Yorick Build Guide by Pomaa
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Yorick is not someone who runs in guns blazing and solo's someone from 100%. This build is for solo top player who take there time and wait until the opportune moment. Items do vary on what your enemy team is running, don't follow this build word for word.
Runes I find quite flexible the one's I show in this guide are the most practical but I also find flat AD fun because of the insane early game damage. Also Mana Regen are not to bad but as long as you acquire Meki Pendant and dont mash your keyboard they are not required.
Manamune is essential to Yorick not only for the mana but the damage as well
Mercury's Treads are a really nice defensive item obviously is the enemy team is running majority AD then Ninja Tabi would be a smarter investment
Spirit Visage is one of the most important items in this build it give's increased healing towards your Omen of Famine (E), magic resist and health which increase's your AD when you purchase Atma's Impaler
Trinity Force is a wonderful item, expensive but who can complain with AD, AS, AP, Crit, Mana and Health. If Trinity Force is not your fancy then I would recommend a Frozen Mallet, it will give you not only heath but AD and additional AD with Atma's plus the slow which will ensure runaway kills for your team.
Atma's Impaler is great for this build because by the end of this build the additional AD will be around 70, plus the AD from other items. Not only AD but the added Armour and Crit Chance will serve you well in team fights.
Finally Warmog's Armor for the high health and the AD with Atma's, witch will make you an unstoppable killing machine.
Other Optional items include Sunfire Cape, The Bloodthirster, Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart, Force of Nature, Banshee's Veil, Youmuu's Ghostblade
Yorick has a variety of skills in his arsenal which are all effective in their own way I will explain each skill below.
Unholy Covenant (Passive) An underrated passive that makes you VERY tanky throughout the game with all of the ghouls up. This also increases your damage 5% per ghoul on top of that so you can put out some great damage.
Omen of War (Q) This is a great ability that some people seem to dismiss as being average. It gives bonus damage and movement speed on hit and also summons the strongest/fastest physical attack ghoul. This ability is great to use to last hit and once you kill the minion it will run over to the nearest champ and attack them. This skill is excellent to use in combination with W then E then Q as they will have 3 ghouls smashing them and strong auto attacks.
Omen of Famine (W) Yoricks bread and butter skill that you should be maxing first. This ghoul does very nice damage and has a heal on cast ASWELL as a lifesteal effect. Do not only use this ghoul to simple heal up on minions as it can be used to ranged last hit, harass and get that last damage on a fleeing enemy. This is just an overall amazing ability do not hesitate to use this often unless you need to savoir your mana.
Omen of Pestilence (E) This is the AOE slow and harass ghoul. This ghoul also has many uses such as initiating, slowing enemy, bush checking and escaping. Do not forget that this ghoul has an initial slow plus keeps slowing while the ghoul is alive. Sometimes you will be being chased down cast this ghoul behind you even if they aren't in range and it will slow the enemy once it reaches them and they will be too focused on killing you to fight the ghoul so it will continue to slow. When you harass use this first and then E as it slows them to allow your ghouls to do more auto attacks.
Omen of Death (R) This Ultimate is good do not get me wrong but it has to be uses properly in order for it to be effective and these uses vary greatly depending on the situation I will outline some uses below.
1. Tower damage : if you cast this on yourself or a nearby carry and Alt right click the tower plus you and your team start hitting the tower you can do some great damage to it. I have also used this ulti just to send him into a guarded tower to get the last few hits on it while I watch from safety.
2. Revive : if you have an able carry on your team who is fed then you can use this on them to make a strong copy and also revive them for a short period after death to get revenge. Often you will find your carry wastes it though and since you build so much AD it is also nice to use it on yourself and make the best use of the afterlife.
3. Killing : you can pop this on yourself or carry and fight single or multiple targets with it as it puts out some good damage. If you are fighting a tough 1v1 pop this and basically make it a 2v1.
3. Juking : in a frantic team fight when you are low and want to escape I have popped this and sent it into the enemy team for them to focus on it while I escape with low hp. Smart players will ignore it I am just letting you know it can work and it has saved my life a few times.
4. Cooldown blowing : Popping it and sending it into an enemy team sometimes makes them blow their cooldowns on it because they are either stupid or believe it is an actual player. This can also allow the tank to run in after and get a clean un interrupted initiate.
So as you can see all Yoricks abilities have their uses and all work well together with his passive.
As a tank you'll need to start ****. This can be done a number of ways. A simple flash initiation works, but it can be easily avoided by a smart player. Most of the time I will snag someone squishy with my W and tunnel vision them to generate threat. The key is to be one step ahead of the enemy team while using this simple strategy. Warding helps provide the much needed map control to successfully setup on an enemy team. It is important that you punish enemies that are in your reach and overextended. A simple fact, but its important to note.
When in a lane you want to harass with Omen of Famine (E), if you see an opening the initiate with Omen of Pestilence (W) and follow with Omen of War and then hit them with an Omen of Famine. Do not pop Omen of Death (R) unless you know that you can stay on them for a while and get hit's out (because there is no point in chasing someone with your ult and not getting hits off, it becomes pointless) or you have a chance of dieing, but if you should put yourself in a situation where you could die.
I would recommend always having Flash and Ignite being the only thing you would ever swap.
Other recommended Summoner Spells would be Teleport which I highly useful for top, Ghost but when you have Flash and a slow then Ghost isn't very Practical,
Pros / Cons
- Can be an amazing farmer with ghouls and nice AD.
- Great pusher.
- Ultimate can change the outcome of a fight.
- Great 1v1 champ
- Amazing sustain in lane.
- Can be built pretty tanky with only a couple items.
- AMAZING harass.
- Passive makes him super tanky in team fights.
- Can be Mana starved if you do not build tears/Manamune.
- No escape abilities (besides slow ghoul).
- W ghoul scales with AP and will basically only be used for the slow late game.
- Q is great but only gives movement speed when you hit them.
- Ultimate can be buggy and wasted if not used wisely
I hope you enjoy my guide, its not to in-depth but simple and easy to understand, please vote and comment. Thank you!