Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vlad VS. Mordekaiser (HELP)

Creator: Moridin63 July 24, 2011 5:25pm
1 2
Moridin63
<Member>
Moridin63's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 5:25pm | Report
Hey, I just started playing Vlad, and I can do alright with him other than sometimes ****ing up my pool timing, but my main problem is that most mordes i come up against 1v1 pretty much beat me, either by making me go back they get the tower, or the wear me down till I get caught in an ult and die.

So, tips / advice / pants, would be extremely appreciated.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 5:31pm | Report
You're going to lose to a few people 1v1 as vlad. Morde is one of them. He pushes way harder than you can and, there's no way to compensate for it. I would suggest a lane change ASAP. Same with 1v1 against Malzahar.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 5:39pm | Report
You basically have to burst him when his shield is down.

OR you can play very aggresively and force his shield down.

You should rush revolver because he's going to do the same.

Eventually though, if you let Mordekaiser get in range, you WILL lose the lane.

Q+W hurts.
Tri lane for life.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 6:13pm | Report
Either you play REAL passive or you lose.

Unless you pull some super lucky noob morde, hes just really hard to beat at the moment for vlad.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 6:31pm | Report
Quoted:

Either you play REAL passive or you lose.

Unless you pull some super lucky noob morde, hes just really hard to beat at the moment for vlad.

If you play "REAL" passive against a mordekaiser, he will just out farm you, and then three shot you later when he's full build at 35 minutes because you didn't attempt to harass him.

Mordekaiser has an EXTREMELY weak early game.

Unless you are a melee character with bad starting damage, like Nasus, Pantheon or someone, Mordekaiser will lose that 1v1 @ level 1-3.
Tri lane for life.
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 7:04pm | Report
Since I'm a Pro Vlad, AHUE!
There's a list of "who not to face as Vlad ever for ****'s sake".

Kassadin
Mordekaiser
Corki
Annie, a good one, take it into consideration.
Gangplank, for now at least.
LeBlanc, for ****'s sake, don't do this, it's a suicide mission.
Warwick a.k.a Lanewick/Magewick.
Urgot

In particular, I could add a great Brand, but I mean, a great one who knows to place his Pillar a little bit further so you step into it anyway. But all in all, keep away from these ****ers and you will be fine. Main reason: In no effin' way, there's no EFFIN WAY, to counter them with Sanguine Pool properly, like, you can't just roflstomp on them like on Cassiopiea, when she tries to ulti and you pool her face. Not gonna work with LB or Morde, just don't lane against them unless you don't have a frigging choice.

EDIT: Further Hate answered. Aye, you can buy a Hextech Revolver, won't help against these champions, maybe against Warwick or Brand, eventually Urgot, others will still be a lot of thread to you.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 7:18pm | Report

Since I'm a Pro Vlad, AHUE!
There's a list of "who not to face as Vlad ever for ****'s sake".

Kassadin
Mordekaiser
Corki
Annie, a good one, take it into consideration.
Gangplank, for now at least.
LeBlanc, for ****'s sake, don't do this, it's a suicide mission.
Warwick a.k.a Lanewick/Magewick.
Urgot

In particular, I could add a great Brand, but I mean, a great one who knows to place his Pillar a little bit further so you step into it anyway. But all in all, keep away from these ****ers and you will be fine. Main reason: In no effin' way, there's no EFFIN WAY, to counter them with Sanguine Pool properly, like, you can't just roflstomp on them like on Cassiopiea, when she tries to ulti and you pool her face. Not gonna work with LB or Morde, just don't lane against them unless you don't have a frigging choice.

EDIT: Further Hate answered. Aye, you can buy a Hextech Revolver, won't help against these champions, maybe against Warwick or Brand, eventually Urgot, others will still be a lot of thread to you.

Agreed totally, as a avid Vlad player myslef, you can 1 v 1 against morde but you will need a couple of things;

-Full rune page specifically for vlad
-Understanding of morde's cooldowns
-Passive play till level 5
-A jungler to gank between levels 1-9

I 1 v 1 morde all the time, aint a problem if you can avoid his E ability.

On the other hand, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever lane against Kassadin. Ever >.>
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 9:11pm | Report
As a Leblanc player/Vlad player, I must say I have taken apart quite a few vlads as leblanc.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 9:19pm | Report
Morde's CDs are so much shorter and his range exceeds yours. Switch lanes, or just be extremely aggressive. Morde's can play off of passiveness, but if you can zone him out of the minion waves you should hold an advantage.

The issue is skill orders, grabbing Transfuse level 1 and then going Tides of Blood and sanguine pool might be your best bet if you're stuck in the lane. Tides gives you a little bit of poke I suppose.

But morde is a solid solo laner. He can push irelia and udyr around no problem. Even WW can;t match him IMO.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 9:19pm | Report
Morde's CDs are so much shorter and his range exceeds yours. Switch lanes, or just be extremely aggressive. Morde's can play off of passiveness, but if you can zone him out of the minion waves you should hold an advantage.

The issue is skill orders, grabbing Transfuse level 1 and then going Tides of Blood and sanguine pool might be your best bet if you're stuck in the lane. Tides gives you a little bit of poke I suppose.

But morde is a solid solo laner. He can push irelia and udyr around no problem. Even WW can;t match him IMO.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide