Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support carry? Is there such a thing?

Creator: dadde September 29, 2012 10:37am
1 2 3
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 10:37am | Report
The question is this, "out of all the support, even the unconventional onces that you very rarely see, what is the support which can carry the most and allow you to gain elo?" What are your experiences and how do you do your runes/masteries and items on them? My brother L O V E S the support LB. I really enjoy support but i also want to have a large impact on how the game plays out in all the stages. If i am thinking about this all wrong please let me know but i really wanna support and gain elo while doing it. Any info is greatly appreciated even if its just your opinion. Thank-you very much for your help in advance!
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 10:53am | Report
Imo Taric is probably the safest.
If your carry is decent at all you can get him fed.

Leona is good too.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 10:58am | Report
If you and your carry are good, many can accomplish that. However, to carry yourself through lower elo, Taric, Blitzcrank and Leona are usually the best

Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 11:04am | Report
If by carry you mean, you do all the work and win, then none. Supports cannot carry a game by themselves, since they're not meant to be damage dealers. Even if you're doing really well, if your teammates are not, then you're still screwed.

If you want to have a big impact throughout all phases of the game, then I can say Blitzcrank (Dat grab) and Sona (Dat passive and dat ult) are good choices. I cannot say anything about Taric since I've never played him before.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
WOMBO
<Member>
WOMBO's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 11:27am | Report
Depends on elo range, but past 1450 or so it's possible. Supports carry laning phase. If your AD gets their lategame 15 minutes in, it's GG regardless of how bad your mid was (unless, of course, your mid was just as bad as their AD, in which case it's a bit of a toss up).

Point being, when Sivir has her IE and BT when their mid lane finishes Abyssal, there's no contest. She's going to snowball her team.
Turbo Punz
<Member>
Turbo Punz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 1:29pm | Report
Taric to strong.

Sexy General Odd-Bro is Sexy

+Rep me if you found anything helpful from me

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the beautiful signaures

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 1:41pm | Report
one time i carried as karma cuz the rest of my team didnt know how to get kills...we did lose that game though
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Xenotechie
<Guide Critic>
Xenotechie's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 1:42pm | Report
One can't really overstate how useful is Taric in solo queue. Sure, it is nice to have good coordination with your lane partner in the early game, but one can just try to zone out the enemy and let your carry farm his face off. Later on, your teammates just need to stand near you to be supported. I rune him very aggressive: ArP marks, flat mana regen seals, Mres per level glyhs, and AP/MS quints. Hell, I made a guide about him, check my signature.

If you want something a bit more passive, take Soraka. She's pretty much a heal bot, and your carry just needs to stand back and farm. Later on, you can get assists from the other side of the map with Wish, and your teamfight presence boils down to spamming Starcall, healing the guys who get focused, and silencing the AP carries before they can start bursting everone down. I grab armor marks, armor seals, cooldown reduction glyphs and gold quints. Well, I would, if I played her often enough.

On both, I get 0/9/21 masteries, but feel free to swap out Veteran's Scars for Summoner's Wrath , or, hell, just plain go 9/0/21 on Taric if you like Exhaust. Items heavily depend on the circumstance, but I tend to start Faerie Charm + some combination of wards and potions.

Did I help you? Do you feel nice today? Take a look at my guide,I would really appreciate it.

The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 2:03pm | Report
Maokai and Zilean. I cant tell you how many times I have tree carried from support, or been something like 9/2/7 by 20 minutes with Zilean. Its hilarious. BUT, it is my personal opinion that the "traditional" supports (such as Taric, Soraka, Sona, and Alistar) are incapable of carrying you through ELO, because those characters are totally dependent upon your ADC being decent and not a ******. However more aggressive supports like Maokai, Zilean, and Nunu & Willump almost can disregard the skill of the ADC as long as the jungler is good. If the ADC is good as well as the jungler, you're going to have a great time.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2012 3:17pm | Report
If leona is in there, would amumu be worth of a decent sup that can carry?
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide