Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jarvin IV and Mana

Creator: Bukiyo March 2, 2011 12:53pm
Bukiyo
<Member>
Bukiyo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 12:53pm | Report
Alright, new to the forums here, but am having some difficulty figuring out what to do with Jarvin.

I'm a fan of both the Trinity Force and Lichbane attack effects, and since I saw Jarvin being a melee character with mana, immediately went with TF thinking it would be a good way to offset his small mana pool, and a decent way to put out damage.

However, I was wrong.

His long ability cooldowns really hamper the ability to use TF (as I've now seen everywhere on the forums), and the other crippling factor was that even with the mana boost of Sheen/TF, I was still running OOM after one or two E>Q>W combos, even late game.

So my thought is that perhaps Manamune is an item to go for? I realize his base mana pool is almost laughable, so perhaps it wouldn't do much to help, But I ran a test game with it and it seemed alright. If I'm horribly wrong and/or missing an obvious solution, let me know.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 2:11pm | Report
Triforce isn't the best item to go, as you said, because his skills are on relatively long cooldowns.

I've played one game against a good Jarvan - he laned very little and actually switched over to jungle around 3 levels in. His team ended up beating ours because they were so incredibly organized, but even so, his build was strong by itself. He never really had mana problems, but I suppose that that's because of blue buff.

Manamune isn't the way to go. You're sacrificing too much damage early on. If mana is such a concern to you, I highly recommend either Banshee's Veil, no matter what type of Jarvan you're playing, or Glacial Shroud into a Frozen Heart if you play tank Jarvan.
Bukiyo
<Member>
Bukiyo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 2:56pm | Report
Thanks for the reply. I ran a few more bot games to mess around with his stats, and indeed, Manamune takes a lot of early damage from him, not to mention his mana pool is still restricted late game, even when maxed. I noticed a lot of jungling Jarvin guides popping up, but personally I'm not very good at it; although it seems like taking a bit of lifesteal and a handful of points into Demacian Standard allows Jarvin to easily take down the blue buff golem. That should effectively solve my mana issues. xD
Atheb
<Member>
Atheb's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 1:25am | Report
hm i dont like jungle jarvan. he can sure clear jungle pretty fast but his ganking is not so great. he is pretty slow and its hard to land his flag + dragonstrike combo as a surprise gank. even his ultimate isnt great for jungle ganks as most people just flash out or the wall blocks your allies.
my opinion -> good jungler bad ganker... tier 3 or bot tier 2.

I play jarvan as a tank atm.
early catalyst will help you with mana. youll just go banshees, sunfire /randuins omen, warmogs <-> atmas. hard to say as tank builds are situational but i realy like atmas on him^^

why tank?
Q: AoE armor reduce=good for your team. also a AoE knock up if combined with E. insane!
W: shield + AoE slow is pretty tanky skill i think^^
E: more armor + support for your team and the knock up combo
R(Ultimate): Insane initiator! great uses f.e.: lock in theyr melees with you. thy now have to attack you and you can take that(also its what you want as a tank); Save your teammates, initiate and force a teamfight if you think you can handle it

after all great tank skills.
full dps is wasted
your ad ratios are pretty good but only with bonus ad. you will realise a significant increase of you dmg after you bought atmas.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide