Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Critical damage.

Creator: xOverLoad June 13, 2011 3:31am
xOverLoad
<Member>
xOverLoad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 3:31am | Report
Ok, well this is what i wanted to ask. Etc. for Gangplank (because he depends on crit ratio) , i dont know why people use Arp or crit ratio runes ( i mean full set of crit ratio) and i looked on most voted builds for him, i think critical damage runes are more effective for him , i have made calcutions and with full set of critical damage runes he gets 45,51% more crit dmg, and that a lot if u ask me. I was wondering does it apply like if im doing 1300 crits with full item build (without crit damage runes) will i do 1885 crits or ? Ie gives him 250% instead of 200% thats 50% more and that difference is much more then noticable, so that 45% from runes would be awesome. Sooo, stick to armor penetration marks, mana regen seals, CDR glyps and Arp quints OR do a full set of critical damage runes ? Your opinions ?
Traa1703
<Member>
Traa1703's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 4:08am | Report
It's all a balancing act deciding which runes to take. Furor glyphs and seals are for instance not nearly as powerful as their mark and quint counterparts.

That is why you must decide if the 10% extra crit damage from seals and glyphs is more worth it then mana regen and Cdr.

In addition a lot of games are decided early and extra crit damage without crit chance is fairly useless. On the other hand ArPen, and mana regen runes help greatly early in the game and could put your team in the lead and ensure a win.

All in all you must pick runes according to playstyle, and if you don't get a ArPen on Gangplank, you must itemise to fill that hole as soon as possible by getting an early The Brutalizer, or a mid game Last Whisper.
+ Rep plx
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 4:15am | Report
this graph, using 21 offense masteries and the same build (ie ghostblade pd bv atmas), the line represents the difference in marks.

i didnt make the graph but im assuming that it took the average (ie if you ahve 20 crit chance it averaged 1 crit vs 4 non crits.)

you'll notice that at about 130 armor it evens out and you'll start to see some more damage the higher they go.

but the other thing you have to take into account is chance. the build only gives about 90% crit chance so you could be unlucky and hit 2 non crits in a row.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 7:36am | Report
caucheka wrote:

i didnt make the graph but im assuming that it took the average (ie if you ahve 20 crit chance it averaged 1 crit vs 4 non crits.)

Yup.
Made them -->
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide