Welcome to my guide on how to learn Twisted Fate.
Let it be a reminder that this guide will not fully develop your skills into playing him but highly consider the information when you are having trouble learning his abilities.
As a start, I would like to say that Twisted Fate is one of the hardest champions to master as an Ability Power Carry. (AP Carry)
Q: What makes him such a tough champion?
A: Simply, because you need to react. It may seem very easy to look at a champion and try him/her out and enjoy what he/she does, but Twisted Fate has an odd play-style.
As of any other champion, Twisted Fate has his ups and downs.
- Has a very nice flow of stuns.
- Superb damage dealt from a distance.
- Nice entrance to a team fight.
- Ultimate that provides vision of all enemy champions regardless of stealth.
- Does not burst as much as most other AP Carries although has consistent burst.
- Limited range on ultimate.
- EXTREMELY difficult to pick a card under pressure unless practiced.
- EXTREMELY squishy.
Twisted Fate throws three cards, dealing damage to each enemy unit they pass through.
Throws three cards that deal 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.65) magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through.
Cost : 60/70/80/90/100 Mana
Range : 1450
Twisted Fate chooses a magic card from his deck, and uses that for his next attack, causing bonus effects.
Cast once to shuffle the deck and again to choose your card, enhancing your next attack.
Blue Card deals 40/60/80/100/120 (+) (+0.4) magic damage, restoring mana equal to 65% of the damage dealt.
Red Card deals 30/45/60/75/90 (+) (+0.4) magic damage to units around the target and slows their movement speeds by 30/35/40/45/50%.
Gold Card deals 15/22.5/30/37.5/45 (+) (+0.4) magic damage and stuns for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
Cost : 40/55/70/85/100 Mana
Range : 200
Every 4 attacks, Twisted Fate deals bonus damage. In addition, his attack speed is increased and his cooldowns are decreased.
Passive: Every 4 attacks, Twisted Fate deals an additional 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.4) magic damage.
In addition, his attack speed is increased by 3/6/9/12/15% and his cooldowns are decreased by 3/6/9/12/15%. Nice.
Twisted Fate predicts the fortunes of his foes, revealing all enemy champions and enabling the use of Gate.
Reveals all enemy champions (including stealthed champions) on the map for 6/8/10 seconds.
While Destiny is active, Twisted Fate can teleport up to 5500 units away.
Cost : 150/125/100 Mana
Range : 5500
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT SUCCESSFULLY MASTER PICKING CARDS ON YOUR FIRST TRY.
Putting the cards back...
Corny chapter titles... please bear with me.
Quick tips that you should know :
- Use your Red Card and Wild Cards to clear waves in an instant.
- Use your ultimate under circumstances that require immediate vision such as Baron Nashor and Dragon or you can use it for ganking lanes.
- Twisted Fate's damage can be to its full potential once you have a Gold Card locked in, a fully stacked deck and with your Lich Bane bonus on.
Thank you for taking your time and reading this guide!
Happy New Years