Not Updated For Current Season
I was always looking for a decent guide but couldnt find one that had suited my needs as a constant Vlad user. What i wanted was not the complete reliability on the massive health but the ability to drain health as a primary attack. This combination of assorted ability power with additional help has to this day made me undefeated with this set up when it comes to constant duels.
1. At the first stages of Vlad (Lvl 1-6) use constant hit and run as then it is made hard for an opposing hero to hit you and if they do by using Transfusion they only end up hurting them selves. A perfect 1-2-3 combo i tend to use in the early stages is Transfusion-Sanguine Pool-Transfusion. This is a good way to start off but of course when you reach level 6 use Hemoplague as a final knockout if the opposing hero is not dead already.
2. Make sure you are accurate with who you choose to drain hp from and for the love of all things good do not tower dive for a hero unless you are certain of living and your final blow is infact Transfusion to prevent a lucky 5 miles tower kill.
3. (LvL 7-13) GANK GANK GANK Vlad for me has been great for ganks becuase when you go up to an opposing hero in a flee Sanguine Pool is a great way to slow them down and hence giving you the ability to rise up and hit them as well as maybe a finishing touch or more damage to add on.
4. Dont be cocky. Vlad is a power house in my opinion but when he is ganked you can almost kiss him good bye. An unsucessful use of Sanguine Pool when fleeing can ultimatley lead in your death.
5. Try to be solo if possible. Vlad becomes an important stronger power in the later levels to a point where it is almost ridiculous but of course when you reach LVL 14 you can assert yourself with allies and help lane pushing and massive ganking.
OF COURSE THIS GUIDE IS NOT PERFECTED BUT SO FAR IT HAS WORKED LIKE A GEM FOR ME AND I WILL SOON ADD PRETTY PICTURES SO DONT BADGER MY LACK OF IMAGERY. ENJOY!