Yorick Build Guide by rafiqofmany
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Alright, when Yorick first came out, i bought him just as i promised. Within the first 2 games i noticed he was trash, his abilities were quite cool, ****py ultimate, but all his stats were WAY too low. Still, i played him and was able to at least stay even on my k/d ratios. THEN, he got buff.. HARD. So here it is, the most efficient build i have seen so far.
You normally don't see a rune build that splits the 9 into 2 types but i did with the seals. The reason being that i notice with the dodge mastery, 9 runes were not neccesary; and with getting only mana regen to start off, the hp regen in 4 seals of vigor AND one quint of vigor, he can solo top lane extremely efficiently.
1. Tear of Goddess WILL make it possible to lane and not suffer the rest of the game, especially since it builds into manamune.
2. Warmogs WILL make you be able to solo 2 champions once it is at full stacks. Your ghouls will be strong enough to hit 3-5 times each while you have enough hp to initiate team fights.
3. Trinity Force is... Trinity Force.. soo.. get it.
4. I rarely get a game drawn out longer than me getting trinity. I usually win and keep it until game is over. If i never get items, well that means their team is fed and we lost.
1. Getting Omen of Pestilence(w) first makes life a ton easier, especially when soloing top lane vs 2.(which is how i play) The reason being that dropping it in brush will give you vision, is there is a champion there, not only will you see him, the ghoul WILL chase them, giving you extended vision, and they will be slowed. That vision from a range and the slow help you avoid face-checking a bush, which often kills you level 1.
2. Depending on how aggressive your opponents are in the lane, the second skill is totally up to you. If they are harassing you to no end, get E with lifesteal; try to use it on the enemy champion, many times they will either back away from the minion wave or ignore the ghouls, granting you advantage either way. IF you get the aggressor, getting Q, Omen of War, you can beat them pretty good, shall they attack you, AND last hit minions better.
3. DO NOT MAX OUT YOUR ULTI. it is not worth it, the cooldown doesn't matter because it won't TOTALLY save you, you don't come back for very long and the extra hp on the copy isn't very purposeful. Get it at level 6 and don't worry about it until level 16
Teleport, especially when soloing top lane, will get you the items you need when you need them. Once my Teleport is off cooldown, that is usually the exact time i need to go to base to buy tear of goddess, warmogs, then boots/manamune.
Exhaust WILL get you kills. your E ability slows then, Exhaust slows them more, and your Q gives you movement speed. They will seem to stand still while you wreck them.
DO IT. last hit minions like it's your job, especially easy with 3 ghouls fighting for you and Omen of War dealing wonderful damage when you need it. ALSO, once you get warmogs, clear as many jungle minions and last hit EVER lane minion to get max-stacks as quickly as possible.