are pretty much dead. NO matter if you have ga Thornmail or any other defensive item. You trie to avoid that, stay behind, and have a spellshield. If they come for you : Run and Stun!
I like Morellos because of the cooldowns. more "q-spamming" :P
Build 2: its just playing passive, not dieing, getting less farm and just ganking with less cooldowns