Build Guide by BaitOrBeBaited
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
- Starting Items:+> Obtain Passive at level 1 with slight extra survivability
- Next:/> Bit extra speed that will help Akali keep up on her Mark of the Assassin. It will give her the slight needed speed boost to get that hit in before the enemy champion has the chance to just barely move out of range in the beginning. The Mejai's Soulstealer will be much more useful early on since Akali doesn't need to be boosting her Ability Power right away seeing as she has very good potential burst damage without high AP. Building up Akali's AP right away will be very useful as compared to say getting a Sheen first or any other item.
- Next:> The Hextech Revolver is a useful survivability item for Akali. It keeps her alive a bit longer in any fight, as well as continuous laning to get levels and more gold at a faster pace.
- Next:> The Sorcerer's Shoes are a good addition to Akali's speed, as well as a bit added magic penetration to stack with her runes. Building these next is still better than added damage to keep up with the small amount of magic resist the enemy champion tanks might have, as well as most champion's speeds.
- Next:> Now that we have a good amount of ability power, we must build Sheen to boost some of Akali's attacks by a decent amount and will be used later to build her Lich Bane anyway.
- Next:> Rylai's Crystal Scepter is a great addition to Akali's build at this point in the game. Many team fights will be taking place and as Akali you want to stay alive long enough to kill someone AND escape, and then go back in after casting your shroud to relieve threat from you. As well as the health and AP boost, the slow greatly extends her ability to keep up with the enemy. One shadow dash will activate this passive and keep the enemy champion at your reach. NO ESCAPE!
- Next:> Now Lich Bane can be built to greatly increase Akali's moves. Her Shadow Dash will be the one to gain this damage increase most of the time. She will hit for around (400-450 x 50% = 200-225) AP + 250 AP from Shadow Dash = 450-475 AP with each Shadow Dash and then the next auto-attack would be an added 400-450 from Lich Bane now!
- Next:> The Void Staff will be SUCH a good damage enhancer. It gives some good AP and it gives 40% spell penetration! Those magic resist tanks wont be too aggressive anymore! Show them who is boss :O
- Lastly:> The final item will be Hextech Gunblade to complete the item build off for a bit more survivability and a decent slow ability if needed.
- Replacement:> The Zhonya's Ring can be replaced instead of the Hextech Gunblade for much for AP if survivability isn't your thing and are confident in your survivability in fights.
- I have chosen a standard 9/21/0 mastery build for Akali. The reason being is mainly to grab the spell penetration mastery in the offense tree and the added survivability in defense as well as the Ardor talent which increases Akali's ability power by 2% + 2% more by level 18.
- The runes i have chosen are a bit strange as they do not fit the 'standard' 9/9/9/3 builds. The reason being is that with these exact runes, you will be able to start with your spell vamp passive(as long as you purchase Doran's Blade) AND by level three, in combination with the mastery Archmage's Savvy(.6 AP per level) and Ardor(+2% AP and an additional + ~.003% per level), obtain your second passive which adds 10% magic damage. This will give you a good boost in damage and will be able to get Mejai's Soulstealer because you do not need an item to give you the AP needed for Twin Disciples +10% Magic Damage increase.
- > The reason i have chosen flash is for one main reason. When an enemy sees you charging at them so that you may be in range for your Shadow Dash, they tend to run backwards and out of range. With well coordinated cursor placement and the use of key binds('R'), you should be able to almost double flash. This will increase the range of shadow dash by almost double(~1600)! No one will expect you to do this and you will most likely succeed in getting a kill, if not pushing them to return to heal.
- Try to use this combo only when the enemy is around 1/2 health as Flash has a
long cooldown and waiting can be a pain :(
- > Ignite can help in pretty much 2 ways. Reduces those pesky heals form support enemy champions by 50% AND will add some damage to help with the kill.
- Early Game-Mid-Game I tend to farm minions as much as possible and just let the kills come to me. It can be good to try and gank middle or sides, but a failed gank leads to loss of gold/experience. Basically I play it cool till late game and slowly add stacks onto my Mejai's Soulstealer till then.
- Late Game is when its time to hide and wait for an enemy champion to be at half health and kill them quick! Make your way out of combat and jump right back onto the next low target. Rinse and repeat and don't over-extend so that we do not lose our stacks on Mejai's Soulstealer.
Thanks for checking out my build and please rate appropriately!