Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is it considered acceptable to have two...

Creator: Stomper February 10, 2014 10:47pm
Stomper
<Member>
Stomper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 10:47pm | Report
Is it considered acceptable to have two separate guides for the same champion?

Or are we just supposed to use the same guide?
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2014 11:59pm | Report
I think the common thing to do is to either update a guide (If you're talking about making a guide of the same playing type, like a certain role), or to archive your old guide, and uploading a new one for the exposure for the update (If the previous guide was perhaps received poorly due to certain factors).

I think however, if the guide is sufficiently different from the other one, there shouldn't be any turning eyes in that regard.
You can for example have a guide for AP Tristana but also a guide that covers her as an ADC(Or Marksman). While this is fine, it wouldn't make much sense to me to have two seperate guides for the same role for a single champion, for instance two guides for standard ADC(Or Marksman) Vayne.
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 7:58am | Report
I prefer to write new guides rather than make huge updates to a single guide. For example, my first ever Talon guide has absolutely nothing in common with my second one, and the second one had absolutely nothing in common with my current one. All three were written from scratch, and are completely different guides. If I'd simply edited the same guide over and over again, I'd have lost the previous versions of the guide, whereas I like thinking of them as "my first guide", "my second guide" and "my current guide".
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2014 8:05am | Report
If you can make it work, I don't see why having two would be objectionable.
EsportsMoodle
<Member>
EsportsMoodle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2014 2:34am | Report
Yes it can happen,
I imagine both players would have to shuffle the same champ at the same time.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide