Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What is +Rep? Why does it say...

Creator: Matt October 30, 2011 10:30pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 17 27
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 10:30pm | Report
I have had more than one person contact me concerned about why it says "Unremarkable" under their name, so this thread is here to help clarify what this means, and what the pink "+Rep" displayed on comments is for.

Both of these are tied to our "Reputation System". This system provides a way for users to thank you for helping them out, posting a guide they like, saying something they strongly agree with, etc... When someone does something and you want to thank them for it, of course you should reply and say so, or vote up their guide, but you can take it a step further and click the "+Rep" link displayed on their comments!

Every time someone clicks +Rep on one of your comments, you get a point added to your reputation score. As your reputation score climbs higher, you will get new titles displayed under your name. The first such title is "Unremarkable", you will get new titles as you build a better reputation on the site. Higher titles become harder and harder to reach, and there are many that haven't been discovered yet!

There are some enforced rules to this system. Your reputation score cannot go down, no one can ever delete a reputation point after they've given it to you and there is no way to -Rep anyone. There are limitations to how rapidly you can give out reputation, this is put in place to prevent gaming the system and cheating. You can only +Rep the same person once every 24 hours and you can only +Rep the same person once per comment. This system also uses IP address checks similar to the guide voting system.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 11:05pm | Report
Matt wrote:
Higher titles become harder and harder to reach, and there are many that haven't been discovered yet!

omg, really? Need. To. Find. Out.

When did +rep come out, by the way? Was it available before the forums? Nice informative post :)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 11:11pm | Report
Why is it that you don't have the option to - rep someone? Curious.

I don't think the MOBA community is /that/ immature to - rep people who downvote their guides. Oh... maybe I just answered my own question.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 1:06am | Report
@jhoijhoi, we launched with no forum at all. Then when we added it, it was quite lacking in features. We've been expanding on it here and there since. Reputation was one of the more recent additions.

@Toshabi, the only reason to have down voting is if you need to rank things against each other. That's not what reputation is about. It's very hard to get +Rep votes and we didn't want people to sweat about losing it. It's just so much more fun if it's one way only.

I'll be linking the reputation titles to this post shortly, so that new users that don't know what it is will see it's a link and follow to here :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 1:58am | Report
Nice post :)

Wondering what the current ranks are though...
Also, is there a chance it will soon be possible to +Rep one person more than once a day? I've seen members who have been actively reviewing multiple guides a day and yet I couldn't +Rep them more than once for helping others out :|

EDIT: PsiGuard once mentioned that it would be nice to be able to see who +Rep'd you or what the comment was that you got +Rep'd for. Any chance of that happening?

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 9:16pm | Report
Ye I remember when rep was added and everyone had like 1 rep...I'd say that was back in Feb or March?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 9:21pm | Report
Matt and FlashJ should just crank their own Rep, add a title that says "Legendary" and strut around the forums like bosses ^^
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 10:30pm | Report
@Wayne3100, we might add that at some point but, it isn't very high on our priority list. There's a lot of much more exciting things we'll want to do first.

@PsyGuard, lol... Actually I think it's pretty awesome that we have users that have significantly higher rep than I do! Just goes to show how awesome the MOBAFire community is, some of you guys really go out of your way to make it a great place and to help each other.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:14am | Report

Ye I remember when rep was added and everyone had like 1 rep...I'd say that was back in Feb or March?

lol yea
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 11:16am | Report
inb4 Jhoi hit's 500, has some new tag, and is forever famous.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 17 27

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide