Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

ELO concept & stuff

Creator: listick02 November 25, 2011 6:44am
listick02
<Member>
listick02's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 6:44am | Report
After dropping above 1k ELO i'm finally making my way back to the ranking and this surprised me a little bit.

Just a little hystory: i was around 1.3k ELO at the beginning of the season and then due to trolls, my faults, leavers, afkers ecc...i dropped at 950 ELO. At this point of my gaming experience i decide to take an huge pause from ranking and then i went back to normal games just to have some fun. I played like 100 normals before feeling again comfortable with ranking: this time my skills was enough to manage the 1k ELO trolls so i had my way back to the top and now after two weeks of gaming my partial score is 14-2 :)

during this period i noticed some strange things happening with the matchmaking: first of all, the lack of trolls, noobs and so in my team. Of course, not all the players i had the pleasure to meet where as good as i would have liked they to be, but i'm sure they all did theyr best. In the same time, i saw the enemy team being slaughtered by the same trolls that took me under 1k ELO: random pickers, afkers, flamers, rage quitters: a lot of my enemy teams where afflicted by this players (not every single one tho).

So my question is: is someone able to explain me how this whole ELO stuff works? I mean: if you are on a winning spree, the chance to team up with good players against bad ones are increased?

Thanks for reading :) GL & HF
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:06am | Report
The way I feel * not sure about the facts *

If I win lets say two or three in a row I'll end up on a team with at least one feeder / afk / leaver / flamer . Now I find the reason behind this is because this is where you're suppose to break through that ELO you're stuck at by finding a way to win regardless of your teammates.

Therefor if your on a winning stream you're likely to have teammates on a decline vice if you're losing then you'll end up having good teammates that are doing well.

Just my two cents.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 7:16am | Report
How do you drop above? :D It's more like rise above and drop under.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Brentaxe
<Member>
Brentaxe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 4:21am | Report
Quoted:

The way I feel * not sure about the facts *

If I win lets say two or three in a row I'll end up on a team with at least one feeder / afk / leaver / flamer .

OH GAWD im on a 3 win streak in ranked.
this place is a dump
Macaco Velho
<Member>
Macaco Velho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 3:56pm | Report
The thing is: you look at people as if they actually WERE trolls. They, in fact, are acting as trolls. If you have a positive attitude and try to cheer your team up, they're much less likely to troll, rage and go afk. And you often are in a better mood when you're winning; if you're losing, you're more likely to be rough to people, which will lit the tinder and make the whole bomb go off.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 5:16pm | Report
Whats important is that you're doing your best. Winning and losing are parts of the game.

Are you going to be happy everytime you win and sad when you lose? Of course not. Sometimes I win, but I feel sorry for the enemy team, they got a leaver or a troll. Or the match was so intense, fighting and fighting, but they won because of a little detail, it was epic.

Let the trolls, they are there to **** your game. Just stay around, feed and let the enemies win. You can play another match for free.
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 10:52am | Report
Interesting, I am not really sure, I am trying to fight my way out of 800 ELO. I got there for the same reasons, some of my own mess ups, leavers and flamers. I've been watching alot of livestreams lately and been trying to work the best way to carry myself out, obviously I just need to get better.

As regards to the ELO system, I'm pretty sure your matched with people based on your wins/loss who are close to you in ELO (No more than 100-200 more in my case). I.e if your on a losing streak you'll be placed with the people on a losing streak, therefore you need to struggle your way out of it, and will be placed with some others who are winning more often, now im winning like 2-1. There's definetly a difference in players. See you at 1600, maybe :D
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide